(Suggestion) PvP

Hockeyfan1852

Reaction score
Yes... You basically just threw information in to my face that you've already stated... just with a better description...

" If a person doesn't join a town and chooses to work alone they won't be targeted by these "PvP players" because it won't do anything to their KDR"

No, the last few maps when I was just searching for a place to build I was killed over and over again trying to cut down wood or trying to go back to spawn from a little dirt hut I've made. A lot of people don't care if you're in a town or not. (thats personal experience on the last map and prim)

"It will benefit towns who will work together now and town members online can jump into the fight and have access to all their supplies while the raider it takes 15-20 minutes getting ready for a good raid and they can easily be flawed/killed by the town they are in."

Only if they like pvp, Raiding town? It's the same thing and you've already shot this information at me.
It only effects pvpers/raiders.
Yes, because I was more descriptive because it seem like you did now what I meant when you said "You can't kill raiders in PVE, you must know that..?" I re-explained the post and was more descriptive to be more clear on what I was saying. Ideas basically dead now so blah. :L

Reactions: 1 person

cheatyface

Developer
Developer
Contributor
Reaction score
I think I should probably weigh in on this, because I'm fairly certain hockey felt like he had support from talking to some of us on the server last night.

I'll say straight out, that I don't think pvp over the entire world is a good idea. My specific comment last night was that I was disappointed with only 10% of the map being pvp; I had really hoped it would be 50%, but it clearly didn't happen. The second lamentation I had, and still have, is that grief is allowed in the pvp zone. Frankly, that's the 100% deterrent to anyone doing anything useful there. I might have taken up a home in the pvp zone if people weren't allowed to literally take every block I place.

Now, as for changes to the current map, I think the one and only change that would be easy to implement and really make a difference is getting rid of the grief allowance. Honestly, just let people build there, and things will at least be more likely to come of it.

I've considered a couple of things/events that could be done to make the zone more fun and rewarding for everyone, and the core problem with every single one of those ideas is that any other player can just come and take the materials I prepare. Sorry, but I don't want to invest in 20 enderchests, it's a waste of my time, and would still ruin the idea if someone wanted the obsidian (or to just be a dick). Team pvp with bases would be a fun thing that can be occasionally put together, especially encouraging towns to build their own bases, until you show up and find both bases are very much compromised. Even if they're somewhat intact, you can't enforce any kind of fair or interesting setup with them because LOL SUPERBREAKER YOU HAVE A NEW DOOR.

I've tossed ideas with a few other people as well, and even though we don't necessarily agree on what should be done, we do agree that the current pvp zone is pretty disappointing. And I do applaud putting the dungeon portals in there, but I don't think their location serves the purpose you want them to. Yes, they're in the danger zone. Oh noes. If someone does come after me, a lot of people will consider it a dick move. Something that makes other people think "that guy doesn't let other people have fun; he's a dick". These portals don't encourage me to go into the pvp zone for pvp, they encourage me to go there for more pve, and people who don't want pvp are the ones who get angry when it's forced on them.

I'd personally like to see the pvp zone a place where even people who are bad at pvp go to have some fun. This might not be something we can accomplish, and I can't say that I have a lot of great ideas for how to get it there either (to be honest, I'm pretty disenfranchised with minecraft pvp anyway, when I feel like pvp I just play WoW). It's just a vision, but I think most people would agree that the pvp zone should be more meaningful than it currently is.

nitasu987

Reaction score
No, Darga wanted me to have an excuse to come after you. Besides I said applying PvP whenever/if the map is reset.

EDIT: Im living in PvP now. Come and get me griefers xD
Guys, can you please take those dislikes off (I'm sick of being so disliked-just look at dio!)
You never need an excuse to come after me <3
and.. vati... agreeing with me?!!?! LOL

• Haha
Reactions: Vatowski

Edgar Harford

Reaction score
Well... I'll keep this short...

