They Are Among Us [Game Complete!]

Timdood3

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Well, twg isn't my first choice for a lynch, but my main reason for thinking him town would be the blueprint. But what inf said about not being worried about things he probably should've been is a red flag. And at this point, I suppose a red flag such as that is still worth pursuing.
And well, it's a short pursuit I guess. Probably too late to convince to people to go for Aqua :/

I'll just drop the hammer now so I can go take a nap.

Vote TheWeakGuy

Stranger from Myst Island

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Day 2 Final Votecount
TheWeakGuy48_ - sessybessy, Good Skele, InfectedAlien8_, Timdood3
Good Skele - TheWeakGuy48_

Prepared for the worst, but hoping for the best, the denizens of Ravensbluff strung up TheWeakGuy48_. After TheWeakGuy48_ died and his house was search, it was revealed that he was in fact a stranger to Ravensbluff - but a well-meaning stranger. TheWeakGuy48_ was in fact, John Lynch, a CIA agent who had been sent to Ravensbluff with the sole purpose of exposing the aliens there and putting an end to their nefarious plans. Alas, it seemed that all this effort had been for naught.

TheWeakGuy48_ was lynched. They were Town-aligned.

TheWeakGuy48_'s role was John Lynch.
Abilities: None

Inventory:
-Can of paint

Win condition: Eliminate all threats to the town.

After TheWeakGuy48_'s unfortunate death, HKCaper, Timdood3, and Good Skele all took off their handmade human disguise suits to reveal that they were the real Karblin infiltrators. They the proceeded to open fire on sessybessy, Infected_Alien8_, and Aqua, vaporizing them in a matter of seconds. Following this they were able to successfully complete their secret portal device and summon a Karblin army to Earth, dooming humanity. :(

HKCaper's role was Commander Zerg. They were Alien-aligned.

Final Inventory:
-Tinfoil hat: Causes any investigations against you to turn up as 'no result'.
-Screwdriver kit
-AA Batteries
-20 carat diamond
-Camera

Win condition: Either successfully complete the alien portal device or gain factional control of the daily lynch vote.
Timdood3's role was Sergeant Spork. They were Alien-aligned.
Abilities:
-Each night, you may visit another player. You will then learn that player’s current inventory. This action takes place after all item-related actions.

Final Inventory:
-Pink purse
-32GB Flash Drive

Win condition: Either successfully complete the alien portal device or gain factional control of the daily lynch vote.
Good Skele's role was Ensign Beeble. They were Alien-aligned.
Abilities:
-Each night you may visit another player to prevent them from using their night action.

Final Inventory:
-Safe: Allows one item to be removed from play at your discretion. This item cannot be stolen.
-Electromagnet
-Lava Lamp

sessybessy's role was Florence Oakley. They were Town-aligned.

Final Inventory:
-Amethyst
-Diary: Each night, you may write a brief message (600 characters max.) in the diary. Anyone who obtains the diary will be able to see these messages.

Win Condition: Eliminate all threats to the town.
Infected_Alien8_'s role was Charlie the Hobo. They were Town-aligned.
Abilities:
-Each night, visit one player and steal all their items. This action occurs after players receive items from other players or looting the town square.

Final Inventory:
-Tire
-Big Red Button
-Knitting needles
-Alien detector blueprint: If a player is carrying this and they have all the necessary parts to complete the alien detector, they will find out the identities of all remaining aliens. To complete, you must obtain the following items: A tinfoil hat, a socket wrench, and a lava lamp.
-Cow (named Cran): If someone attempts to carry out a lethal attack against you while you have the cow, the attack will fail and the visitor will instead receive the cow.
-Laser pointer

Win Condition: Eliminate all threats to the town.
Aqua's role was Angie Porter. They were Town-aligned.

Final Inventory:
-Safe: Allows one item to be removed from play at your discretion. This item cannot be stolen.
-Socket Wrench (in safe)

Win condition: Eliminate all threats to the town.

In addition, here's the information the aliens were given at the start of the game:
Factional abilities:
-Abduct: Factional nightkill. The person who uses this ability will also gain every item the target has in their inventory if the action is successful.
-Assemble portal device: Add one piece to the portal device. You must have the piece in your inventory in order for this action to be successful. All three pieces must be added to the Alien Portal Device for it to be completed.

