Timeline of Dichotomous Flowers - Game Complete

TheWeakGuy48_

Geezuslike
Donor
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Have we now?
Not completely sold on the idea that the red clock hands mean there's scum amongst the two people because having an investigation system like that seems a bit overpowered considering we all get to see the results and nobody has to out and risk their life and future investigative abilities for us to see the investigation results. Alisha and choco have both delivered well balanced setups in the past so I expect this one to be balanced as well. I'm open to the possibility of the investigation theory and I don't think it's impossible to make it balanced, it just seems unlikely to me rn and I don't want to lynch based off it atm

TheWeakGuy48_

Geezuslike
Donor
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Also, something just popped into my head; If the hour hand points at a player(or number for that sake), wouldn't that mean that the minute hand would need to be placed at XVI (vyryn) all the time? If the minute hand VIII (notty) then the hour hand would be placed right between two players. At least that's my understanding of a clock (if that still applies here)

• Confusing
Reactions: Infected_alien8_

Stranger from Myst Island

Mafia Host
Reaction score
And unless a PR claims we'll be without info. Are you expecting someone to claim after a single report?

Humour me, what deduction would you make if I were to die tonight?
-No, I'm not expecting PRs to claim right away. But if they get a non-town/suspicious report from somebody, they can definitely question that person more closely tomorrow and possibly get others to start reading that person as mafia.
-I would look into Vyryn more closely seeing as you've had him voted for a good part of the day phase, followed by Aqua, seeing as he was a bit annoyed by your ambiguous answer to the question "Are you town aligned?"

Notme

Self-Aware Forum AI
Reaction score
Website
escaperestart.com
To clarify what I meant by this, are you a PR? Why would you say that you think everyone is a PR, and why would say who you would use your night action on? If you're town you really shouldn't be giving the mafia this too much info
I never said that I'm PR or not, I was theorizing about clock.
Also this game just feels like it doesn't have vanilla type roles.

If clock was pointing at lets say Aqua and Omni then I would ask them to test their night actions on each other to see if clock redirects night actions.

Aqua

Does anybody remember laughter?
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Website
tehurn.com
The name of a flowering plant is most of the time also used as the name of the flower itself. I bought this up as I was wondering if vyryn was just being strict or actually doesn't have a flowering plant

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
I really think y'all are putting to much thought into this and to put it to rest, my role name isn't even a name of a flower, rather a genus of flowering plants. It's likely choco/alisha just looked up cool sounding flower names and just rolled with it.

Sam_Winchester

Donor
Creative Staff
Survival Staff
Reaction score
My early ‘keeping it short’ reads so far:

Tim: power role, may or may not be scum, so far I’ll stick with neutral
Vyryn: mostly townie vibes, very forward, feels honest
Brian: another power role, perhaps town side or (godfather if not him then Tim)
Stranger: town for now
Molten: smells mafia like, but it’s still early
Notme: town for now, he’s down for some experimenting, I love experiments!
Aqua: meme townie or possible mafia (mostly neutral)
Omni: meme townie or possible mafia (chaotic neutral, reminds me of Bender the robot)
Weak: don’t have much to add about, detached- townie vibes
Notty: townie or vigi, mos def power role vibes
Unusual: haven’t seen enough of him
HK: chimes in once in a while, neutral vibes
Inffy: power role, vigi or mafia
Kropp: Too quiet, either mafia or just detached from game
Dess: don’t have much to go on him rn, so townie for now

Also while going back in the threads Aqua mentioned seeing me in two other games: Incorrect. I was in Corporate mafia but then never came back because people weren’t replaying fast enough and I got bored. Never played wolf, ever. If I’m not constantly reading (even when at work) or at least making 1-2 posts a day, no matter how useless, I lose interest and abandon ship. Which is why I’m showing my short reads list, and will post a longer one tonight when we get more replies worth judging from.

