Timeline of Dichotomous Flowers - Game Complete

Nottykitten

Nomnomnom kitteh!
Reaction score
Personally I wouldn't call it mystery just because there's an unknown element you have to figure out since most closed games have that. To me, the fact they called it mystery game means there's possibly something especially 'behind the scenes' going on which warrants that name, similar to a bastard setup. Although yeah if the effects have the potential to really screw people over that does seem a bit unfair and calling it a bastard setup would be more fitting
I guess only time will tell

Sam_Winchester

Donor
Creative Staff
Survival Staff
Reaction score
Dess I read Inffy and everyone who I markedas likely non-town, because townies get the least info on setups. I often scum read people who seem to have very poised answers as oposed to trying to guess. It's a shit strategy since people can just be very experienced in mafia games, but that combined with people teaming very early on is usually a giant red flag for me. Example, the last game where people kept teaming for a townie to get lynched, and kept excusing the "I agree with said person" crowd for a 'no lynch', who all ended up being mafia in the end. I hope this post serves an observing townie in future days.

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Bad luck of the draw I guess, that one of the roles the hands started on is Mafia (if thats what red means).
Oh right I'll respond to this too, tt would be bad luck, just seems really unfair and something alisha/choco would have considered happening and taken measures against it

Like sure having a cop see mafia n1 could make the game swing in town's favour but at least they have to out themselves to get the info out there, having the possibility of the dial giving us mafia day 0 just feels too far

+ the fact the dial seems to have been controlled by RNG rather than a player (since there wouldn't have been much time for someone to give an action in if the game had to have 'begun' before they sent in an action, which seems likely to me) makes it seem even more unfair if it outed a mafia day 0 by just RNG making them a 50/50 lynch immediately

I feel like I'm struggling to articulate exactly why I don't think this theory is likely (as you can probably tell since my arguments have been so spread out across several posts) but yeah I just feel it's wrong rn

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
+ the fact the dial seems to have been controlled by RNG rather than a player (since there wouldn't have been much time for someone to give an action in if the game had to have 'begun' before they sent in an action, which seems likely to me) makes it seem even more unfair if it outed a mafia day 0 by just RNG making them a 50/50 lynch immediately
rather than player choice*

since being lynched because of an RNG pushing you into the spotlight seems more unfair than a player choosing you

TheWeakGuy48_

Geezuslike
Donor
Mafia Host
Reaction score

[BCOLOR=transparent]I - Aqua[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]II - Dess[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]III - HKCaper[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]IV - Infected_alien8_[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]V - Kroppeb[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]VI - MoltenAshes[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]VII - Notme[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]VIII - Nottykitten[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]IX - Omni[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]X - Purplepixies[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]XI - Stranger from Planet 9[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]XII - TehBrian[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]XIII - TheWeakGuy48_[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]XIV - Timdood3[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]XV - Unusual_Dood[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]XVI - Vyryn[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]The [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]hour hand[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent] points at VII, and the [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]minute hand[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent] points at XVI.[/BCOLOR]
Also, something just popped into my head; If the hour hand points at a player(or number for that sake), wouldn't that mean that the minute hand would need to be placed at XVI (vyryn) all the time? If the minute hand VIII (notty) then the hour hand would be placed right between two players. At least that's my understanding of a clock (if that still applies here)
Infected_alien8_
I was referring to the post above. Only the hour hand can point at a player because: the minute hand has to be pointed at XVI (vyryn). If the minute hand is not placed at XVI (vyvryn), then the hour hand would be placed inbetween two players. This means that logically speaking, the hour hand is the hand deciding what colour the primrose has. Sorry if this is confusing or anything, just ask me if you need more clarification.

TheWeakGuy48_

Geezuslike
Donor
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Infected_alien8_
I was referring to the post above. Only the hour hand can point at a player because: the minute hand has to be pointed at XVI (vyryn). If the minute hand is not placed at XVI (vyvryn), then the hour hand would be placed inbetween two players. This means that logically speaking, the hour hand is the hand deciding what colour the primrose has. Sorry if this is confusing or anything, just ask me if you need more clarification.
Here's something shitty I quickly made in paint to better illustrate this:

(red is minute hand and blue is hour hand)
If the minute hand points at XII, then the hour hand wouldn't be pointed at a number, rather between two players.

Timdood3

Mafia Host
Reaction score
I've only recently gotten home, and don't have time for a large post tonight, but I will say that weak's argument, while seemingly logical, sometimes you need to forego the application of realism to game mechanics. To think of it more in terms of representation rather the literal placement.

Also, on reading the first post again, I noticed something I hadn't before: We're all standing on the number, arranged next to each other. It's possible that order and adjacency is relevant, and that we could potentially be shuffled around. Perhaps numbers will even "fall off" of the clock as people drop.

Sam_Winchester

Donor
Creative Staff
Survival Staff
Reaction score
I'm confused... isn't the hour hand red right now? The rose is red so the hour hand should be red.

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Infected_alien8_
Oh I see what you mean

but tbh I don't think we should be seeing the 'clock' as strictly following clock rules considering there are 16 numbers on that clock and therefore telling the time with it doesn't really make sense

• Agree
Reactions: Nottykitten

Sam_Winchester

Donor
Creative Staff
Survival Staff
Reaction score
So let me get this, the theory going here is that the curent color of the primrose affects the minute hand then? Because TheWeakGuy48_ drew his minute hand to be red. So not the hour, but the minute I guess.

Also why would the hour hand be in between 2 players just because the minute hand changes location? I assume that every time the time changes, it's going to be on 2 players.

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
So let me get this, the theory going here is that the curent color of the primrose affects the minute hand then? Because TheWeakGuy48_ drew his minute hand to be red. So not the hour, but the minute I guess.
Idk why TWG made them red but he didn't say that no, and nobody else did either

Also why would the hour hand be in between 2 players just because the minute hand changes location? I assume that every time the time changes, it's going to be on 2 players.
He was thinking of the clock working like a real clock. If a real clock says it's half past 6, the hour hand will be in between 6 and 7. But the clock has 16 numbers and so acting as if it works like a real clock seems like a mistake - e.g. right now the minute hand is at '16', what would that even mean

TheWeakGuy48_

Geezuslike
Donor
Mafia Host
Reaction score
no? What? Look at my picture please

He was thinking of the clock working like a real clock. If a real clock says it's half past 6, the hour hand will be in between 6 and 7. But the clock has 16 numbers and so acting as if it works like a real clock seems like a mistake - e.g. right now the minute hand is at '16', what would that even mean
It's not a clock it's time dial. The minute & hour hand hints towards it working like a usual clock would.

TheWeakGuy48_

Geezuslike
Donor
Mafia Host
Reaction score
But how would it work like a real clock with 16 numbers on it? Pretty sure the clock is just to make it look fancy
+ actual clocks have actual minutes inbetween the numbers. This one doesn't and has 16 sole values that both the hour and minute hand can point at.
A day is split up in 16 hours (an hour is 90 real-life-minutes, or 16 ingame mafia minutes (which is 5,625 real-life-minute each)).

look, it's 1am and i cba to explain how a clock in this hypothetical universe exists

• Haha
Reactions: Sam_Winchester

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
A day is split up in 16 hours (an hour is 90 real-life-minutes, or 16 ingame mafia minutes (which is 5,625 real-life-minute each)).

look, it's 1am and i cba to explain how a clock in this hypothetical universe exists
Eh that seems overly complicated but I guess we'll see tomorrow if the minute hand is still pointing at vy