The Red Scare [Game Over]

Iggish

Reaction score
Right, so looking back, inf has not town read TWG but I still think he is somewhat defending him due to a few little mannerisms like quickly asking why foggy voted TWG and stuff like that. Obviously, inf is a lot more experience at mafia and so is less likely to slip up.
All three of them also voted aqua (group co-ordination?)(just a theory though).
Things that can be drawn from the quotes:
Unu and inf totally "town-read" each other.
Unu thinks that weak is not mafia (defending him IMO) because he thinks that his attacker (me) is mafia.

I also think TWG jumping to defend inffy shows that he could be working with him.

All of this is in my opinion, definitely enough for people to consider them working in a mafia triangle.
If I had to rate the three of them in order of most suspicious, I would rate them
Weak > Unu > Inf

I would like to hear other people's opinions on the possibility of a mafia triangle. It isn't just enough to have the three in question disregard it, I need to hear what other people think.

Iggish

Reaction score
Right, so looking back, inf has not town read TWG but I still think he is somewhat defending him due to a few little mannerisms like quickly asking why foggy voted TWG and stuff like that. Obviously, inf is a lot more experience at mafia and so is less likely to slip up.
Things that can be drawn from the quotes:
Unu and inf totally "town-read" each other.
Unu thinks that weak is not mafia (defending him IMO) because he thinks that his attacker (me) is mafia.

I also think TWG jumping to defend inffy shows that he could be working with him.

All of this is in my opinion, definitely enough for people to consider them working in a mafia triangle.
If I had to rate the three of them in order of most suspicious, I would rate them
Weak > Unu > Inf

I would like to hear other people's opinions on the possibility of a mafia triangle. It isn't just enough to have the three in question disregard it, I need to hear what other people think.

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Right, so looking back, inf has not town read TWG but I still think he is somewhat defending him due to a few little mannerisms like quickly asking why foggy voted TWG and stuff like that.
And what are the other "stuff"?
...a mafia member. I mean we could have bussed I guess.

And he's also said he could be mafia and has pointed out scummy things he's done. I mean yeah he's more suspicious of you but I don't see him actually properly defending TWG, I see him pointing out flaws in arguments against him, weighing up the points of both sides, and concluding that you're more suspicious, which naturally makes TWG slightly less suspicious since you've wanted him lynched for a while now.

Or that the points against me were dumb and TWG saw that, just as Notty did (or he's mafia and wanted to look innocent when I died I guess)
Honestly it feels like you're just cherry picking points to make us seem scummy because you're getting heat and you need someone to deflect it onto. And you haven't deflected it to foggy or oak which I find interesting and I think tells us something if you do turn out to be mafia, since they have definitely done, I'd argue, objectively scummy things.

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
And he's also said he could be mafia and has pointed out scummy things he's done. I mean yeah he's more suspicious of you but I don't see him actually properly defending TWG, I see him pointing out flaws in arguments against him, weighing up the points of both sides, and concluding that you're more suspicious, which naturally makes TWG slightly less suspicious since you've wanted him lynched for a while now.
(if you could quote where you think this isn't true that'd be great though please <3)

Iggish

Reaction score
That may be true, but I don't see how I have been more suspicious then TWG (obviously I'm bias but still). So I don't know how unu would coem to that conclusion unless he was teaming with TWG. I mean, inf, you keep pointing out TWG's point where he justifies defending you but how about all the other scummy points that he has made?
He didn't respond to my accusations properly and even then I had to wait 2.5 days.
He seemingly defended you out of the blue.
He proposed lynching me if you were mafia, as you have said yourself, is pretty scummy.
He has been oddly active in some parts and inactive in others. For example, you asked him a series of questions a while back and for each one he responded within the hour, almost as though he knew the questions were coming. This is in comparison to when he didn't respond to me for 2.5 days and even then, ignored the points I'd made about him saying that the thign between him and I was just "unnecessary", obviously trying to dismiss it.
It has to be pointed out that this is TWG's first mafia game and that shows in his responses. Albeit it is his first game, why has he been so suspicious? He has tried to go along with the flow (something he accused me of, notions of hypocracy here, showing he just said that to me to prove a point). This couple with a gut feeling that he is mafia is something that I simply can't ignore. Infact, I don't know why I haven't done this sooner,
Vote TheWeakGuy

