The Bastard Game: Day 5

Danni122112

The Drunk
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score

What if these names actually reveal something really obvious that lets the maf get us all though?
I don think so, and from the information I have, it wont throw the game for us in that large of a scale. There could be one or two abilities related to names, but you arent seriously thinking that if the mafia can get all of us, simply by knowing your names. You are not going to lead me to believe that that is truely your mind.
I don't think revealing everyone's name is a good idea, because we don't know exactly what it will do. Revealing one or two people, sure, since we can use that small sample to get information and if it turns out that revealing names is bad, we didn't do much damage. But I don't think a mass claim of names is a good idea right now, until we have more info. If it turns out that our names correspond to who actions get sent to, it might be good if we keep them hidden for now. If Mafia try to kill X because they claim cop or whatever, if mine/TWG's theory is correct, they won't be able to unless they know who has the name of X, and if we massclaim it all right now, they'll have that information.
I disagree with the first part, I say we reveal no one or everyone. I highly disagree with there being an interraction in the game, that if everyones reveals their names, town will lose. That is too stupid to be a thing. And you are also conviently dodging how this might help town. It would be just as likely that town sided people have the same abilities, leaving us even. And you did not even mention my point about double claims or late claims could be supiscious, please do talk about that!

Aqua

Does anybody remember laughter?
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Website
tehurn.com
But hk already revealed his role so we may as well test it with 2 people outing rather than 3, by getting claire to confirm whether the pairing thing is correct or not, instead of me and my pairing revealing ourselves???
fuck it I'll prove your dumb logic which doesn't really need proving cus it's dumb anyway

I am Danni122112 (hi hun x)

danni is not me so you are wrong kys u cunt

Danni122112

The Drunk
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
You were literally pushing for Claire to reveal her name, which at this point could be catastrophic for all we know.

If you want to test if 2 people share eachothers name then reveal yourself
Infected_alien8_ You said you wanted to reveal a small sample size of names, you pushed for someone else to reveal theirs. You want to reveal a small sample size? Be a bit sportsmanlike and reveal your own.

Mooglie

The Local Cow
Reaction score
tbh i dont see the point in claiming names when (i mean im just speaking about my own here but) name and role has no correlation, or atleast one i cant spot & its essentially confirmed that the names are just shuffled between other people in this game and i doubt there would be enough effort to make individual roles for each players & we dont know if theres any hidden mafia mechanic where they need to claim names

i feel like i spoke too properly for a mafia game there zzzzzz

• Agree
Reactions: Nottykitten

Ltin

Mafia Host
Reaction score
I don think so, and from the information I have, it wont throw the game for us in that large of a scale. There could be one or two abilities related to names, but you arent seriously thinking that if the mafia can get all of us, simply by knowing your names. You are not going to lead me to believe that that is truely your mind.
I mean I was using hyperbole.

You have more information than the rest of us?

• Agree
Reactions: Infected_alien8_

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Infected_alien8_ You said you wanted to reveal a small sample size of names, you pushed for someone else to reveal theirs. You want to reveal a small sample size? Be a bit sportsmanlike and reveal your own.
How is that revealing a smaller sample size?

Hk revealed that he --> claire

If we get claire to reveal and prove she's hk/not hk, this confirms whether we're in pairs or not, with a total of 2 people revealing their name (well, three including you)

If we get me to claim who I am, we then have to get the person I claim to be to claim who they are, to test whether or not we're in pairs, meaning a total of three (four including you) people are revealed.

It's less risky if we reveal less people. Therefore I'm not gonna reveal my role. But Aqua just revealed his so doesn't matter now.

fuck it I'll prove your dumb logic which doesn't really need proving cus it's dumb anyway

I am Danni122112 (hi hun x)

danni is not me so you are wrong kys u cunt
what dumb logic are you proving exactly

Danni122112

The Drunk
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
I mean I was using hyperbole.

You have more information than the rest of us?
No, merely using logic, but if I said yes, you wouldnt believe me anyway, so makes no difference.
tbh i dont see the point in claiming names when (i mean im just speaking about my own here but) name and role has no correlation, or atleast one i cant spot & its essentially confirmed that the names are just shuffled between other people in this game and i doubt there would be enough effort to make individual roles for each players & we dont know if theres any hidden mafia mechanic where they need to claim names

i feel like i spoke too properly for a mafia game there zzzzzz
I just made solid points about why to claim names, and you agreeing that they have no coorelation strengthens my argument, please read my large post if you havent, and make a reply to that.

One one two

Per aspera ad astra
Donor
Reaction score
GOOD MORNING YOU SAD FUCKS

So from what I have gathered from this game so far:

Unu made a weird post which for at least my part, is unnaccurate. I would assume his intetion with this post(here assuming htat unu is town sided) is that if he gets any of his random guesses right, the reacontions from the people in red and orange, could be valuable information, if Im right on this unu, good thinking.

