[Suggestion] Removal of Player-made towers/staircases

Natsu

The Flaming Dragon Op
Reaction score
Now, you already know what this post is going to be about. Some people tend to create massive staircases/towers at almost every possible map, and it just ruins the fun for most hunters. AoD is meant to be fun for both hunters and survivors, but unfair advantages like these are what ruins the fun, and sometimes even leads to raging/cussing at others. So that's why I suggest we REMOVE ALL PLAYER-MADE TOWERS/STAIRCASES AND USE THE ONES IN ./SHOP. I've already said most of what needs to be said, so if the high staff/developers could take this into consideration and try to make a way to remove things like these, I and many others would be highly grateful.

-Natsu

W

Wimali

arent player-made towers/staircases illegal anyway??????????

edit: airkid answered my question yay so yeah good idea bro +1

Airkid

Reaction score
Some people tend to create massive staircases/towers at almost every possible map
There's only 4 maps that I can currently think of that people build towers on (747, Snochville, Fetenia Bay and very rarely on Colosseum)

AoD is meant to be fun for both hunters and survivors, but unfair advantages like these are what ruins the fun, and sometimes even
It's hard for both hunters and survivors to be able to have fun at the same time. There are many other different strategies that the survivors have which makes hunters mad, towers are just the main one.

leads to raging/cussing at others.
The people that cuss at eachother are usually the people that are new to the server or they just don't know how to control their anger. (funnily enough, I've never seen someone cuss at somebody else when it comes to towers)
When it comes to raging, I do see people rage from time to time but the amount of things that lead to rage on AoD are a lot (getting killed multiple times, survivors being op, or even the most simpilest of things such as dieing in the void)

A few people actually like trying to get to the top of a tower, they enjoy challenges and in many cases they do succeed in killing the survivors on a tower. One of the people that does this frequently is samlen and he's killed me in countless occasions times along with other people on my towers. You just gotta think smarter, not harder when trying to get to survivors.

Summarising it all up, the survivors have different strategies to survive which some people might not like, but that's just the way AoD is.

Mooglie

The Local Cow
Reaction score
Summarising it all up, the survivors have different strategies to survive which some people might not like, but that's just the way AoD is.
Hmm, I recall seeing a certain Rule 10 at http://blocktopia.net/wiki/AoD_Rules saying to Always have Fun. Yep, I found a way to 'fight back' at the commonly used excuse for player made stairs. Several people as Nat has already stated find it unfair, not fun and not a good experience as a hunter to be going up the staircase, especially on some maps where the Hunter might not get a bow. Another problem with staircases is that sometimes when you shoot an arrow, it will go up but cannot reach the top platform, making it go down whereas the Survivors can easily shoot arrows down without it missing because it can ONLY go down and in one direction. I'm pretty sure this is why shop stairs/towers were introduced, because they actually have walls on the side, so you won't get knocked down after 1 or 2 arrows. Also, on the topic of shooting off, most of the time Survivors are only using staircases as a sort of 'brain farm' as it is extremely easy to kill the Hunters. Unfortunately I can admit I used to use towers (only twice or thrice) until I realised how much of a waste of time it is for the Hunters who are just stuck trying to come up.

I hope Rule 10 can counter this annoying 'way of surviving'.

Airkid

Reaction score
Hmm, I recall seeing a certain Rule 10 at http://blocktopia.net/wiki/AoD_Rules saying to Always have Fun. Yep, I found a way to 'fight back' at the commonly used excuse for player made stairs.

You do realise that it's almost, if not imposible to have fun each single second that you're on the server, right? People get get mad over anything: falling into the void, getting accidently hit with a poison pot from your own team mate etc. If that rule really is official, then it gets broken countless of times on the server daily, so that rule can be used to fight back to anything that pisses someone off.

• Agree
Reactions: std1997

Zeus42000

Reaction score
Hmm, I recall seeing a certain Rule 10 at http://blocktopia.net/wiki/AoD_Rules saying to Always have Fun. Yep, I found a way to 'fight back' at the commonly used excuse for player made stairs. Several people as Nat has already stated find it unfair, not fun and not a good experience as a hunter to be going up the staircase, especially on some maps where the Hunter might not get a bow. Another problem with staircases is that sometimes when you shoot an arrow, it will go up but cannot reach the top platform, making it go down whereas the Survivors can easily shoot arrows down without it missing because it can ONLY go down and in one direction. I'm pretty sure this is why shop stairs/towers were introduced, because they actually have walls on the side, so you won't get knocked down after 1 or 2 arrows. Also, on the topic of shooting off, most of the time Survivors are only using staircases as a sort of 'brain farm' as it is extremely easy to kill the Hunters. Unfortunately I can admit I used to use towers (only twice or thrice) until I realised how much of a waste of time it is for the Hunters who are just stuck trying to come up.

I hope Rule 10 can counter this annoying 'way of surviving'.
I agree with this. The map that towers can be made off should also be no place/no break to further prevent this.