Iggish

Reaction score
That may be true, but I don't see how I have been more suspicious then TWG (obviously I'm bias but still). So I don't know how unu would coem to that conclusion unless he was teaming with TWG. I mean, inf, you keep pointing out TWG's point where he justifies defending you but how about all the other scummy points that he has made?
He didn't respond to my accusations properly and even then I had to wait 2.5 days.
He proposed lynching me if you were mafia, as you have said yourself, is pretty scummy.
He has been oddly active in some parts and inactive in others. For example, you asked him a series of questions a while back and for each one he responded within the hour, almost as though he knew the questions were coming. This is in comparison to when he didn't respond to me for 2.5 days and even then, ignored the points I'd made about him saying that the thign between him and I was just "unnecessary", obviously trying to dismiss it.
It has to be pointed out that this is TWG's first mafia game and that shows in his responses. Albeit it is his first game, why has he been so suspicious? He has tried to go along with the flow (something he accused me of, notions of hypocracy here, showing he just said that to me to prove a point). This couple with a gut feeling that he is mafia is something that I simply can't ignore. Infact, I don't know why I haven't done this sooner,
Vote TheWeakGuy

Iggish

Reaction score
Honestly it feels like you're just cherry picking points to make us seem scummy because you're getting heat and you need someone to deflect it onto. And you haven't deflected it to foggy or oak which I find interesting and I think tells us something if you do turn out to be mafia, since they have definitely done, I'd argue, objectively scummy things.
And what will you learn if I flip town if I get lynched, who would you become suspicious of then?

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
That may be true, but I don't see how I have been more suspicious then TWG (obviously I'm bias but still). So I don't know how unu would coem to that conclusion unless he was teaming with TWG.
I mean you have done some pretty suspicious things, as have been pointed out previously, such as your voting on me at day start for a reason that didn't make sense, you trying to open discussion about the vigilante twice (though maybe once), your reactions to being voted.

I mean, inf, you keep pointing out TWG's point where he justifies defending you but how about all the other scummy points that he has made?
I'm aware of the scummy thing TWG has done and have pointed most of them out myself I think.

Well this could just be because of irl stuff but I understand why you might think he was purposefully delaying/trying to get you to forget about it (what were the points you made against him that he didn't respond to btw?).

I disagree with this. What makes you say it was 'out of the blue'? How can a defence be out of the blue anyway? He defended me when I was being voted for bad reasons, right?

Yep, this was the primary reason I said I was down for lynching him yesterday. He's since admitted it was lack of foresight but I'm still skeptical. I mean I guess it was lack of foresight even if he was mafia because he probably didn't think about the fact people would find it supers suspicious.

Again, this could easily just be irl stuff. Like how Ender is currently busy for a few days. I feel like when you use points like this against him you're just trying to make as many points as possible to get him lynched, even if those reasons aren't really that solid. I guess this doesn't necessarily mean you're mafia, but if you're town and just care about your life a lot and are letting your desperarity (I swear this is a word but it's red underlined and no synonyms are suggested but whatever) cloud your judgment then...stop I guess!!

It has to be pointed out that this is TWG's first mafia game and that shows in his responses. Albeit it is his first game, why has he been so suspicious? He has tried to go along with the flow (something he accused me of, notions of hypocracy here, showing he just said that to me to prove a point)
Has he though? He defended me when people were bandwagoning me, so I'd disagree with that.

Ltin

Mafia Host
Reaction score
VOTECOUNT
No postzilla is complete without BOLD TEXT
Foggy [1] - Nottykitten
Iggish [3] - Enderfive, HKCaper, Unusual_Dood
TheWeakGuy48_ [1] - Iggish
With 11 players it takes 6 to lynch and 6 to no lynch.
A deadline has been set for 9PM GMT on Sunday May 21st (is that right?)

Iggish

Reaction score
Can someone not unu, TWG and inf please respond to my comments on the possible mafia triangle. I need other opinions on whether I'm plucking at straws or if I actually have a point.

Iggish

Reaction score
Has he though? He defended me when people were bandwagoning me, so I'd disagree with that.
I guess it could just be a coincidence but before that, he didn't really contribute anything substantial which is why I referred to it as "out of the blue". Before that he seemed happy to let the game go on unhindered but when you started taking heat, he got involved. Whether this is because he felt that you were a towny and that the reasons against you were wrong and so he wanted to stand up for you or because he suddenly got the signal to start defending a mafia buddy when he came under fire, I don't know.
I really need other people's opinions on my accusations against you three though, to see if I have a point or not.