Other than that there seems to be a bunch of literally meaningless shit and random votes.

So if im actually going to care about day one, and actually play day one, I would like to keep posts consise and without useless jokes or posts. If you have used less than 5 minuttes on your shit post/meme, dont post it. If you have just written a post, and plan on pressing enter, especially if your name is inffy, read over it again, use the thing between your ears, and actually think if you need to write anything more. I do not want to see 5 posts after each other for no reason. It makes people not want to play the game, because there is a bunch of useless posts and shit to read.

Moving on, so I assume everyone has gotten a name of ANOTHER PERSON CURRENTLY PLAYING THE GAME. If you have not gotten a name of a current person in the game, you are out of luck, because we are now going to Claim every single name for every single player.

The reason we will claim this, is that as far as I can see, the name of the player you have gotten, does not relate to your abilities or role. They may relate to if you are mafia or not, IE whoever is "Aqua" might be useful, but only for town imo. Either way we probably wont gain too much information from the names, but here is the good part of this:

If someone has gotten a name that is not currently in the game, that will probably mean something, if you disagree with this, please do write a post.

So when all of us claim, if we get double names, that means something. If you dont have a name, you will want to claim as late as possible, to not conflict with others. The last claimers will be somewhat supicious.

So here we go, Ill write a list of all names claimed later:

My name is ONE ONE TWO.(good joke ender)

sidenote, there may be some interrection between you and the name you have gotten, we dont know that, but we should concider it later in the game.

TL: DR: READ MY FUCKING POST BEFORE YOU TYPE ANYTHING, OR ILL LITERALLY GO AFK ON DAY ONE AS USUAL
I've made similar posts to this as scum to start off games before--telling players to write posts of actual content with a focus on solving the game. It's an easy way to appear invested in the village and concerned with how well it plays without actually doing much to help.

Re: claiming: we don't know whether character names have or do not have a real function. We could just be providing wolves with info.

Aqua

Does anybody remember laughter?
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Website
tehurn.com

If we get claire to reveal and prove she's hk/not hk, this confirms whether we're in pairs or not, with a total of 2 people revealing their name (well, three including you)

If we get me to claim who I am, we then have to get the person I claim to be to claim who they are, to test whether or not we're in pairs, meaning a total of three (four including you) people are revealed.

It's less risky if we reveal less people. Therefore I'm not gonna reveal my role. But Aqua just revealed his so doesn't matter now.

the idea that there must be some crazy link between peoples names and the game.

there isn't. Whoever's character is aqua wont die if I'm lynched, we don't have couples.

you are really over thinking things.

Danni122112

The Drunk
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score

This is really stupid. Everyone in the game is not paired up. There might be a couple, and they will have an interraction between each other. Romie and Julet style, night chat, who knows.

Aqua is proving "the dumb logic" that I am one one two, and he is danni, invalidating yoru argument that we are all paired.

• Thank You
Reactions: Jivvi and Aqua

One one two

Per aspera ad astra
Donor
Reaction score
Another post, because the discussion here is not related to the first one.

So as far as I can tell, we have quite a capable host, and assuming he did not use a RNG to give people roles, but tried to balance the game, we will see at least one or two capable player as mafia or third part, or with a high influence role. You know who you are, you know who they are.

My one suspicion this game is Infected_alien8_

You will probably agree to this inffy, unless my information is wrong, you have not been mafia in any of the games I have been a part of, and you are one of the most active mafia players. If I was the host, I would give you a high influence role, and most likely not town sided. This of course proves nothing, as you agree with, but it would be about time you got mafia, you would agree? It would also give people the false sense of security that inffy is always the town guy that writes 15 pages, and may or may not fuck town sideways by his essays, but you dont want to lynch him.
I don't like the suggestion that the host deliberately influenced the factions.

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score

I disagree with the first part, I say we reveal no one or everyone. I highly disagree with there being an interraction in the game, that if everyones reveals their names, town will lose. That is too stupid to be a thing. And you are also conviently dodging how this might help town. It would be just as likely that town sided people have the same abilities, leaving us even. And you did not even mention my point about double claims or late claims could be supiscious, please do talk about that!
Noone's going to double claim though because those who don't have a name (everyone probably does) will wait until last, and then everyone will have a clear name. And then the likely scenario is that everyone genuinely does have a name and therefore we'd have no reason to lynch anyone who claimed late.

And sure, claiming names can help town to target people too but if we have investigatives, they can target people, be unsure about who they actually got results on, then we can claim our names later and then piece together what their results mean.

Danni122112

The Drunk
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
I've made similar posts to this as scum to start off games before--telling players to write posts of actual content with a focus on solving the game. It's an easy way to appear invested in the village and concerned with how well it plays without actually doing much to help.

Re: claiming: we don't know whether character names have or do not have a real function. We could just be providing wolves with info.
But just to check that Aqua aint lying scum, Your name is not Danni, correct?