The Great Blocktopia Expedition!

Sploorky

Reaction score
Ever wanted to travel across North America, see it's varied deserts, mountains, tundras and forests? Ever wanted to proudly go to a landmark and exclaim "I did it, I was the first to set foot here!"

Well, good luck doing that in real life. But we're letting you do it in minecraft!

If you haven't seen this before, check it out:
http://letslente.weebly.com/the-earth.html

It's an entire map of the world in minecraft. It caught our eye, and we've been looking for a good way to use it. Now, we've found one.

We will be having a race across North America. There will be five beacons set up across the country, and the first person to reach them all wins. Everyone reading this is free to come and join us today at 8 PM GMT(3 PM EST), on smp.blocktopia.net:25555.

But Sploorky, besides the massive amount of fun we will be having, what incites me to join and play? Well, the first person to reach all five points will win the new humble bundle!

Coordinates to reach are as follows:
-8059, -1732
-9846, -3457
-14058, -1715
-12699, -5417
-9982, -6460

Spawn coordinates are: -7327, -2375

You can use this to plot your course: http://overviewer.org/earth

All the points I listed will be on those exact coordinates, and they will all be above ground.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask in this thread! Hope to see everyone there!

Note: If this goes over well, we may try to do this with over parts of the world!

W

Wimali

I've played on this map before, it's amazing. This looks like it's going to be a lot of fun!

_JulZ_

Reaction score
does this mean I can find my home in minecraft where there is an endless paradox where I see me who can see me who can see me, etc etc?

• Haha
Reactions: Notme

Faliara

Reaction score
Please, for once, let the prize be something I can actually USE (I'd give them to my bros and keep Scribblenauts, but how do you expect me to get them? :S)
Steam is completely free and available for everyone? You can download all those games to play on Steam.
I need Papa's password for that, and I believe the other games need payment...

K1ngHoward

SMP Vetop
Donor
Reaction score
Website
myanimelist.net
Will the beacons be labeled as to their general location? (ie One in San Francisco, one in New York)
Will the starting point be on one of the coasts, the middle, or a random location?
Sounds interesting and fun may participate if i find the time :D

Reactions: myusername22

Sploorky

Reaction score
Will the beacons be labeled as to their general location? (ie One in San Francisco, one in New York)
Will the starting point be on one of the coasts, the middle, or a random location?
Sounds interesting and fun may participate if i find the time :D
Nah, it's all terrain, so--just spread across varied bits. I'll post exact coords before the server is released.
Coast probably.