Sam_Winchester

Donor
Creative Staff
Survival Staff
Reaction score
Also no need to worry a ton these reads, there's still some time, and I tend to mark down people with strong arguments as power roles, for both town side and mafia. The next few hours will probably have me change a lot of these.

Unusual_Dood

Reaction score

Omni: meme townie or possible mafia (chaotic neutral, reminds me of Bender the robot)
Please try to not speak too much about whos PR and who is not as this information will benefit mafia more at the moment

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
The only read I have now is that I town read Stranger a little after his "reads post".
Why's that?

Because yours were the only ones I had any thoughts on.
But your thoughts on mine were basically 'I don't particularly agree or disagree because the reasons are quite thin'. If that's the type of thought that's enough for you to post about then surely you had some kind of thought on everyone else's reads, even if it was just 'I don't particularly see it'?

Also for the first time ever I think Inf, Notty and I are all townies (or atleast not mafia)
Yeah I agree I think we're probably all town rn too

"Debunked" when Inf is the only person who even mentioned it. His argument doesn't even make sense saying it is overpowered because it isn't. Not only does it point to two people, but we have not much idea as of yet what the colors mean to it.
If your theory is right and that the colours mean a fixed investigation report then over the next several days, nearing towards end-game, there's a reasonable chance we'd have sussed out what each of those colours mean. So then by that point, for example if you're right and we've deduced that Red = 1 mafia 1 town, and it comes up red nearing end-game, we suddenly have a 50/50 shot to lynch mafia correctly, and whoever isn't mafia among them is proven town. And the other colours, I can't think of what they could mean except for e.g. <colour 2> = 2 town, <colour 3> = 1 town 1 third party, stuff like that, since there's likely only town, mafia and third party so not many combinations the colours could mean. If we got <colour 2> on two people near endgame suddenly the lynch pool is significantly decreased. And this fact is presented for everybody to see, nobody has to out themselves to reveal it so it could happen again the next night since even if a specific person needs to be alive to control the clock, they can just stay silent about who they are and stay alive and let the clock do its thing again tomorrow. Don't you think that sounds overpowered/unfair on scum?

You should probably avoid pointing out who you think has a power role. The fact your mindset is on sussing out whether you think someone is a PR or not is a bit of a red flag for me as well.

• Agree
Reactions: Aqua

Sam_Winchester

Donor
Creative Staff
Survival Staff
Reaction score
Like I said, anyone whom I'd consider a power role is also what you guys would call a scum read. All strong characters come off as either PR or Scum for me, so I just like to guess early on and then see how wrong or right I was. It's day 0 afterall. I'm not concerned with my guesses being threatning to town, because mafia will take someone regardless of my reads.

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
If your theory is right and that the colours mean a fixed investigation report then over the next several days, nearing towards end-game, there's a reasonable chance we'd have sussed out what each of those colours mean. So then by that point, for example if you're right and we've deduced that Red = 1 mafia 1 town, and it comes up red nearing end-game, we suddenly have a 50/50 shot to lynch mafia correctly, and whoever isn't mafia among them is proven town. And the other colours, I can't think of what they could mean except for e.g. <colour 2> = 2 town, <colour 3> = 1 town 1 third party, stuff like that, since there's likely only town, mafia and third party so not many combinations the colours could mean. If we got <colour 2> on two people near endgame suddenly the lynch pool is significantly decreased. And this fact is presented for everybody to see, nobody has to out themselves to reveal it so it could happen again the next night since even if a specific person needs to be alive to control the clock, they can just stay silent about who they are and stay alive and let the clock do its thing again tomorrow. Don't you think that sounds overpowered/unfair on scum?
oh and I forgot to say that after we've sussed out what the colours mean we can look back over the previous clocks and possible confirm several people's alignments as well*

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Infected_alien8_ care to explain your two "confusing" reactions?
The first one, you asked raxo "are you a PR?" in the same post as saying he shouldn't be revealing that info to the mafia

The second one I just have 0 idea what you mean sorry, forgot about that, could you explain it in a different way please?