Testing Tekkit Server

Roobarb Pie

Geezuslike
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
Today, i used coal to make 3 industrial diamonds, wanting to make an MFSU. I needed more coal to make 10 diamonds, so I headed underground to get some more coal.
To my horror, I discovered a seam of 6 diamonds.
Mining around, I found more coal to make my precious industrial diamonds.
I then realised, upon producing the industrial diamonds i was one redstone short of making 10 energy crystals, so I headed down to the depths to find redstone.
In this time it took me to find one block of redstone, I had found 13 diamonds.
In an hour and a half, I found more natural diamonds than I had for the last week I've been on this server.
ಠ_ಠ

UPDATE TIME! Found TWO WHOLE BLOCKS of redstone, took their resources, only to find THREE MORE DIAMOND BLOCKS.

Either the Holy Notch is smiling upon me right now, or he's a malevolant bugger, I'll tell ya what.

Shmid

Reaction score
Today, i used coal to make 3 industrial diamonds, wanting to make an MFSU. I needed more coal to make 10 diamonds, so I headed underground to get some more coal.
To my horror, I discovered a seam of 6 diamonds.
Mining around, I found more coal to make my precious industrial diamonds.
I then realised, upon producing the industrial diamonds i was one redstone short of making 10 energy crystals, so I headed down to the depths to find redstone.
In this time it took me to find one block of redstone, I had found 13 diamonds.
In an hour and a half, I found more natural diamonds than I had for the last week I've been on this server.
ಠ_ಠ

UPDATE TIME! Found TWO WHOLE BLOCKS of redstone, took their resources, only to find THREE MORE DIAMOND BLOCKS.

Either the Holy Notch is smiling upon me right now, or he's a malevolant bugger, I'll tell ya what.
In the overworld?! Check out teh Nether if you want to see some REAL diamondage! ;)
EDIT: nvm. The part of the nether I went to was already mined out of good stuff and when I went back, it took me miles away from home; farther than it should! >:O

Roobarb Pie

Geezuslike
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
An update to my schedule. I was looking on the internet, and something piqued my interest. Seeing as I have no need for lava on the upperworld, I could easily ignore issues between water and lava. I saw a piece of information saying the drill works at the same speed in water as in air. So i've started on something.

This is offshore mining station zeta. It shall be an entirely seperate area to the normal land. When I have the power, I shall isolate it completely from mainland, moving all my operations. It'll be slow, but it may just work out better than the nether plan.

IDEA= COPYRIGHT Will Hangsen Industries 2012

Roobarb Pie

Geezuslike
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
@GmK
@Peter24
@EphemeralKap
@Defiant_Blob
and anyone else.
Don't place quarries in chunks you own. They will not (repeat, WILL NOT) be able to mine in that chunk. Likewise, selling/clearing chunks is also borked, coming up with the message An internal error occured while attempting to perform this command.
Could someone double check this and confirm it for me?

Edit: before i forget, i tried selling the chunks that i owned when i was standing in them. I don't know if it's because one I own is in the nether or not, but there is no physical way for me to remove my ownership.

Edit 2: The quarry's working again, don't know how, disregard that bit.

Roobarb Pie

Geezuslike
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
Update on my work!
Spent saturday night up until 3.30 in the morning trying to get my recycling system working. Blew up 3 transformers and 2 recyclers. Made a large quarry area in the nether. Made several diamond using the mass fabricator , planning to make another quarry station for faster recycling system. Will be starting to make irridium ore soon for quantum armour. Fell into lava and lost all items as well -_-

On the bright side, my nether base is getting on well, managed to terraform it using all the dirt i had and a grass block. Will be moving all my stuff into my nether base. Killed by zombie pigmen 5 times in a row for having to remove intrusive nether coal (in my defense, they had illegally immigrated to my nether base). Killed by ghast, killed by blaze once. Still no sign of magma cubes (thank god). Will be working on a fish farm for quicker recycling too in the nether soon using ice blocks to make water.

I also found Peter's nether base and mine are a 2 minute walk from each other >_>

Will post pictures when i'm home from work of my base so far!

EphemeralKap

Superior Sloth
Reaction score
Psh. Been playing tekkit 2.0 for 3 days now.. So far.. i password protected my door with a computer, awesome! It allows you to code Java inside minecraft, weee.

You should look forward for Tekkit 2.0. weee.

Roobarb Pie

Geezuslike
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
Wow, the new tekkit update is awesome. I got 51 diamond and 5 gold apples from PUNCHING FIREBALLS AT A WEIRD CREATURE.

Edit: turns out that was a sphinx. They're pretty easy, you just have to deflect 10 blows from them back at them. They teleport around their area though, so be careful, also, once they die, lava flows through in the classic style, so you have to escape up and iron block staircase which leads to the surface, which rewards you with a chest with random items in.

I also found several villages with various races, such as indians and normans, as well as a norman ruin. I've also found a pirate cove, with a wrecked ship, as well as a mountain peak X mark for treasure. Loving the update to tekkit, but I realise now how much harder it is with all the new mobs too.

• Informative
  • Winner
Reactions: Shmid and Duffie

EphemeralKap

Superior Sloth
Reaction score
  • Agree
Reactions: Roobarb Pie

DaniNomsYou

Reaction score
I've been using le new Tekkit, and it's really awesome there's a bunch more mods. However, I can't get into cheat mode in my inventory, which I want to test stuff in survival mode. I tried click on "Recipe Mode", which in the previous version of Tekkit switched between Cheat Mode and Recipe mode, but it does nothing. I have Extra Cheats enabled, as well, but I still can't spawn stuff, or do things like heal, change game mode, time of day, etc. :c Help?

• Agree
Reactions: Wortho27 and Shmid