Testing Tekkit Server

DaniNomsYou

Reaction score
No, you need the Multiplayer Technic Pack, Installer is in the OP :)
Ah, ok, thanks! :3

I shall try it later, but right now I want to try indev or infdev c:

Edityness:

While looking about the internet, I stumbled upon this, and thought I'd share incase anyone wasn't sure how to get on.

Reactions: Trapiki

GmK

International Man Of Cake
Reaction score
So, we can keep it running, under three conditions:

a) Keeping a very low playercap
b) Keeping it basic and pure Tekkit, no adding of other fancy plugins, no economy, etc
c) Keep a cooperative mindset. The moment I hear of any more drama, bitching, stealing, idiocy and more on Tekkit, I'll shut it down, no matter who why what.

Things to ponder about: Whitelisting and some form of area protection for players.

EphemeralKap

Superior Sloth
Reaction score
@GmK, Would it be possible to install hawk tool though? We need some sort of anti-grief plugin.
Are you considering lowering the playercap? It's at 10 at the moment.

Edit: I think the playercap is fine, should keep it at 10 unless it's too taxing / a sudden explosion of players who wants to use the server. If we install an area protection + anti-grief plugin, Whitelisting should not be necesarry.

- A form of Area protection would do wonders - It's not intended to be a griefgriefstealkill server anyways, just.. enginering and architecture. I guess we should look into that.

Reactions: Wortho27

GmK

Reaction score
@GmK, Would it be possible to install hawk tool though? We need some sort of anti-grief plugin.
Are you considering lowering the playercap? It's at 10 at the moment.

Edit: I think the playercap is fine, should keep it at 10 unless it's too taxing / a sudden explosion of players who wants to use the server. If we install an area protection + anti-grief plugin, Whitelisting should not be necesarry.

- A form of Area protection would do wonders - It's not intended to be a griefgriefstealkill server anyways, just.. enginering and architecture. I guess we should look into that.
Hawk is too resource consuming, wont happen.

Playercap will remain, it wont be increased is what I wanted to say.

All else - I dont have time to put effort in, so someone will have to give me the plugin they want added for any form of protection, preconfigured and plug&play ready to go.

EphemeralKap

Superior Sloth
Reaction score
Hawk is too resource consuming, wont happen.

Playercap will remain, it wont be increased is what I wanted to say.

All else - I dont have time to put effort in, so someone will have to give me the plugin they want added for any form of protection, preconfigured and plug&play ready to go.
Aw :(

Alright, thanks. I'll throw you some files if/when I get around to it.

• Useful
  • Optimistic
Reactions: Duffie and Wortho27

GmK

Reaction score
Because Kap buggered off to London instead of sending me what he promised, *sigh* it's all up to Le Me again.

You can now protect two chunks for yourself, noone else can build / destroy in them. You can also add co-owners to the chunks to allow them to build.

• /chunk buy - Purchase the current chunk
  • /chunk sell - Sell the current chunk
  • /chunk preview - Preview the current chunk's boundaries
  • /chunk list - List locations of owned Chunks
  • /chunk info - List Owner and CoOwners of current Chunk
  • /chunk clear - Sell all owned Chunks
  • /chunk coowner [Action] [Type] [Name]
    1. Action = 'add' or 'remove'
    2. Type = 'player' or 'group'
    3. Name = The group name or the Player's name

@Wortho27
@Peter24