The Bastard Game: Day 5

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
This is really stupid. Everyone in the game is not paired up. There might be a couple, and they will have an interraction between each other. Romie and Julet style, night chat, who knows.

Aqua is proving "the dumb logic" that I am one one two, and he is danni, invalidating yoru argument that we are all paired.
But I wasn't argueing that we're all paired. I was saying it's a possibility that we can rule out by getting claire to claim. Proving the pairing idea wrong isn't proving any dumb logic wrong at all, and in a Bastard setup it isn't even a dumb idea.

I think it's very likely that names have an effect on the game, especially since Ender wouldn't answer me about it, and in this type of setup I find it bizare that you/aqua think otherwise.

• Agree
Reactions: Nottykitten

Aqua

Does anybody remember laughter?
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Website
tehurn.com
I think it's very likely that names have an effect on the game, especially since Ender wouldn't answer me about it, and in this type of setup I find it bizare that you/aqua think otherwise.
I mean the obscurity of the setup allows people like you to go off on retarded tangents and throw the game with weird ideas as ender sits back and laughs at you :eyes:

Danni122112

The Drunk
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
Alrighty, to throw any supicion of myself, I am a third party role with the name One One Two.
My win condition does not conflict with either mafia nor Town, it does not stop your victories, nor does it reveal or hurt/kill any of you.

I wont reveal my win condition for now, because I want to win, but for all intents and purposes, I will be playing to help Town side, but if discussion gets too stupid, I will just fuck off and wait for the next day, because I do not need you to win, I will try to help you though. If either side wants to kill me, do feel free to do so, It wont help either side, and will be a waste of your time.

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
I disagree with the first part, I say we reveal no one or everyone. I highly disagree with there being an interraction in the game, that if everyones reveals their names, town will lose. That is too stupid to be a thing. And you are also conviently dodging how this might help town. It would be just as likely that town sided people have the same abilities, leaving us even. And you did not even mention my point about double claims or late claims could be supiscious, please do talk about that!
Noone said that if everyone reveals their name the town will suddenly lose. We're saying that it could be harmful for town, indirectly.

Ltin

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Alrighty, to throw any supicion of myself, I am a third party role with the name One One Two.
My win condition does not conflict with either mafia nor Town, it does not stop your victories, nor does it reveal or hurt/kill any of you.

I wont reveal my win condition for now, because I want to win, but for all intents and purposes, I will be playing to help Town side, but if discussion gets too stupid, I will just fuck off and wait for the next day, because I do not need you to win, I will try to help you though. If either side wants to kill me, do feel free to do so, It wont help either side, and will be a waste of your time.
So survivor?
(yes there are other roles that this could be but imma guess survivor)

And uhh.... are you going to be like this the whole game

• Agree
Reactions: HKCaper

Danni122112

The Drunk
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
I will noe be leaving for a couple of hours, I implore you to reveal your names, as I believe it will be a good first step to rid us of any double claims at a later point in the game, and it will also avoid confusion between names.

As stated previously, revealing names will identify double claimers when we get close to the end, and also later claimers will be interesting.

Danni122112

The Drunk
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
dannis win condition is to get everyone to claim names :eyes:
That would be a decent theory, if only at day 4 with 4 people I left I would probably know them and win then anyway, but that is not my win condition, and if it was, it would not have lost the game for others. This game wasnt made by aqua. (remmember pluto notty?)

• Winner
Reactions: Hunter and Mooglie

Aqua

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Website
tehurn.com
So prove how this theory is stupid then.
I mean the obvious answer to that is (although this could be seen as meta play).

Ender pulled this game out of his arse; whilst also naming everyone after players in the game which he only found out a few days before starting it.

If there was some underlying meaning to this it would take way longer to design this game than the few days (and by that probably the 10 minutes) ender put into making it.

One one two

Per aspera ad astra
Donor
Reaction score
Also loving the fact the game has just started and it is already like 1000000000000 Inffy posts 10/10 and TBH if this name thing is a thing then i believe that Ltin is the fake me as he always votes Notty D0/D1 but this time he is voting Inffy, and that is a very me strat if I know myself and I would vote Inffy but is Inffy the real Inffy or is there another Inffy and if so can the Fake Inffy please step forward so that I can lynch them, many thanks <3
I don't like this post. It's a pointless run-on that reads as if it was intended to be cute, as well as an internal dialogue conjecturing on who has what role for bad reasons.

Aqua

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Website
tehurn.com
That would be a decent theory, if only at day 4 with 4 people I left I would probably know them and win then anyway, but that is not my win condition, and if it was, it would not have lost the game for others. This game wasnt made by aqua. (remmember pluto notty?)
Why is that your go to and not ender's clapping role :thinking:

Danni122112

The Drunk
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
imo if names do have a effect on the game then i feel like its better if we keep them hidden because i dont see how these effects could help town
The way it could help town, is that if anyone has a name they wont reveal, or has a name different to the game players, we will see them, and they will b eheavily supicious, mafia might not want to claim their names per se. There will be someoen claiming last, and there will most likely be double claims if names mean anything.

If they dont, we lost nothing, and cleared up some confusion.

Stop being so panicky about knowing names only benefit mafia, there is an equal chance for it to benefit us, and with the way we claim I would say its larger.

Unusual_Dood

Reaction score
I genuinely think that we've been assigned different players this game and that actions towards us will target them instead.
If I have understood your theory right, that if a player A has the name of "player B", player B would be take all actions on player A, I will let you know what would happen.

Let's take an example:

We have 3 players: Player A who is "B", Player B who is "C" and Player C who is "A". If then player A for whatever reason is targetted by lets say a vigilante at night, and player B dies instead, player C will NEVER get any actions towards him.

That's why I think this isn't a thing.