Humans - 64 steak
Hunters:
Zombies - Diamond sword with sharpness V
Random kits or chosen?: Random
Screenshots:

The spawn

A overview

A cornerview
Notes: This is a redone version of the only map I ever made that was accepted onto zombies, BarZ. Its made to be a tag map and hopefully everyone enjoys it!
Download link: Will get one ASAP.
Input file:

MapName: BarZ
Author: Da_Jinks
BuildTime: 90
GameTime: 600
WorldTime: 0
SpawnProtectTime:
WorldWeather: 0
Team0:
SpawnType: 0
SpawnLocation:
==: Vector
x: -727
y: 67
z: 1263
ChooseKit: False
FallReduction: 1000
OneKitPerRound: True
KitResetTime: 0
BoxChance: 0
Team1:
SpawnType: 0
SpawnLocation:
ChooseKit: False
FallReduction: 1000
Centre:
WorldSize: 63
SkyLimit: 66
ResetInventory: True
CanUseLocate: False
SurvivorRestrictedPlaceAll: False
SurvivorRestrictedBreakAll: False
HunterRestrictedPlaceAll: False
HunterRestrictedBreakAll: False
MysteryBoxChance: 0
SurvivorRestrictedBreak:
SurvivorRestrictedPlace:
HunterRestrictedBreak:
HunterRestrictedPlace:
Kit:
HunterFree:
- DIAMOND_SWORD.SHARPNESS:5
Juggernaught:
Human:
- STEAK|64
HunterLeader:
Zombie:
HunterStart:
Zombie:
SurvivorStart:
Human:
- STEAK|64
Effects:
Hunter:
Starting:
- INCREASE_DAMAGE|1000|20
Survivor:
Starting:
- SPEED|1000|1

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Looks okay from the images, I will take a closer look when you get a download link. Also, if it's TAG, hunters don't really need a weapon, they can just punch and still do as much damage ;)
Thanks for submitting a map, O for now!

Baker93

Alkaqube
Reaction score
In the original map it was 100% bedrock :p I may be open to editing in some other block but I do plan on keeping a majority of the map adminium.

EDIT: Also, made it so that humans are a bit faster then zombies in effects.
Aesthetics are are key component in AoD map making. Whilst the map may give classic zombie regulars a sense of nostalgia, to everyone else it just looks ugly. As it stands there is no way I will accept this map into rotation due to this reason.

Guinessis

Reaction score
Quick comments on the aesthetics/transition to AOD.

AoD aesthetics tend to be held to a higher standard - we're trying to avoid adminium maps during this transition period.

A simple fix would be //replacenear 200 adminium 80%stonebrick:0,10%stonebrick:1,10%stonebrick:2 in SPC, then adding in the chiseled stonebricks at appropriate points, as well as providing some sort of backdrop or surrounding environment.

Second, the obsidian blocks. Were these meant to be destroyed in Classic to create the jump courses with the adminium? Players in premium will have a hell of a time breaking these, even if they are given diamond pickaxes.

O crap, just noticed you are on BB. Don't use //replacenear. It may cause bad things to happen.

• Agree
Reactions: Baker93

Marlem

Your local hall haunter
Reaction score
Maybe the gameplay would be okaybut I don't like large amounts of bedrock.
In the original map it was 100% bedrock :p I may be open to editing in some other block but I do plan on keeping a majority of the map adminium.

EDIT: Also, made it so that humans are a bit faster then zombies in effects.
Instead of making it all bedrock, you could be able to change it to stone, stonebricks and such. It could improve the overall appeal. In fact, you can change it all to stone and stonebrick and you can make it so that nobody has permission to break them.

• Agree
Reactions: Baker93

Da Jinks

Political Nerd
Reaction score
Alright, I'll have it edited by the end of the day, new screenys and edited input file.

And Guinessis the original map had zero obsidian, I just found it looked nice and if someone wanted to take the how many minutes to break it, power to them!

Guinessis

Reaction score
Alright, I'll have it edited by the end of the day, new screenys and edited input file.

And Guinessis the original map had zero obsidian, I just found it looked nice and if someone wanted to take the how many minutes to break it, power to them!
Ah sounds good, just making sure since I never saw the original. I don't think you'll have to worry about anyone breaking obsidian fortunately :).

Da Jinks

Political Nerd
Reaction score

Ah sounds good, just making sure since I never saw the original. I don't think you'll have to worry about anyone breaking obsidian fortunately :).
Yeah, plus I figured: Even if someone breaks one block, no one can make it anything more then a slight bit harder no?

Jivvi

Mafia Host
Reaction score
I reckon it might look better with bedrock, obsidian and coal everywhere, although it would be abit of a wait for the coal block, and you'd need a few more blocks to undraben it a bit more

Looks fun though!
:laugh:

Da Jinks

Political Nerd
Reaction score
I reckon it might look better with bedrock, obsidian and coal everywhere, although it would be abit of a wait for the coal block, and you'd need a few more blocks to undraben it a bit more

Looks fun though!
:laugh:
I'm currently going with stonebrick, emerald and oak log, though if that doesn't turn out right I rather like this idea :D (coal ore would replace block)

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Okay, I like the new theme (visited it on buildbox to see how you were getting on) but in my opinion there should be a few more paths for the survivors to run on. I feel that a lot of the map is just space, and I think that rounds will be very quick.
By the way guys, to get to the map on buildbox do /warp BarZ
Good luck :)
Still 0 from me, but if you add more paths I will happily give this map a +1 :)

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
I plan on adding more paths and updating the input file at some point, busy with a few different builds at once.
Okay, thanks. When you do add it, could you please kindly do this:
Once you have your input file (you can check if it's ready through http://yaml-online-parser.appspot.com/ just paste it in and if it comes up with a copy of your input file but with maybe a few spaces then it should be fine), could you insert the file into the Code button please? Oh, and make sure to do the input file on notepad. Thanks!
EDIT: Oh, and if you don't know where the code button is:
http://imgur.com/AaOtrEE
Thanks!

Da Jinks

Political Nerd
Reaction score
I plan on adding more paths and updating the input file at some point, busy with a few different builds at once.
Once you have your input file (you can check if it's ready through http://yaml-online-parser.appspot.com/ just paste it in and if it comes up with a copy of your input file but with maybe a few spaces then it should be fine), could you insert the file into the Code button please? Oh, and make sure to do the input file on notepad. Thanks!
Thanks!
So make a file with boat the maps download and the input file? Or just add a schematic/update the input file in code when done?

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Thanks!
So make a file with boat the maps download and the input file? Or just add a schematic/update the input file in code when done?
Just the input file. Just add an updated version of your input file into the code button. It just makes it a lot easier to upload it ;)
Thanks!

Da Jinks

Political Nerd
Reaction score
Sorry, right now I have the build on the back of the mind as I work on other things. Will probably add some new paths quick the next time BB's up and then update the file later.

EDIT: Busy with lots of stuff and doubt I'll finish anytime soon.

Da Jinks

Political Nerd
Reaction score
Okay, Da Jinks, how is the map getting on? It seems this has been abandoned. D:
I just want to know how long you think it will take, and how long to expect to wait.

I've been busy with many things, currently tests/exams/essays and generally just haven't gotten around to finishing it. I do plan on finishing it, I figure I'll kick myself and add the stuff next week ;p

Sorry about the wait and such.

• Thank You
Reactions: Infected_alien8_
Status
Not open for further replies.