I've said this before countless times, and I'm sure some of you agree with me...
PvP in JtE does suck... and really... We can't do anything about it...
No matter what you may suggest to possibly improve PvP in the map, the negatives will most likely outweigh the positives.
But anyways, I've suggested possibly adding warzones near towns for more scenic PvP matches between rivalling factions, maybe even adding towns/cities up for grabs for the victors in these matches.
JtE is supposed to be survival minecraft. The survival aspect of the game is supposed to be all about risk. When you restrict or take PvP away from the equation, you are limiting the survival aspect of the game and ultimately all the risk taking involved.

• Agree
Reactions: Friendy and Shmid

zezmi

The noob himself
Reaction score
Maybe rival towns/villages/cities can always attack each other unless they are in one of the rivals towns.
So, if someone from Anitrius met someone from Esper outside of Carthage (Just an example, they could meet anywhere), they could PvP, but if someone from Anitrius meets someone from Esper IN Esper or Anitrius they may not attack one another.

• Haha
Reactions: Notme and Vatowski

Vatowski

Reaction score
Maybe rival towns/villages/cities can always attack each other unless they are in one of the rivals towns.
So, if someone from Anitrius met someone from Esper outside of Carthage (Just an example, they could meet anywhere), they could PvP, but if someone from Anitrius meets someone from Esper IN Esper or Anitrius they may not attack one another.
Das just messed up and I don't think it would be possible because it's too complicated. Also, what about the people who don't live in villages towns And cities? Are they completely protected from PvP? That's not really fair. Also villages towns and cities can make rivalries when ever they want so example: I meet superstein from antirius right outside Carthage. I don't like superstein cause he is smelly. I could simply catch him off guard issue a rivalrie with antirius and kill him. Too much flaws and I could be easily abused. Just keep it the way it is. There's only a small percentage of people who want to PvP in the PvE zone. I don't get why they are not happy with the PvP zone. It was made for PvP. When the server was released people got butthurt just for getting killed in the PvP zone so imagine if you can PvP in the PvE zone. Too much whining

• Agree
Reactions: zezmi and Notme

zezmi

The noob himself
Reaction score
Das just messed up and I don't think it would be possible because it's too complicated. Also, what about the people who don't live in villages towns And cities? Are they completely protected from PvP? That's not really fair. Also villages towns and cities can make rivalries when ever they want so example: I meet superstein from antirius right outside Carthage. I don't like superstein cause he is smelly. I could simply catch him off guard issue a rivalrie with antirius and kill him. Too much flaws and I could be easily abused. Just keep it the way it is. There's only a small percentage of people who want to PvP in the PvE zone. I don't get why they are not happy with the PvP zone. It was made for PvP. When the server was released people got butthurt just for getting killed in the PvP zone so imagine if you can PvP in the PvE zone. Too much whining
Good point, I was just thinking :3

Notme

Self-Aware Forum AI
Reaction score
Website
escaperestart.com
We all know what happened at end of primordia and in whole SMP 4. chaos and dramas. (Means big NO for PvP on whole map, said like this on purpose - >95% of playerbase simply doesn't want PvP like that)
Let this thread die with my reply.
But I support duel-type of PvP in arena (YAY for government-controlled boxing, sword and bow fighting duels!).

cheatyface

Developer
Developer
Contributor
Reaction score
maybe even adding towns/cities up for grabs for the victors in these matches.
One of the ideas I thought people might like is to create 2 bases a reasonable distance from each other in the pvp zone, then have ops run an event on say sunday afternoons if 2 clans are ready for it.

Essentially, each base has a clearly defined pit in it with a chest at the bottom, the chest containing something that clearly identifies the team without being spoofable (maybe a combination of random items, which the op puts in there and writes down). Players start at their team's respective base, and have to try and collect the loot in the other team's pit to win. Maybe you'd be allowed to place blocks to get safely down the pit (not a straight down pit either, so enderpearls don't just win), or maybe there'd already be a challenging path, but since it's in pvp you can also defend, meaning people will have to fight each other to get to the objectives. Winning team gets a prize of some kind.