Factional inventory:
-Alien portal device blueprint. To complete the device you must acquire the following: A big red button, an amethyst, and a laser pointer.

Aqua

Does anybody remember laughter?
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Website
tehurn.com
Thank you everyone for playing my first mafia setup on EscRestart!
Also, a major thanks to Alisha for helping me balance the setup, as well as Inffy and Ltin for helping resolve some technical issues we had with the forums.

Thread being unlocked now :D
Yo thank you too for hosting a really cool game, shame I couldn't be in it for longer!

But damn well played maf,

especially Tim, there was a voice in the back of my head throughout asking me "what if Tim's the scum investigator role and inf's actually town?" I chose to ignore that voice but how wrong I was, gj dude you played it well!

Aqua

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Website
tehurn.com
  • Haha
Reactions: Infected_alien8_

Stranger from Myst Island

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Oh, also
Achievements:

NEEEEEERRRRRRDDD!!!!!!: Aqua
For running the most detailed mathematical analysis of a game I have ever seen
Don’t You Dare Hurt My Best Friend: Fog
For naming his cow so that anyone else who took it would feel sad for separating Fog from his BFF.
Consolation Prize: TWG
For getting a can of paint after having both the cow and the blueprint stolen from him by Inffy.
The Immortal: Inffy
For barely surviving nearly getting lynched d0, then getting his hands on the cow by sheer luck.

Aqua

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Website
tehurn.com
gg

Inf i gotta confess, i had both the lava lamp and the tinfoil hat yesterday, but the real confession is that i didnt realize you and twg meant the tinfoil hat until tim mentioned it in nightchat.,
You had to have your birthday the day we needed to lynch you, didn't you?

Reactions: Alisha and HKCaper

Aqua

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Website
tehurn.com
ngl, we were planning on getting sessy lynched, and somehow town swayed towards twg, it was genius.
Sessy played that really well tbf, I was more confident she was scum than I let on, I just didn't want inf to get a chance to bus one of her team mates.

But as soon as she claimed and defended herself she convinced me she was town. Idk why or how but it's pretty impressive.

HKCaper

Almighty Goat
Reaction score
I should start taking day 0 seriously...

There was probably truth in your (and mars') points about me inf, but still i tried to make real reads so i dunno. I did try to be more precise with wording after that first post.

I stand by what i said tho, should have been you instead of fog day 0 inf!

Alisha

Mafia Host
Mafia Mod
Reaction score
Closed setups means a game of counterclaims is not reliable, and role does not equal alignment either which why these games encourage reading intentions, not into mechanics.

• Optimistic
Reactions: Aqua

Timdood3

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Super spicy game, I enjoyed the idea a lot. I definitely had done stressful moments but I'm happy to hear that i did a good job. I do sort of feel like I didn't do a whole lot and just let town kill itself....

Tbh I thought we still had another night phase before winning. I thought we were going to have to deal with inf desperately using the cow to turn him into a doctor and mind game that.

Aqua

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Website
tehurn.com
Closed setups means a game of counterclaims is not reliable, and role does not equal alignment either which why these games encourage reading intentions, not into mechanics.
Ehhh idk, I can definitely see Mars point. Unless the game is a bastard game there will be a degree of logic and balancing to a game so trying to predict whether cc's are real and what the town line up may be based on that isn't too unreliable.

Like even tho in the end I was mistaken a large proportion of my argument relied on the notion Tim and inf couldn't be on the same team for balancing reasons. I was just too closed minded to factor in Tim being a sneaky snake lmao

I think Mars was just unfortunate that these contrasting roles were all made visible the way that they were, with unu going from cop to messenger role with both being cc'd, it's obvious why that would draw suspicion.

Stranger from Planet 9 Alisha What were the reasons for your role/item choices? I'd especially like to know about my safe because as Tim pointed out it doesn't seem super useful as a townie but I might just be missing something (unless that's the point).

Also if you want to invite me to dead chat, I'll rejoin discord to make things easier :)