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
I guess it could just be a coincidence but before that, he didn't really contribute anything substantial which is why I referred to it as "out of the blue". Before that he seemed happy to let the game go on unhindered but when you started taking heat, he got involved. Whether this is because he felt that you were a towny and that the reasons against you were wrong and so he wanted to stand up for you or because he suddenly got the signal to start defending a mafia buddy when he came under fire, I don't know.
I mean to be fair he did say this:

Hi guys, just gonna let you know that I have been busy these last days because of a school task. I will post a detailed post about my thougths tomorrow or later today. (btw blame unu for the late reply, he litterary didnt post this when I told him he should)
Whether or not you believe that is your choice though I guess. I mean from my perspective there's the possibility that he did only start posting to defend me so he could look innocent when he's actually a mafia member but that's just a theory

Unusual_Dood

Reaction score
A response to iggish

The voting was just a coincidence.
Yes, it could be. Still making me suspicious.
Well since mulb didn't get lynched, I'll assume that you are talking about the aqua lynch. If anything, your suspicions of ender should've increased after that. After all, despite what he says, it is evident that they were backing each other up. Whether this means that he is mafia or not, it doesn't matter, you shouldn't just overlook it.
I meant the Mulb nightkill, not the Aqua lynch. The Aqua lynch only confirmed my theory about that you, Ender, Foggy and Aqua were mafias, with the exception of Foggy, which I honestly thought was quite weird . However, once Mulbery was killed I understood that my theory was too simple, while I also couldn't understand why Mul was voting for lynching his own mafia member. As I have said before, I believe these two reasons might be why Mul voted for Aqua:

1. Weak also is a mafia, and therefore Mulbery could vote for the person which would make him less suspicious. Either way it would “help” the town, and it would then also make person he did not vote for less suspicious. It could make us want to vote against Ender, Oak, Iggish, HKCaper and Caffe. However, he could as well have done the same to us with lynching Weak, and create suspicions around me, Infected, Notty, Ooglie and Foggy. Honestly, I think that would be a smarter move, since most of the people who voted for Weak seemed to have a very clear opinion.

2. Weak is a non-mafia, and Mulbery believed that it would take too many mafia votes to lynch him. Therefore, they instead could split their votes, and make they look less like a team, even though they had to sacrifise Aqua. If they lynched Weak, they could have thought that the Vigilante could easily track one of them, and that we could see a pattern the next day.
For both reasons, I saw Ender being in a position where he easily could be either lynched or Vigkilled (if we didn't know that Mul was a mafia). Also, when someone then tries to (as what I believe) create suspicions around him, saying he was buddying up with Aqua, I started to look at my points against him which were kinda weak at the time. I kinda started to slightly town-read him. I am not overlooking anyone, and even though it might look so (to you at least), I am always skeptical to what people do, regardless of what role I think they have.

First of all, I thought there were head mafia, there aren't, so me making that point ofcourse makes it weak. In my opinion, weak has been trying to bring attention away from inf but did not succeed, (Remember his blatant defence of inf). Weak has also made "very weak" points.
What I thought was weird, was that weak defended Infected, and that somehow made you think that Infected was a "head mafia". Not thinking about what you thought he was, but how you made that connection.

Also how is it interesting that I'm trying to make him look suspicious?
I find it interesting that you are trying make him more suspicious than he already is by stating he had no good points and just town-read Infected, and asking questions which he just answered in his paragraph.

