The Bastard Game: Day 5

Vatumok

Former CA
Reaction score
Can confirm I have gotten a different name too.

That unu just posted a list is pretty curious, perhaps he has some information about the roles. The names on his list could then be the swapped names we were given.

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
They just din't want to confirm/deny that - it may be very important.
You didn't want to confirm/deny it, I'm guessing because you thought it could be important. But Aqua/Oak pretty much said I was lying, which is basically denying it in my eyes. Whether or not they're lying and do actually have a name or not I don't know but it's worth noting.

TheWeakGuy48_

Geezuslike
Donor
Mafia Host
Reaction score
My name is also another player's. I wonder that when we vote on a player, the vote counts on whoever has that player's name as their rolename instead of voting for that player. ex: player 1's rolename is player2, the town lynches player 2 and lynches player 1 instead of player 2.

• Agree
Reactions: Infected_alien8_

Aqua

Does anybody remember laughter?
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Website
tehurn.com
My name is also another player's. I wonder that when we vote on a player, the vote counts on whoever has that player's name as their rolename instead of voting for that player. ex: player 1's rolename is player2, the town lynches player 2 and lynches player 1 instead of player 2.
I really think you're over complicating things. I'm pretty sure we're just all named after ESCR members and our roles/alignment follow suit.

• Optimistic

Unusual_Dood

Reaction score
I feel like Inffy is jumping to very fast conclusions based on thin "evidence". I cannot remember if he has done the same in other games we have played together, but it might be an idea to keep an eye on him.

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
I feel like Inffy is jumping to very fast conclusions based on thin "evidence". I cannot remember if he has done the same in other games we have played together, but it might be an idea to keep an eye on him.
Well I've said myself that I'm jumping to conclusions and have given alternate possibilities, I'm not certain about any of this, I just think it's important to piece together what the game looks like

• Optimistic
Reactions: Notme and Aqua

Danni122112

The Drunk
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
GOOD MORNING YOU SAD FUCKS

So from what I have gathered from this game so far:

Unu made a weird post which for at least my part, is unnaccurate. I would assume his intetion with this post(here assuming htat unu is town sided) is that if he gets any of his random guesses right, the reacontions from the people in red and orange, could be valuable information, if Im right on this unu, good thinking.

Other than that there seems to be a bunch of literally meaningless shit and random votes.

So if im actually going to care about day one, and actually play day one, I would like to keep posts consise and without useless jokes or posts. If you have used less than 5 minuttes on your shit post/meme, dont post it. If you have just written a post, and plan on pressing enter, especially if your name is inffy, read over it again, use the thing between your ears, and actually think if you need to write anything more. I do not want to see 5 posts after each other for no reason. It makes people not want to play the game, because there is a bunch of useless posts and shit to read.

Moving on, so I assume everyone has gotten a name of ANOTHER PERSON CURRENTLY PLAYING THE GAME. If you have not gotten a name of a current person in the game, you are out of luck, because we are now going to Claim every single name for every single player.

The reason we will claim this, is that as far as I can see, the name of the player you have gotten, does not relate to your abilities or role. They may relate to if you are mafia or not, IE whoever is "Aqua" might be useful, but only for town imo. Either way we probably wont gain too much information from the names, but here is the good part of this:

If someone has gotten a name that is not currently in the game, that will probably mean something, if you disagree with this, please do write a post.

So when all of us claim, if we get double names, that means something. If you dont have a name, you will want to claim as late as possible, to not conflict with others. The last claimers will be somewhat supicious.

So here we go, Ill write a list of all names claimed later:

My name is ONE ONE TWO.(good joke ender)

sidenote, there may be some interrection between you and the name you have gotten, we dont know that, but we should concider it later in the game.

TL: DR: READ MY FUCKING POST BEFORE YOU TYPE ANYTHING, OR ILL LITERALLY GO AFK ON DAY ONE AS USUAL

Danni122112

The Drunk
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
Another post, because the discussion here is not related to the first one.

So as far as I can tell, we have quite a capable host, and assuming he did not use a RNG to give people roles, but tried to balance the game, we will see at least one or two capable player as mafia or third part, or with a high influence role. You know who you are, you know who they are.

My one suspicion this game is Infected_alien8_

You will probably agree to this inffy, unless my information is wrong, you have not been mafia in any of the games I have been a part of, and you are one of the most active mafia players. If I was the host, I would give you a high influence role, and most likely not town sided. This of course proves nothing, as you agree with, but it would be about time you got mafia, you would agree? It would also give people the false sense of security that inffy is always the town guy that writes 15 pages, and may or may not fuck town sideways by his essays, but you dont want to lynch him.