• Dislike

Chocfudgemud

Reaction score
I think avenguard keep is fine and you need to break blocks to get to half of the places there

I think it's bad at floating castle or whatever its called...
People can get and endless amount of material from shearing trees to get leaves
And you can also make downwards staircases to under the island and bow kits are common to defend your tower

NOTE: I believe that some towers aren OK but OMG spiral towers need to be stopped because many of us are parkour pros but its unfair for people like me who isn't good at that parkour also there too big and it can take 4 minutes to climb up one just to get knocked off

Reaction score
I agree that the towers should be changed to only shop towers (or maybe allow tower designs similar to/same as shop towers). In almost all cases for people, climbing a tower isn't fun. If a survivor gets 50-60 blocks up, most(if not all) arrows will not hit them, while the survivor can easily shoot off any hunter. This is extremely annoying as a hunter, since survivors can effortlessly hold you off for the entire round while getting large amounts of brains.

std1997

Stitch
Donor
Reaction score
Towers/staircases are another way to survive for Survivors and also having all the free materials lying around is just like "What else am i going to do with it?".... so I don't have a problem with towers/staircases and when you do build the "massive" staircases/towers that you seem to dislike so very much, it should be a big flashing neon sign to every hunter on the map saying "Survivor up here! come and get me!!!!" so just don't see how this is such a problem if all the hunters go after him and as Airkid said people who play AoD daily almost always rage about one thing or another.

• Disagree
Reactions: Zeus42000
Reaction score
Towers/staircases are another way to survive for Survivors and also having all the free materials lying around is just like "What else am i going to do with it?".... so I don't have a problem with towers/staircases and when you do build the "massive" staircases/towers that you seem to dislike so very much, it should be a big flashing neon sign to every hunter on the map saying "Survivor up here! come and get me!!!!" so just don't see how this is such a problem if all the hunters go after him and as Airkid said people who play AoD daily almost always rage about one thing or another.
The problem is that most hunters will try and go up the tower, but if it has 2 survivors with bows + arrows they can hold out for usually the entire round anyway. This isn't fun for most hunters (I'm certain the survivors enjoy the free easy kills), since most hunter kits are based on hunting survivors, not climbing a giant tower with people shooting you.

TheWeakGuy48_

Geezuslike
Donor
Mafia Host
Reaction score
I think that the best thing to do this is to make a small limit, like on Cobweb. On Cobweb you cant get high at all, and that should be done in the other maps also.

But if the survivors make a tower and you wanna get up, you should use a strategi to get up. Like if you gets blocks you can build under the base.

You do realise that it's almost, if not imposible to have fun each single second that you're on the server, right? People get get mad over anything: falling into the void, getting accidently hit with a poison pot from your own team mate etc. If that rule really is official, then it gets broken countless of times on the server daily, so that rule can be used to fight back to anything that pisses someone off.
^

• Agree

Natsu

The Flaming Dragon Op
Reaction score
There's a difference between each level of rage. Simple rage about poor maps, major rage about huge-arse towers which have tons of survivors farming brains unfairly. Once again, going to use this as an offense, Baker made buy-able buildings, MADE A WHOLE NEW PLUGIN, just for the stopping those spiral stairs, and then some people decided to loophole it by making stairs.

Reaction score
I think that the best thing to do this is to make a small limit, like on Cobweb. On Cobweb you cant get high at all, and that should be done in the other maps also.

But if the survivors make a tower and you wanna get up, you should use a strategi to get up. Like if you gets blocks you can build under the base.

^
The problem is most survivor towers have several branching paths where the survivors can see anyone below them, whether under a main platform or not. Another problem is most maps either don't have a height limit for building, or have it ridiculously high up, making it useless.

Jivvi

Mafia Host
Reaction score
  • Agree
Reactions: cooliorules

Danni122112

The Drunk
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
There's a difference between each level of rage. Simple rage about poor maps, major rage about huge-arse towers which have tons of survivors farming brains unfairly. Once again, going to use this as an offense, Baker made buy-able buildings, MADE A WHOLE NEW PLUGIN, just for the stopping those spiral stairs, and then some people decided to loophole it by making stairs.
Its not a loophole, the reason he made the rule was to make it to be no parkour, on the way up the tower. I asked him the day the rule came, and he said: "Stairs are fine, towers are not."

Arachadonic

Reaction score
Website
www.watchingyou.com
Here's a suggestion why doesn't the director of the server or an admin make an official poll on whether or not man made stairs/towers should be banned and then either base the decision of that or ignore it. Regardless it should provide a definite insight into what the community majority feels.

Diplomacy FTW \o/

Thymos

Thy Friendly Moose
Reaction score
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Now, you already know what this post is going to be about. Some people tend to create massive staircases/towers at almost every possible map, and it just ruins the fun for most hunters. AoD is meant to be fun for both hunters and survivors, but unfair advantages like these are what ruins the fun, and sometimes even leads to raging/cussing at others. So that's why I suggest we REMOVE ALL PLAYER-MADE TOWERS/STAIRCASES AND USE THE ONES IN ./SHOP. I've already said most of what needs to be said, so if the high staff/developers could take this into consideration and try to make a way to remove things like these, I and many others would be highly grateful.

-Natsu
Natsu, there are the ups and downs with this.

While I agree that player made towers (Especially on a certain plane map by LISTINGS09 :p) can be pretty annoying as a Hunter to deal with, and have made me pull a few strands of hair our everytime I see one, they do give both the survivors and hunters challenge, survivors for making the huge towers (which means that they're actually driven to make them, and that's good to always explore new boundaries. :D) and hunters have challenge because of the after results, of course, they also have the height limit to take into consideration (if there is one), and top that off with having to spend at least a whopping five hundred brains everytime they use it, it's just easier to gather resources and build their own.

HOWEVER!

I have something that might fix this problem immensely. Instead of just getting rid of player made towers how about this: you have to make at least 1 side guard for each tower you build, kind of like the shop ones, but at least three blocks high. You must do this for every 5 blocks you rise up. This would eliminate the "too much challenge" fiasco with the towers and just end this abruptly.

-Snapster :cool: