The Amazing Elysium Race [Ended]

GmK

International Man Of Cake
Reaction score
This is it. Your time is now. Your time to shine and be the first ever team to win the first ever version of the Amazing Elysium Race!

What is it?

A race across the map from a starting position A to a finish line B. The first team to cross the finish line wins and earns glory and riches beyond their wildest dreams.

Give me the hard facts!

• Friday, January 18th, directly after the meeting (11:15pm GMT Click here to convert to your timezone)
  • Teams of 2-3 people (max.)
  • Starting position will be named next thursday
  • Goal will be announced at start of race, so that all teams have an equal chance and noone can prepare
  • One aim: Get to the finish line first, you can pick any route you like (*see rules below)
  • Inventories will be cleared at start
  • Glorious prizes

Rules

• No douchebaggery of any kind
  • Any form of transport is allowed (Running, Pig-Riding, Boating, Skiing, Drowning)
  • Except: You may not use the Nether or any portal / command (/buyspawn will be disabled for the duration of the race) to advance ahead in the race.
  • You may not open chests during the race (honesty principle applies). As you inventory is cleared at the start, it is up to you to find food and/or craft tools/weapons.
  • IF parts of the race include the PVP area, you may PVP other teams.
  • Your whole team must cross the finish line in order for you to win. If one of your team members disconnects during the race and does not return within 5 minutes, you team is disqualified.
  • If you or one of your team members die, you are out of the race. Surviving team members may continue to finish the race, they will still receive their participation prize, but they will not be able to win the race.

Prizes
  • 1st Place: Each member of the team will receive 50 emeralds. One, yet to be determined, very special enchanted sword will be handled out (at least lvl V enchantement) and two secondary ones.
  • 2nd Place: Each member of this team will receive 30 emeralds and one diamond armor piece of their choice.
  • 3rd Place: Each member of this team will receive 20 emeralds and a diamond sword.
  • Every participant that crosses the finishing line will receive one complimentary diamond and emerald.

So, you want to sign up? Make sure to have a team ready and go to the following signup page:

Check all signed up teams here, as to avoid confusion of who is already signed up and who isn't
[web=docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0AiKpJSK8dNsidGlPc21vVHVveHpVTzNSeFlOb21XUFE&single=true&gid=0&output=html][/web]

Wink

¡Juego de las Pulgas!
Reaction score
Actually, I'd like a little clarification on one little thing.

GmK Is there anything against outside help, such as that speed pot idea of above, or other forms of outside assistance from other players? I was considering something like that falling under Douchebaggery, but I dont know.

GmK

Reaction score
Question: may people who are not part of the race throw speed pots at you?
Is there anything against outside help, such as that speed pot idea of above, or other forms of outside assistance from other players? I was considering something like that falling under Douchebaggery, but I dont know.
People, please, do you seriously need to ask this? Why would it be ok to get outside help, heck even have people throwing potions at you?

It's not like you would do a bike race and ask a car to tow you for a bit of the way. I am sure they would let that pass, or? ;)

Shinyshark

Professional innuendo creator/finder.
Reaction score
People, please, do you seriously need to ask this? Why would it be ok to get outside help, heck even have people throwing potions at you?

It's not like you would do a bike race and ask a car to tow you for a bit of the way. I am sure they would let that pass, or? ;)
In the tour de france some of the cyclists would have a strong yet transparent cord in between their teeth that was bound to one of the help cars, and the car would pull them along with them \o/

GmK

Reaction score
GmK could there be some sort of way to spectate but not be in survival mode so you don't have to worry about dying if you're just wanting to watch?
No, as the server runs normally during the race, for all those that do not participate and don't give a rats ass about a race being run. So no special mode for spectators, sorrry.

In the tour de france some of the cyclists would have a strong yet transparent cord in between their teeth that was bound to one of the help cars, and the car would pull them along with them \o/
And in the first Tour de France 19-o-something one of the riders actually got into a car and drove to the finish.

That still does not allow such measures :D

• Optimistic
Reactions: Shinyshark