[Suggestion] - Ranks

Pikmon2

Reaction score
Maybe you could get a rank every thousand/X amount of kills or something?
Like:
100 kills: TNTer
500 kills: Bomber
1000 kills: Destroyer
5000 kills: Something
10,000 kills: Something
50,000 kills: Somthing or other
100,000 kills: The Fallout

The only name I really like that I put up there is The Fallout for reference, its just demonstrate it.

Reactions: _4_
D

DieLorelei

Titles is a better word than ranks... And it would be purely aesthetic... I dont know how you can assume anyone is better than anyone, just by the title they have on AoD... I have 9,0xx brains on AoD but I still have the Party Animal title because I like it.
If the Player tag was a title, then having options to buy from a set of different titles costing 10,000 points like the creeper hat/zombie hat to replace it, I don't see any harm... People need to get over the fact that some people play more than others do, and that even then, skill is merely relative in a fast paced and ever changing game environment. And if they want to save their points to buy a title, its their own choice, and if anything, it puts them at a higher disadvantage than someone else with 10,000points who buys 1000 mines instead....

But- I dont really care... If it was something bought, I would never bother saving for it :p

• Agree
Reactions: Mccuish and Pikmon2

superstein

Ex-Admin
Contributor
Reaction score
As it stands the server needs something to work for. There are really many categories in which you can get things for, and I think getting ranks for these things (without any gameplay-related changes) would help a lot. Let's think:

Some categories: Captures, Kills (perhaps specified by weapon/weapon type), Wins, Ontime, Points
These categories can be used to buy ranks for 500 points per title/possible perk (something useless like /ragequit, /me, ect) to prevent switching given you have more than one unlocked. The ranks differ by the category in which you've received the achievement for.
50 captures - The Runner
250 captures - The Olympian
1,000 kills - The Murder
5,000 kills - The Massacre
500 grenade kills - Grenadier (;D)
500 axtinguisher kills - The Impaler
500 c4 kills - The Breacher
100 wins - The Victory
500 wins - The Leader
100 hours - The Veteran (Yellow)
350 hours - The General (Yellow)
750 hours - The God (Yellow)
10,000 points - The Banker
25,000 points - The Rich
50,000 points - The Jackpot (or The 777)

I think a system like this could work out well, and I'd love to further discuss it if someone digs it!

D

DieLorelei

Categories might get messy, but that would be interesting. Though the Hour Ranks category is a bit weird... And I dont like the Winning Ranks, as thats kind of petty, and would encourage unfair advantages, (ie. Illegal team switching just to win, or incentive for new users to immediately go to the winning team, just for the win )

And I'm not sure I understand how you want them to work... So you spend points to unlock certain rank 'packs/categories' and then when you qualify to unlock them, spend another 500 pts to switch your titles within the categories?

superstein

Ex-Admin
Contributor
Reaction score
Categories might get messy, but that would be interesting. Though the Hour Ranks category is a bit weird... And I dont like the Winning Ranks, as thats kind of petty, and would encourage unfair advantages, (ie. Illegal team switching just to win, or incentive for new users to immediately go to the winning team, just for the win )

And I'm not sure I understand how you want them to work... So you spend points to unlock certain rank 'packs/categories' and then when you qualify to unlock them, spend another 500 pts to switch your titles within the categories?
Illegal advantages should be punished regardless, and there is always the temptation of end of round points and a free win by teamswitching. A few perks may increase the rulebreaking a bit, but hey, that is why we have staff on the server.

And they work by being unlocked by default. Once you get the requirements for a rank, you simply pay 500 pts (possibly less) to get the rank (so people don't hop to their 10 titles without a fee).

myusername22

A username.
Donor
Reaction score
Website
escaperestart.com
Illegal advantages should be punished regardless, and there is always the temptation of end of round points and a free win by teamswitching. A few perks may increase the rulebreaking a bit, but hey, that is why we have staff on the server.

And they work by being unlocked by default. Once you get the requirements for a rank, you simply pay 500 pts (possibly less) to get the rank (so people don't hop to their 10 titles without a fee).
Honestly I see your suggestion as achievement titles for the most part which is something I'd really think was unique (every other blocktopian server has player ranks I think there's no need to follow them but instead we should keep to the spirit in the old TNT wars) I don't see a reason to charge people every time they change titles though, why not just let them switch freely between all of the ones they have unlocked with a one time initial 500 point unlocking fee.

Friendy

SMP Overlord & Events Manager
Admin
Donor
Survival Staff
Reaction score
Sounds a bit like aod to me, how about giving them custom coloured nameplates rather than names/ranks?

Kuromono13

Reaction score
Maybe not by kills, but rather points? I get the whole " So maybe to messy thing". But if you were to make sure they were hard to get, it could give them something to reach, like the ranks in AoD. I played a lot and tryed to get to the Hero rank, and spent quite a bit of time on the server. So maybe you can make this work to benefit players and the server.