• Dislike
Reactions: Jivvi

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
I don't think revealing everyone's name is a good idea, because we don't know exactly what it will do. Revealing one or two people, sure, since we can use that small sample to get information and if it turns out that revealing names is bad, we didn't do much damage. But I don't think a mass claim of names is a good idea right now, until we have more info. If it turns out that our names correspond to who actions get sent to, it might be good if we keep them hidden for now. If Mafia try to kill X because they claim cop or whatever, if mine/TWG's theory is correct, they won't be able to unless they know who has the name of X, and if we massclaim it all right now, they'll have that information.

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Another post, because the discussion here is not related to the first one.

So as far as I can tell, we have quite a capable host, and assuming he did not use a RNG to give people roles, but tried to balance the game, we will see at least one or two capable player as mafia or third part, or with a high influence role. You know who you are, you know who they are.

My one suspicion this game is Infected_alien8_

You will probably agree to this inffy, unless my information is wrong, you have not been mafia in any of the games I have been a part of, and you are one of the most active mafia players. If I was the host, I would give you a high influence role, and most likely not town sided. This of course proves nothing, as you agree with, but it would be about time you got mafia, you would agree? It would also give people the false sense of security that inffy is always the town guy that writes 15 pages, and may or may not fuck town sideways by his essays, but you dont want to lynch him.
It would be very odd for a host to assign roles without RNG but since this is a Bastard game, it's possible I guess.

And actually most of the time I seem to be third party, which is why everyone's always constantly suspicious of me being third party. I also usually get lynched a lot so putting me as a high influence role to make it 'balanced' seems like a bad idea.

• Optimistic
Reactions: Aqua

Ltin

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Other than that there seems to be a bunch of literally meaningless shit and random votes.

So if im actually going to care about day one, and actually play day one, I would like to keep posts consise and without useless jokes or posts. If you have used less than 5 minuttes on your shit post/meme, dont post it. If you have just written a post, and plan on pressing enter, especially if your name is inffy, read over it again, use the thing between your ears, and actually think if you need to write anything more. I do not want to see 5 posts after each other for no reason. It makes people not want to play the game, because there is a bunch of useless posts and shit to read.

(snip)

TL: DR: READ MY FUCKING POST BEFORE YOU TYPE ANYTHING, OR ILL LITERALLY GO AFK ON DAY ONE AS USUAL

What if these names actually reveal something really obvious that lets the maf get us all though?

• Agree

Unusual_Dood

Reaction score
Unu made a weird post which for at least my part, is unnaccurate. I would assume his intetion with this post(here assuming htat unu is town sided) is that if he gets any of his random guesses right, the reacontions from the people in red and orange, could be valuable information, if Im right on this unu, good thinking.
I just said it in no way was related to something I knew.

Danni122112

The Drunk
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
Name Claims so far, will update as often as I can.
It would be very odd for a host to assign roles without RNG but since this is a Bastard game, it's possible I guess.

And actually most of the time I seem to be third party, which is why everyone's always constantly suspicious of me being third party. I also usually get lynched a lot so putting me as a high influence role to make it 'balanced' seems like a bad idea.
Fair enough, my post was not really meant to throw anys upicioun at you, mor as mafia as a whole and who might be them. Also I have been wondering when you might be mafia.

All good!

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Infected_alien8_ reveal your name first. You are ignoring the request for no apparent reason. Continue and I will suggest we lynch you day 0.
I don't think revealing everyone's name is a good idea, because we don't know exactly what it will do. Revealing one or two people, sure, since we can use that small sample to get information and if it turns out that revealing names is bad, we didn't do much damage. But I don't think a mass claim of names is a good idea right now, until we have more info. If it turns out that our names correspond to who actions get sent to, it might be good if we keep them hidden for now. If Mafia try to kill X because they claim cop or whatever, if mine/TWG's theory is correct, they won't be able to unless they know who has the name of X, and if we massclaim it all right now, they'll have that information.
"no apparent reason"

ok aqua

Ltin

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Does anyone know how to set tapatalk to go to the first unread post when opening a thread

It doesn't seem to do that for me any more and is going to be really annoying

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
You were literally pushing for Claire to reveal her name, which at this point could be catastrophic for all we know.

If you want to test if 2 people share eachothers name then reveal yourself
But hk already revealed his role so we may as well test it with 2 people outing rather than 3, by getting claire to confirm whether the pairing thing is correct or not, instead of me and my pairing revealing ourselves???

• Agree
Reactions: Nottykitten

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Does anyone know how to set tapatalk to go to the first unread post when opening a thread

It doesn't seem to do that for me any more and is going to be really annoying
Can't you just Watch the thread and then when someone posts, click on the alert notification and it takes you to the post that sent the alert, meaning the first unread one?