But, as stated above, this will have some issues simply because lol grief. I did leave my feedback in the form though, and I encourage everyone to fill out the feedback form (even if you have no opinion about pvp, the form covers everything).

Hockeyfan1852

Reaction score
We all know what happened at end of primordia and in whole SMP 4. chaos and dramas. (Means big NO for PvP on whole map, said like this on purpose - >95% of playerbase simply doesn't want PvP like that)
Let this thread die with my reply.
But I support duel-type of PvP in arena (YAY for government-controlled boxing, sword and bow fighting duels!).
This I disagree with this the most out of everything said on this thread. SMP 4 was fine there were a few situations that happened but there really was no chaos and there was a few good rivalries going on you can't say there was drama the whole map. To be honest the player base doesn't want to challenge themselves by bringing back PvP and raids, because they would have to think of ways to keep their places safer. I was not even suggesting this for JtE, I was suggesting it for the point in time when new members come in and have nowhere to build and we will have to refresh the point will come at some point in the future and that is the point in time this suggestion is for, It would be horrible now if it was announced that you have one week to prepare your towns for PvP. I'm sure at least a few people thought the suggestion was for the present time.

• Haha
Reactions: Notme and Vatowski

56LoneWolf56

Reaction score
I feel that if we switch to PvP people will come up with creative ideas to make it harder for PvP'ers from getting in as well as last map it was not like AoD were people dieing contently its more like there is a kill an hour unless its that one or two busy hours where a lot of people were on. I mean this suggestion is coming from someone who was the most killed player last map, who moved his clan to 8 different bases. I almost miss worrying about Constructionboy's and Vati's while walking around. I miss the new improvements I made with Shadova on the EMT skybase, should we got killed in the process but we had fun. We could always go get more resources and try again. That is what I loved doing last map, sure there was some rough spots but we all got though it. If we had shops, auctions and server events last map, I would almost never get of the server. I do respect your opinions and am not trying to start any drama just so I can see your view and you can see mine.
Please dont bring up those two names to bad memorys

Da Jinks

Political Nerd
Reaction score
Personally, I both love this PvP system and miss last maps system. Last map, it was incredibly fun to be involved in mass raids/defences between CTY, Luck, Dannis Greenhouse, etc. and gave the game a hightened sense of thrill to go outside your citys walls. You looked over your shoulder constantly, waiting for someone to get you. Now I also love this system personally, since instead of feeling dread every time I see a person I feel joy to go over and chat/exchange items. So this is a curious suggestion from me:

What would everyone think of maybe having areas (forts) where, once taken over, the chests would restock every hour or so with extreme goods (better then other chests in the zones) that would cause to have the large battles like we saw with CTY vs DFH/Luck and other groups of last map but also giving people the chance to, still, stay out of it if they want.

I also love the idea of a duels plug-in, FYI ;)

Danni122112

The Drunk
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
Personally, I both love this PvP system and miss last maps system. Last map, it was incredibly fun to be involved in mass raids/defences between CTY, Luck, Dannis Greenhouse, etc. and gave the game a hightened sense of thrill to go outside your citys walls. You looked over your shoulder constantly, waiting for someone to get you. Now I also love this system personally, since instead of feeling dread every time I see a person I feel joy to go over and chat/exchange items. So this is a curious suggestion from me:

What would everyone think of maybe having areas (forts) where, once taken over, the chests would restock every hour or so with extreme goods (better then other chests in the zones) that would cause to have the large battles like we saw with CTY vs DFH/Luck and other groups of last map but also giving people the chance to, still, stay out of it if they want.

I also love the idea of a duels plug-in, FYI ;)
I also miss the big batles of last SMP, I have only fought a fight with jammy, and one with me vs Snow so far on this SMP.