Timeline of Dichotomous Flowers - Game Complete

Stranger from Myst Island

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Can you explain Zodiac mafia to me? I've never heard of it.
Zodiac Mafia was a setup Choco ran on his discord server a while back. As part of the flavor, there were rotating seasons (season would rotate at the end of each day phase, iirc), and certain roles could only use their powers during certain seasons. There was also an arsonist-based mafia as well, if I'm correct.

Dess

The UmbreOp
Reaction score
Didn't Alisha host the Tarot card mafia? If she did then I'm inclined to think that based off of this flower role names may be inherently good or bad and something worth inquiring into

Vyryn

Reaction score
Very interesting indeed. I wonder how many layers deep this goes...
I think we should consider not just the picture but also the poem.

As flowers bloom in the spring,
with renowned honour and fresh vengeance,
the dial of time spins.

May lies and deceit distort the dimming truth;
for calamity is sowed from the seeds of rivalry.

From the first verse, it's probably a safe bet the clock hands will move around to different players. Abilities that target the hour hand or the minute hand, perhaps...
As for the second verse, perhaps there's something about flowers that compete for the same sort of environment, one town team and one mafia team?
The geometry of the clock might be relevant as well. I don't have a good theory on how yet, but maybe abilities can target the player opposite you or something?

One other thing I think I should contribute early on is, I am not a flower. Plant yes, flower no. Is everyone else a flower?

Timdood3

Mafia Host
Reaction score
One other thing I think I should contribute early on is, I am not a flower. Plant yes, flower no. Is everyone else a flower?
Considering that one of the hands is pointed at you currently, this is very intriguing indeed.

Something I also just thought of is that there are certainly players who know more about the setup than we, the general public, do. If I could ask any of them to step forward, I'd be appreciative.

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Didn't Alisha host the Tarot card mafia? If she did then I'm inclined to think that based off of this flower role names may be inherently good or bad and something worth inquiring into
No that was arelic and jolt

Very interesting indeed. I wonder how many layers deep this goes...
I think we should consider not just the picture but also the poem.

As flowers bloom in the spring,
with renowned honour and fresh vengeance,
the dial of time spins.

May lies and deceit distort the dimming truth;
for calamity is sowed from the seeds of rivalry.

From the first verse, it's probably a safe bet the clock hands will move around to different players. Abilities that target the hour hand or the minute hand, perhaps...
As for the second verse, perhaps there's something about flowers that compete for the same sort of environment, one town team and one mafia team?
The geometry of the clock might be relevant as well. I don't have a good theory on how yet, but maybe abilities can target the player opposite you or something?

The second verse is from LCN games, each game begins with that verse, so it hasn't been tailored specifically for this game and seems to just be a kind of choco trademark, but I guess there's still merit to the idea that it's linked to this setup somehow

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score

The second verse is from LCN games, each game begins with that verse, so it hasn't been tailored specifically for this game and seems to just be a kind of choco trademark, but I guess there's still merit to the idea that it's linked to this setup somehow
LCN being the discord mafia community choco started, for anyone confused

• Thank You
Reactions: Timdood3

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score

(and the first verse does seem to be tailored for this game specifically and probably is telling us something about the setup, e.g. the clock will change as you said)

Dess

The UmbreOp
Reaction score
I agree with the idea that paying attention to those that are selected by the clock is definitely worthwhile. As this was a closed setup we are a complete loss for what kind of roles could exist. I think that inquiring into whoever gets selected is worth a shot and we would need to pay attention to death trends as well (seeing if one of them selected died).

I will say though that I don't think numbers are directly related to a role itself (as in a role does not have a number assigned to them). I assume it was the case for you guys as well that your number was unbeknownst to you until this thread was opened up and you saw them yourself. My role PM did not have a number in it so I think it is safe to assume that these numbers instead are tied into how certain roles function, such as targeting a number or so on.

Anyways, speaking of the clock thing, have Notme and Vyryn commented on their opinions or views about being chosen at all?

Timdood3

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Well, I feel like we've had a bit of discussion, and learned a few juicy bits, but it's been a while since I've seen the classic "let's get this game started with a list of questions." So in addition to my specific question for Brian (whether or not he is a flower), I'd like to pose a few for everyone.

1) Are you town aligned?
2) What do you know about the roman numerals?
3) I haven't seen anyone comment much on the colors. What do you know about them?
4) Based on what you've seen so far, how funky do you think this setup is on a scale of one to ten?
5) How possible do you think it is that there are hidden elements to your or others' role?

And of course, I will provide my own answers:
1) Absolutely.
2) Jack shit. I've thrown out ideas like roles interacting with them, but until Brian elaborates, I got nothing.
3) Nothing. I do think, though, that colors are hidden aspects of our roles. No idea what it'd affect though.
4) At least like seven.
5) I think it's very likely. It's certainly important not to underestimate a seemingly innocuous role, either.

Vyryn

Reaction score
My thoughts on being selected initially by the clock:

It doesn't seem to have any connection to my role, either alignment or description. I am town aligned. It would be a dead giveaway if the clock started pointing towards the mafia preferentially, for example, and that seems self evident that the hands are probably unrelated to player roles but instead related to other game mechanics. What mechanics those might be, my role description offers no clues.

• Thank You
Reactions: Infected_alien8_

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
1) Are you town aligned?
Yes
Nothing
3) I haven't seen anyone comment much on the colors. What do you know about them?
Nothing
4) Based on what you've seen so far, how funky do you think this setup is on a scale of one to ten?
7ish as well
5) How possible do you think it is that there are hidden elements to your or others' role?
Definitely possible. Hidden mechanics I definitely think are a thing. Hidden abilities, mm, maybe? 50/50 chance to my mind rn

Stranger from Myst Island

Mafia Host
Reaction score
1) Are you town aligned?
Yes
Nothing yet.
They might represent pokemon games?
Probably an 8.
It's very possible. For all we know certain people's abilities could manipulate the clock and/or colors. It could also be done via RNG just to fuck with us.

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
The theory that feels most right to me right now is that the clock hands are rng'd, and the colours are rng'd, but the colours mean a fixed thing

So red always means X, yellow always means Z, etc

So each morning 2 people are selected to have the effect of something

The effect could be something that affects them, or that affects people who visit them, and there's four options and as the game progresses we might be able to figure out what the colours each mean

e.g. if the colour is red, the people who the clock is pointing at turn granny-like for that night and anyone who visits them dies. if the colour is yellow, they get notified of who visits them that night. If it's blue, they're unkillable for that night. Stuff like that.

Anyway going to bed now