[Suggestion] - Small change to the end of round points.

Sploorky

Reaction score
Name of your suggestion/idea: A change to the end of round points to the winning team, allowing people who didn't get a kill to get the points, on one condition.
What is the purpose of your suggestion/idea: Coming from my own personal experience from tnt and video games in general, I like playing the objective of the server. The idea of restricting people from earning the extra points from being on a winning team is a fantastic idea, but in the gameplay mindset of myself, and I'm sure many others, it is flawed in one aspect. Take CTF. If I am playing CTF, I will not waste time trying to score kills, but instead race to their base, take their flag, and return it to our base. I feel this is a greater asset to the team than farming kills, but if I do not get a kill during this time, I will not get the end of round points if my team wins, even if I captured every flag! My suggestion is simple, capturing the flag and returning it to base(something harder than killing someone!) will make you eligible for the end of round points, if your team wins. I suppose other objective based rounds could be changed to give you points, but I do not have a good idea on how to fairly award points for playing the objective for those gamemodes.
Why should it be implemented into the server: I think it'd be a little more fair for varying play styles, leading to a more fun experience, and less frustration of having to adapt to getting at least one kill, when all you wish to do is help your team win through other methods!

Sephhh

Supermegauber Foxy Fox!
Reaction score
Website
blocktopia.net
I know what you mean and I partly agree with you. I've seen several people who've capped the flags, but didn't get any kills, and won't get points upon round end. But the flags itself give you points, which gives you some reward from doing it, (5 points when taken, and 15 points when captures), in total, 20 upon capture. I guess it doesn't hurt getting a kill, and at the same time you could capture flags, which gives you more points. A round's length in CTF is 10 minutes, and I guess if you capped all the flags, which can maybe get you about 5, you'd get 100, and it's not hard to get a kill. Just probably drop a mine or two, hide it well and you're bound to get a kill. :). I'm not completely denying this idea though, there might be other ways to solve this too, but I can't think of something yet.

Oak Milk

Kill Hungry Thirsty Dead
Mafia Host
Reaction score
I know what you mean and I partly agree with you. I've seen several people who've capped the flags, but didn't get any kills, and won't get points upon round end. But the flags itself give you points, which gives you some reward from doing it, (5 points when taken, and 15 points when captures), in total, 20 upon capture. I guess it doesn't hurt getting a kill, and at the same time you could capture flags, which gives you more points. A round's length in CTF is 10 minutes, and I guess if you capped all the flags, which can maybe get you about 5, you'd get 100, and it's not hard to get a kill. Just probably drop a mine or two, hide it well and you're bound to get a kill. :). I'm not completely denying this idea though, there might be other ways to solve this too, but I can't think of something yet.
Why not make it if you recieve points during the round you get end of round points? If thats possible of course.

• Thank You
Reactions: balloon98

myusername22

A username.
Donor
Reaction score
Website
escaperestart.com
I get this problem constantly and suggested the same thing to destroyer in game
I'd Also like to see payload let you get points if you push the cart a certain distance or percentage of the way to the finish.(not sure if this is possible but I think it could work balanced since the requirement could be adjusted.

• Thank You

Marnixxie

Hippo
Reaction score
You forget that without flagcarriers those kill farmers wouldn't get 120 points at the end of the round. Except from making unintentionally a clear path for the carrier, no contribution to win the game. People that purely want to cap a flag and don't make kills, shouldn't be forced to get a kill to get the points they already deserved. 20 points for a flag is sweet in total, but comparing it to someone that is farming kills at the same moment could have gotten a killing spree already by the the you have brought the flag to your base. People that contributed to the team by killing in a team deathmatch only get points at the end, why not only people that have captured flags in CTF should get the points for a game-win?

• Thank You

Sephhh

Supermegauber Foxy Fox!
Reaction score
Website
blocktopia.net
You forget that without flagcarriers those kill farmers wouldn't get 120 points at the end of the round. Except from making unintentionally a clear path for the carrier, no contribution to win the game. People that purely want to cap a flag and don't make kills, shouldn't be forced to get a kill to get the points they already deserved. 20 points for a flag is sweet in total, but comparing it to someone that is farming kills at the same moment could have gotten a killing spree already by the the you have brought the flag to your base. People that contributed to the team by killing in a team deathmatch only get points at the end, why not only people that have captured flags in CTF should get the points for a game-win?
And that's why I partly agreed with the idea. Sometimes, there are people who'd rather defend their flag, or prevent the enemy flag-carrier from capturing their flag as well, which contribute a lot of help for the team. In the game of CTF, the people who kill are also important. Without them, the game would be purely on racing, without threats of any kind. These killers add competition, so that they would be able to prevent the enemy team from capturing their flag, or even defending their team's flag-carrier. Based on my experience, the team members do their job well in defending bases, as well as attacking them. Either you are a flag capper, a defender, or a offender, you are contributing a lot to your team. I guess that maybe we could propose that flag cappers without kills get 50, and flag cappers with kills get 100, provided you are in the team that won.

• Agree
Reactions: chris360kss

Nottykitten

Nomnomnom kitteh!
Reaction score
Either you are a flag capper, a defender, or a offender, you are contributing a lot to your team. I guess that maybe we could propose that flag cappers without kills get 50, and flag cappers with kills get 100, provided you are in the team that won.
If they are all contributing they should get the same amount of points as everybody else.
Personally I prefer to both capture and kill but someone who just captures or just kills should get the same amount of points. So I agree with sploor that flagcapturers should get points too.

• Agree
Reactions: chris360kss

balloon98

The balloon that never pops
Reaction score
I feel this should try to be worked out with other modes too if possible like payload or KOTH by contesting the point or by pushing the cart. Not sure if it can be as easily identified in payload though so maybe it might just stick to CTF and KOTH if this will go through.