Tag maps PERMANENTLY removed from AoD and all existing maps of tag moved to Infection

Migrate all tag maps to Infection

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

graser10mc

Reaction score
Website
namemc.com
I hate when tag pops up on AoD and when people leave for only the one round and joining again get chat gets spammy. So in the Infection update I suggest all the Tag Maps on AoD get moved to Infection. So people don't wait int the lobby as hunter and refuse to go in the map or kill themself on purpose when a hunter is chasing them or people leaving and joining between rounds that are tag.

RyanDodd

Ex - Army of Darkness Director
Reaction score
Not necessary.

Tag maps are already different enough from Infection to justify their existence. For one, you have to actually hit people in order to kill them. Another difference is that you get to sprint in all of them. As for people leaving and rejoining after tag maps are over and creating a huge fuss in general over tag, the only person I've seen do that is you, so your argument is quite hypocritical. Tag maps serve the purpose of being a nice break from the normal PvP that is on every other AoD map, and there haven't been many complaints with them so far.

I am not against change, but I am against this change since I feel that tag maps serve their purpose very well.

Edit: Since this suggestion mostly regards AoD, I'm going to move it to the AoD suggestions sub-forum.

Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Just this whole thread is so much nope.

To me anyway, moving all these maps from the AoD rotation to Infection's Rotation is a waste of time since their mechanics fits into AoD very well. They were meant for AoD, not Infection. Changing two servers' map rotations just to clear up chat is (in my own opinion) just too much work for something like what it is.

Enough said.

KN_940

Reaction score
Not necessary.

Tag maps are already different enough from Infection to justify their existence. For one, you have to actually hit people in order to kill them. Another difference is that you get to sprint in all of them. As for people leaving and rejoining after tag maps are over and creating a huge fuss in general over tag, the only person I've seen do that is you, so your argument is quite hypocritical. Tag maps serve the purpose of being a nice break from the normal PvP that is on every other AoD map, and there haven't been many complaints with them so far.

I am not against change, but I am against this change since I feel that tag maps serve their purpose very well.

Edit: Since this suggestion mostly regards AoD, I'm going to move it to the AoD suggestions sub-forum.
I agree with some of your points, Ryan, but here are my thoughts on this: I'm not totally against Tag, but I think that it's not really a "break" from pvp. Sure, there's no two-way combat, but it's just constantly running around and spam clicking until your pinky or your index finger hurts. Secondly, I believe that it is more unpopular than most people think. I say we should have a poll of "do you like tag or not" rather than "move tag to infection," as it's a less biased question. I don't hate tag with all my heart and soul, but it could use a few improvements.

Iggish

Reaction score
I just don't like tag and graser isn't the only one who dislikes it. Whenever a tag map comes up in the polls it always loses and when it happens automatically everybody groans.
I know some people like tag and enjoy the "break from PvP" but AoD is a PvP server and I think it should stick to just that...

• Agree
Reactions: chicken23456789
Reaction score
ryandodd said:
Tag maps serve the purpose of being a nice break from the normal PvP that is on every other AoD map, and there haven't been many complaints with them so far.
Why would you want a break from PvP on a PvP server? :unsure:

ShadeSlayer98

Reaction score
I just don't like tag and graser isn't the only one who dislikes it. Whenever a tag map comes up in the polls it always loses and when it happens automatically everybody groans.
I know some people like tag and enjoy the "break from PvP" but AoD is a PvP server and I think it should stick to just that...
It isn't a "break from pvp". Tag is ment to be a fast pace game. I barely see tag out voted and you and graser are part of the very few who groans about it in chat. Which I might add is very poor sportsmanship. Tag is a game where you take it lightly and don't care about winning. Unlike the usually round were everyone is " I have to win this for da family". I understand some tag maps might be to big for the player base sometimes but truly it shouldn't be removed.

Last edited:
Reactions: heartgamingmufin

Danni122112

The Drunk
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
It's not a break from PvP altogether, it's just a break from the usual PvP.
Honestly, I was not going to reply to this, but I see some points that I feel like needs to be adressed regarding this.

