Trap_Wolf

dam u str8 babygurl
Reaction score
Website
www.trapwolf.com
Page 7:
Comments:
A lot to say about this one.

This was one page that kept me from drawing the rest of the comic for awhile. A good five months. .__.
And normally I would just skip that page and go onto the next but I didn't really have any idea what I wanted to display or how to do it. I just new the story and that was it. Drawing literature is so much more difficult. So I went through about three drafts of this and this was the final page. Plus the characters are really wonky. It's pretty evident that I didn't know how to draw this style correctly yet in this beginning panel. Oh well it gets the story across. :I

The zombie: I didn't really want to draw the generic rotting corpse zombie. I sort of wanted it to have an eerie look and imbue the "unknown" factor or "fear of unknown." Which I'll try to make sort of a motif in the plotline.

And we meet the lovely ginbird. Who's name is actually spelled ginbridé in the story. I sort of change up some people's names in the story to give more of a Minecraftian feel. This is an alternate world under the assumption Minecraftia is a real place. :b
Some people already have sort of Minecraftian names and I keep them that way without making any adjustments.

Last thing, the perspective in this panel. It sucks. Just sayin'. I don't know how to fix/make it better. ;A;

Trivia: The comic release date was no fluke. It was planned. My friend released her comic the same day I released my comic. The Art Competition starting was just a nice side note.

Her comic is a Homestuck Fan Comic: http://a-day-like-any-other.tumblr.com/
I just co star in it. C:

Reactions: JKangaroo

Trap_Wolf

dam u str8 babygurl
Reaction score
Website
www.trapwolf.com
WHY I'VE BEEN NEGLECTIVE:
Finals. Exams. Graduation. Job preparation. I'm moving. And basically I was stuck on Page 10. But since I've lost the last two I've decided I'll also update an extra page because I've been such a let down the the last two weeks. C:

Page 9:
Comments: Welp, had to redo this page to fix the a bit of dialogue so it matches with the next page.

Page 10:
Comments: Redrew this many times. I really didn't know how to show it visually and I was getting bored. My style from Page 7 really sucked so I'm trying some new things to make it more interesting at least. Messed up on the Zombie in the background in the bottom panel. Lack of a mouth.
I also wonder if this page is too meta and stretching the humor. Personally I like it.

Page 11:
Comments: Really awkward. What's happening is that Walkre is tackling me down to the ground so Aikio can distract it in the next page. I hope this is what you guys see. e__e
Zombie's mouth looks awkward. Maybe I'll fix that along with Page 10 in the future.
So does my mouth. Still trying to figure those out.
I do like how I hide the eyes and have a large picture of Walkre above Walkre. I asked my friends about that and they said it looked like a cool concept so I kept it. It took up a lot of blank space also.
The format of this page is exactly the same as Page 10. Have to avoid that. o .o

Trap_Wolf

dam u str8 babygurl
Reaction score
Website
www.trapwolf.com
Page 12

Comments: There are none that come to mind except that I wish to release a future character.

Skittz is a teenage girl who currently lives with her grandparents in the outter outskirts of the next major town. Her favorite hobbies are booking reading for either pleasure or knowledge, writing every detail she can remember of her day, and adventuring if she gets the chance to go on on.

I sort of was sketching, randomly decided to draw her, liked what I saw, outlined her on my large sketch paper and decided to share the first concept of her. It may or may not be final but whateves I wanted to save it. I whited out some other sketches surrounding her because I don't want to release it all but I kept the scary face in the corner. I liked it.

Trap_Wolf

dam u str8 babygurl
Reaction score
Website
www.trapwolf.com
Page 14

Comments:
DEFINITELY SEE IMPROVEMENT? More or so I know what I am doing completely now with format and stuff.
Maybe one day I'll go back and redo the old pages.

Not sure about Gin's eyes here. I mean I was trying to express annoyance, eyebrows have just made their first appearance, but I'm not confident with making the eyes that short or top rounded.

Akio_Kaguya

Akio_Kaguya

Reaction score
I gasp at what you've done so far. And if you are wondering about me...don't. I have been taking classes for Computer Programming. And no I don't know how to type in binary.