They Are Among Us [Game Complete!]

Timdood3

Mafia Host
Reaction score
I wasn't trying to imply that my items did anything. I was trying to remain vague to see what other people felt about revealing their items uses
What inf is getting at, and what I'm quite stuck on as well tbh, is that you implied that your item(s) has a specified use by saying
"I'm willing to come out with my items' uses"

That would very clearly imply that you already know what your items do.
And with that in mind, it looks to me like you're backpedaling.

Fog

Mafia Host
Reaction score

Timdood3

Mafia Host
Reaction score
I just had an idea. Obviously revealing the items we have has its risks.
But what about revealing the items we're looking for (where applicable).
Then whoever has that item has the option to deliver it at night (assuming they trust the recipient).

Unless there's some glaring flaw that I'm just not seeing, that sounds like a good plan.

Fog

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Unless there's some glaring flaw that I'm just not seeing, that sounds like a good plan.
What happens in the Mafia require certain items to craft a superweapon? Just a theory.

I'm not personally going to request the other thing(s) I may or may not need at this stage of the game.

Timdood3

Mafia Host
Reaction score
What happens in the Mafia require certain items to craft a superweapon? Just a theory.
Well the way I see it, the mafia have the means to go out and get items anyway (via killing), town needs to find some way to safely transfer items between each other.
And if the current item holder doesn't trust the person requesting the item, they're under no obligation to deliver it.

erik5456

Reaction score
What inf is getting at, and what I'm quite stuck on as well tbh, is that you implied that your item(s) has a specified use by saying
"I'm willing to come out with my items' uses"

That would very clearly imply that you already know what your items do.
And with that in mind, it looks to me like you're backpedaling.
In my mind, something doing nothing is a use. That being said, I understand that my wording implies something more. I was trying to pique peoples interests so that they would be more likely to share what items did so that we could have more info on whats happening.

I agree on asking for specific items though. We run the risk of a mafia member asking for something and getting that item but we also empower the town this way. Plus its better than saying what items we have since then a targets painted on your back if you have the "activator" for a mafia members item

• Thank You
Reactions: Timdood3

Timdood3

Mafia Host
Reaction score
In my mind, something doing nothing is a use. That being said, I understand that my wording implies something more. I was trying to pique peoples interests so that they would be more likely to share what items did so that we could have more info on whats happening.
Fair enough. Far too often I've been in the situation of me letting on too much out of eagerness to get things going and ending in hot water because of it. So I understand where you're coming from with that and I'll back off.

sessybessy

aka Jenben101
Creative Staff
Survival Staff
Reaction score
Plus its better than saying what items we have since then a targets painted on your back if you have the "activator" for a mafia members item
I definitely think that this early in the game we shouldn’t be revealing items just in case the mafia can use our items to benefit them.

maybe after a night or so our items could become useful? Like maybe we find a blueprint to make some sort of structure using our items?

erik5456

Reaction score
I definitely think that this early in the game we shouldn’t be revealing items just in case the mafia can use our items to benefit them.
100% agree on not revealing items you have which is what i was trying to get at. But looking for a specific item shouldnt be too harmful. People have to choose to give you the item or not. The only negative i can see is if
1. Mafia members gets the activator they need
2. Mafia members kill and take someones item of which they already have the activator
Both kinda suck but theres also the possibility of multiple townies getting the activators they need which makes up for it

Timdood3

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Point 1 has a lower chance than town members, statistically speaking.
And point 2 is an issue that's already present. My current theory is that only one side of an item pair (or larger set) knows its counterparts, so I don't see people being reverse-targeted by the holder of the item they're seeking being a big threat.

Pairjax

Reaction score
Ah yes, and what you never expect is that I have the most powerful item in the entire game, and with it I can control the universe! Muahahaha!

I'm just worried some people are just keeping a GUN out there.

Oh, one more thing about killing someone today: If we do that, the more we do the more items are dropped, which I don't see as aiding the mafia or the civilians, just a thought