Okay, so originally, as far as I can remmember, TAG was added to the server to be an easy-to-create way of having something more like to the classic zombies version, by well originally it was just adding 1 kill hit instead of PvP, and later more aspects was added to it, which all were really just to try to make it closer to the classic version.

Now we got infection, we got a server where TAG is the entire point. Of course you can say there are more aspects to it on AoD, throwing snowballs, tweaking hunger/fall damage, but more aspects for this is in the works for Infection. The shop will be added soontm, with a lot of new possibilities, and then I for once at least think we will sit with, eventually, a worse version.

The way it even works on the server is not perfect. With lagspikes, either on client, but it will be worse if it is server side, the thing starts glitching, as the hit detection is not that great in minecraft. If the server freeze for a few moments, the chaser can catch up, hit, and when it unfreezes, while the player was actually far away, he still dies. Of course this isnt a that common issue, but with what I have seen on Infection, with the way they detect it, its less frequent.

Regarding this beeing a break for PvP, Honestly? You are on a PvP server. Sorry, if this comes out as a bit harsh, but if you dont feel like PvP-ing, or are a bit tired, take a break on one of the other servers we got, I almost find tag even more stressing, as you always have to run. Quick mention of sprint, as it was made a point that you cant sprint on Infection, but this is somewhat irrelevant, as this is one of the things that is being added! The ability to chose sprint on maps is coming.

One last thing, which may not be quite as relevant, and more of a personal opinion, but I'll still mention it.
I feel like TAG doesnt belong in AoD. Sorry, but it is just not the same type of PvP as I expect and want when I play when I go to AoD. You basicly run, and hide, with very little PvP skill involved, straight out fighting, you still need to be good at running and hiding, but still I never quite liked it too much.

To sum this up, I see no real reason for the maps not to be added to Infection, some of the the maps are really good, and will do a great addition to Infection. AoD can, at least in my opinion, have greater additions to the server, which would fit better to its PvP theme, than TAG.

digi

-
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm a horrible PvP'er and in most of the pvp maps I usually hide. With tag maps it gives me the opportunity to rack up as many "kills" as I can. I agree with ShadeSlayer about how large some of the tag maps are, but other than that they're really not that much of a nuisance. They're usually over in less than 2 minutes.

Iggish

Reaction score
We have a server for chasing people around killing them and tag is only a little bit different. The differences in tag are sprinting and spam clicking until your hand falls off. I do like some of the maps like silveredge and eterno but I think they would be better on Infection which was built to be tag (pretty much). AoD was built to be a PvP server and I think it should DEFINATELY stay that way.

Fiestaguy

The man with 8 fingers.
Reaction score
Website
thebes.openshells.net
Tag maps should just stay where they are. Heck it'd even make great advertisement for infection.

Tag isn't a 'break from PvP'. It is PvP. There's enough differences to keep it out of infection.

if you have a problem with tag maps: Vote 'remove' on all of them for the next map rotation. if enough people support: no more AoD TAG. If they don't: there's never been a point in making this thread.

Tamzies

Reaction score
I love tag, it gives diversity to maps on AOD.

I hate Infection and never I will never play it again, so let them stay on AOD.
(Infection is not my cup of tea)

Typing on my mobile is not nice. :eek:

Jivvi

Mafia Host
Reaction score
This was a huge debacle once, how about we don't do it again.

AoD =/= Infection - besides the zombie theme/concept

TAG =/= Infection - the gameplay is wholly and utterly different

It's essentially the AoD equivalent of LS's DeathRun

• Thank You
Reactions: RyanDodd
Y

YouWould

I think having an auto vote whenever there's a tag map would work better

SirComputer

Rainmaker
Donor
Reaction score
When Danni and Terre are complaining about Tag, we have a problem. :p

In all seriousness, Danni does have a point in that Infection is going to be like tag without the punching and the bad hit detection.

I also agree with Terre in saying they used to be good, but now they're getting a bit boring. Perhaps this is due the same maps being played over and over? A new update that was allegedly coming a few days ago (you probably shouldn't of set yourself a 'tomorrow' deadline Nill) should help players who want to build maps on BuildBox build em without having to make a building extravaganza first. Very spoilers, much lost for words.

Status
Not open for further replies.