[Suggestion] Removal of Player-made towers/staircases

Mastersten

In Omnia Paratus
Reaction score
Well tbh i make like on almost every map towers (now stairs) so i give This a down cause when they remove the towers and stairs much People Will get angry about It (im not the only One, almost every round on snochille or coloseum there are Atleast 2 People asking/begging for a tower). I would say: adjust the maps to towers, guinessis said lately that he Will make all Wood on his maps unbreakable, thats a good idea and a other idea is to remove no falldamage of survivors on Coloseum cause every Time i make a stairs i can jump down, punch a Hunter off the edge and easy get much kills. My final judgement: You cant adjust the wind, You can only adjust Your sails (=Down)

edit: soz for bad grammar i typed This on My mobile

Love

Princess ♥
Donor
Reaction score
Now, you already know what this post is going to be about. Some people tend to create massive staircases/towers at almost every possible map, and it just ruins the fun for most hunters. AoD is meant to be fun for both hunters and survivors, but unfair advantages like these are what ruins the fun, and sometimes even leads to raging/cussing at others. So that's why I suggest we REMOVE ALL PLAYER-MADE TOWERS/STAIRCASES AND USE THE ONES IN ./SHOP. I've already said most of what needs to be said, so if the high staff/developers could take this into consideration and try to make a way to remove things like these, I and many others would be highly grateful.

-Natsu
Natsu, there are the ups and downs with this.

While I agree that player made towers (Especially on a certain plane map by LISTINGS09 :p) can be pretty annoying as a Hunter to deal with, and have made me pull a few strands of hair our everytime I see one, they do give both the survivors and hunters challenge, survivors for making the huge towers (which means that they're actually driven to make them, and that's good to always explore new boundaries. :D) and hunters have challenge because of the after results, of course, they also have the height limit to take into consideration (if there is one), and top that off with having to spend at least a whopping five hundred brains everytime they use it, it's just easier to gather resources and build their own.

HOWEVER!

I have something that might fix this problem immensely. Instead of just getting rid of player made towers how about this: you have to make at least 1 side guard for each tower you build, kind of like the shop ones, but at least three blocks high. You must do this for every 5 blocks you rise up. This would eliminate the "too much challenge" fiasco with the towers and just end this abruptly.

-Snapster :cool:

(Colour of font changed and bolded to improve emphasis)
(Also was in the process of making a post, but my Multimedia class ended too soon for me to post ;c)

I Feel that if this becomes some sort of rule, that there will possibly be more complaints about how this drains the resources from the player(s) constantly building them, or from those who rely on these towers essentially to survive, due to not being that well at PvP.

I want to state that, while the stairs are really annoying as hunters (and don't get me wrong, the survivors get annoyed at these towers too! I've seen and heard of many cases in which Humans will be made unreachable by other Humans, some not being on the server long enough to know that what they are doing is illegal, and/or those who are looking for an unfair advantage/think the Hunters won't catch on.) I do not think that they should be entirely banned. Maybe some modifications are needed. But a complete ban is not necessary in my view.

I will also add, that this may, to some, contradict my view on the Spiral Staircases topic.

No.

In my opinion, there are a lot of different similarities and differences between the two. One is easier to get up (normal staircases) and one was nearly impossible (for people like me who would constantly get shot off one war or another, and those also like me who cannot jump well for the literal life of them. (Hue, puns.)) I felt that spiral staircases needed to go fast. (Sonic, anyone?) But I am a bit more lenient towards the normal staircases (after all, Baker did add in basically just that in /shop. To a much easier extent, yes, but these are still a variation that seem to work (while having, still, a lot of issues.))

I'm basically just rambling more and more at this point, so I'll wrap it up. (All this typed in my Freshman Seminar class, by the way.)

• Informative
Reactions: Lupus_Stevens

Chocfudgemud

Reaction score
Yeah I agree with the 747 part where snowballs (best knock back tool ever)
Can be found in the plane... They are deadly once at 747 I was chosen as hunter and I knocked 3 survivors off in 10 seconds

Haysagar

AoD Con
Reaction score
Now, you already know what this post is going to be about. Some people tend to create massive staircases/towers at almost every possible map, and it just ruins the fun for most hunters. AoD is meant to be fun for both hunters and survivors, but unfair advantages like these are what ruins the fun, and sometimes even leads to raging/cussing at others. So that's why I suggest we REMOVE ALL PLAYER-MADE TOWERS/STAIRCASES AND USE THE ONES IN ./SHOP. I've already said most of what needs to be said, so if the high staff/developers could take this into consideration and try to make a way to remove things like these, I and many others would be highly grateful.

-Natsu
I already told you on ts what I've started to do. But I am still against the full removal of all hand made staircases and towers. I will be making some changes to map's that should restrict giant tower's from being made. Hopefully this will bring some more balance between the hunter's and survivor's when they make tower's.

Natsu

The Flaming Dragon Op
Reaction score

-Natsu
I already told you on ts what I've started to do. But I am still against the full removal of all hand made staircases and towers. I will be making some changes to map's that should restrict giant tower's from being made. Hopefully this will bring some more balance between the hunter's and survivor's when they make tower's.
Thanks, jammy. :D

Mastersten

In Omnia Paratus
Reaction score
well jammy is right, if you guys will remove towers survivors will find another way to hide from hunters with unfair advantages (not that towers are unfair). What they SHOULD do is adjust the maps (like snochille which doesnt has a heightlimit (regular minecraft max height 260 ftw)) and I know some guys think "WTH demonic you always make towers" yes its true but sometimes you need to decrease small things to increase the fun things!
my suggestion: keep the towers/stairs and edit the maps
soz I forget to add this in my previous reply

Reaction score
If we were to get rid of the staircase towers (even I have a problem with) or make the height limit lower, would the survivors think of another way to make a place that they can defend themselves with something that can hit someone from a distance then I think they would start making bridges. Also I have never seen a hunter try to get up to a staircase tower by using the shop, it provides a pillar that costs 250 brains so we could change the prices for the survivors like increasing each tower price by 500 brains and decreasing the prices for the pillar (we shouldn't decrease the tower prices for hunters because what if the survivors kill them before they place the tower).

• Agree
Reactions: Love