What have I made up?
Well, since you have come with many theories and statements, which seems to be totally wrong or unlogical (to me at least) without any sort of proofs, I feel like they could be attempts to create suspicions around certain people. I feel like some of your theories could be made up (with your mafia team, if you are one), and it is impossible to either prove or disprove. There have been many questionable statements you have come with as well. I would like to see quotes and prooves for the following, if you can find any:

Unu seems to be defending weak and infected in that post IMO while seeming to be a bit suspicious of everyone else.
Personally, I'd be more inclined to think that unu is mafia provided that TWG is mafia. He has seemed to defend him on quite a few occasions.
(this was early day 2, and Iggish have yet to come with any sort of proofs even though I asked for)

Is this just some bs strategy to take attention away from the fact that you the one buddying up to aqua in day 1?
4. Then when you came under fire (now I was really getting suspicious because he still hadn't responded to my points against him), out of the blue he defended you making no good points except that he town read you.
The voting was just a coincidence. You say that after the mulb lynch, your suspicion of ender died down. Well since mulb didn't get lynched, I'll assume that you are talking about the aqua lynch. If anything, your suspicions of ender should've increased after that. After all, despite what he says, it is evident that they were backing each other up.
Also also, unu saying that I might have been voting at the same time as ender to back him up seems to be something he is doing atm.

Here are two of your theories (+ the one you have on me, weak and Inf), which I also found weak.
This sounds kinda far fetched. Also, another thing you did on day 1 was kill aqua to again bring the suspicion off you that you and aqua were teaming. This could be because you knew that Aqua was mafia (because you yourself may be mafia) and was going to be lynched and so you did not want to associate yourself with Aqua, consequently killing them off

Also with only less then one hour left until the deadline, why would you vote Aqua unless it would benefit you somehow? Makign the day 40 minutes or so shorter us a pretty shitty excuse.

I mean, you'd look scummy by not being able to justify a vote at all. Idk if you just said that to shitpost but please give me your reasons.
"I'm confused - why does the fact that I found hip to be suspicious re-enforce the theory that I'm mafia? I'm the mafia, I know who's evil and who isn't...? I mean you could argue I thought that hip was cultist but as mafia why would I care so much about the cult to waste our N1 kill on them?" -Inf

Well you said that you know when hip is mafia because they act differently. You were suspicious of them and as a result, trying to get other people to lynch hip. My guess is that you wanted hip killed and so did it with your mafioso buddies at night.

(Also, can someone tell me if hip is a good mafia player? If inf (not even him necessarily, anyone) knew that hip was not on their team then they'd try to take out the most influential players even though they might not have had a strong role.)
Also, you can say that I'm shifting suspicion onto you, but I wasn't even suspicious of you until you started defending a person who was acting really scummy.
Well, that is another interesting statement. If you are talking about Weak, I don't recall defending him, not even close to, before you made this post here, where you mention I am one of your 4 mafia players (the post below). This post was posted on page 43, middle. Now please find where I was defending weak before that, because I believe your statement is a completly lie.

Ikr, I thought I had it all thought out. In my head the mafia team was inf, weak, unu, notty and idk for the fifth. I was so sure that they were workign together as a mafia team because of their defence of inffy and some other stuff. If I recall correctly, neither of these 4 were friendly towards Aqua at all (most voted for an aqua lynch) so does that then mean they're town?
And it's not just like they voted aqua to make everyone think they were inno, they could've bandwagoned on TWG to do that. But idk, I'm so confused rn.
Since Aqua was lynched, I guess inf (probably) isn't *cries* a mafia after all. This probably also means that TWG isn't a mafia, although there may still be a motive as to why TWG defended inf for no apprent good reason.
Inf could be a cult leader and has recruited TWG, idk.
Also, are there now 3 people each in the two cults?
Also, I am wondering. You voted for lynching Jivvi - was townie, you town-read Aqua - was mafia, you mafia-read Notty - is cult leader, and still seem to continue with the same plan as in day 1. What makes you now so sure that we are mafias, not making any similar mistakes again (if you are townie)?

Iggish

Reaction score
Also, I am wondering. You voted for lynching Jivvi - was townie, you town-read Aqua - was mafia, you mafia-read Notty - is cult leader, and still seem to continue with the same plan as in day 1. What makes you now so sure that we are mafias, not making any similar mistakes again (if you are townie)?
I don't know, which is why I need the opinion of the other players to give me feedback on whether this idea is just stupid and I'm reading into it too much or if there could actually be something behind it.

Fog

Mafia Host
Reaction score
I really need other people's opinions on my accusations against you three though, to see if I have a point or not.
Because nobody else has responded to your request for a response, I do believe that their could be a 'Mafia Triangle', however, I do not believe that all the Mafia would vote the same way, I think there is often a spread of votes so as not to group all of them together. I mean I don't really know who to be suspicious of ATM, so I'm going to have a closer look at posts and then decide who I'm placing my vote on