(Suggestion) PvP

Hockeyfan1852

Reaction score
Okay so this is what I am suggesting to the general JtE players. I am suggesting a PvP system close to last map. I think you can enhance that experience by adding a lot of the new things JtE had to offer that was not avaliable last map, for example now we have shops and pre-made towns. Another thing from JtE that would have benefited last map would be the events that go on, for example we have Merchania open on the weekends, we have player run auctions and we had the Easter event currently. I feel this would make SMP fun for everyone. So I was thinking about making a Pro/Con list for adding PvP at a later point (if there will still be a map refresh) to JtE. I was thinking maybe only have it enabled in the main world but disable in the nether/the_end. We should make a rule that prohibits camping no PvP areas. Also we could have market places and premade towns with PvP protection. I feel PvP benefits the server as it adds some competition to keep people alert and busy and having fun. So don't hesitate to post your opinions of adding this at a later point below. (Not trying to force you to listen to me but acknowledge my point of view and take so consideration for what I have said. No need to bash the idea right away.)

Thanks for thanking this into consideration,
Hockeyfan1852

Undefined User 7

Psychosomatic
Reaction score
I respect what you're trying to do here. However, I disagree. Many players (such as myself) are dreadful at PvP, and would just end up dying a lot. I believe that the current system is the best option, as it gives people the option of PvP, but doesn't force it on them. It also requires you to go through PvP to get to dungeons, so there definitely is a risk involved.

It should also be considered how PvP affects new players. If I just started playing the old SMP server, it'd be arguably hard to do well because people kept killing me. It's not a welcoming atmosphere!

Also, in the event that servers did go PvP, I'd assume that towns+ would be safe from PvP.

Hockeyfan1852

Reaction score
I respect what you're trying to do here. However, I disagree. Many players (such as myself) are dreadful at PvP, and would just end up dying a lot. I believe that the current system is the best option, as it gives people the option of PvP, but doesn't force it on them. It also requires you to go through PvP to get to dungeons, so there definitely is a risk involved.

Also, in the event that servers did go PvP, I'd assume that towns+ would be safe from PvP.
Last map you seemed alright, but I am just saying it could add some fun into the server but we can restrict it from the nether, End, Premade Towns, The Exchange and other places like that so it would be limited to the main world. Last map Im sure a lot of people hated getting camped when the went into the nether and lagged when the got out. I think the change would be positive for the server and it would be better now that there is no people that control grinders can kill people who work hard enchanting their stuff.

Reactions: Undefined User 7

Undefined User 7

Psychosomatic
Reaction score
Last map you seemed alright, but I am just saying it could add some fun into the server but we can restrict it from the nether, End, Premade Towns, The Exchange and other places like that so it would be limited to the main world. Last map Im sure a lot of people hated getting camped when the went into the nether and lagged when the got out. I think the change would be positive for the server and it would be better now that there is no people that control grinders can kill people who work hard enchanting their stuff.
I still disagree, but you raise good points!

• Love
Reactions: Hockeyfan1852

Super_Goku

ukoG_repuS
Reaction score
Also try to think about it like this: many people build their houses not only in Towns but also in random spots. For example: my tower, if I was building on it, I wouldn't want people coming around trying to snipe me from my building, it takes away the safety of being able to build free without having to worry about PvP'ers. But that's just my opinion.

Hockeyfan1852

Reaction score
Also try to think about it like this: many people build their houses not only in Towns but also in random spots. For example: my tower, if I was building on it, I wouldn't want people coming around trying to snipe me from my building, it takes away the safety of being able to build free without having to worry about PvP'ers. But that's just my opinion.
I feel that if we switch to PvP people will come up with creative ideas to make it harder for PvP'ers from getting in as well as last map it was not like AoD were people dieing contently its more like there is a kill an hour unless its that one or two busy hours where a lot of people were on. I mean this suggestion is coming from someone who was the most killed player last map, who moved his clan to 8 different bases. I almost miss worrying about Constructionboy's and Vati's while walking around. I miss the new improvements I made with Shadova on the EMT skybase, should we got killed in the process but we had fun. We could always go get more resources and try again. That is what I loved doing last map, sure there was some rough spots but we all got though it. If we had shops, auctions and server events last map, I would almost never get of the server. I do respect your opinions and am not trying to start any drama just so I can see your view and you can see mine.

Reactions: Undefined User 7
D

DarkHender

I thought Journey to Elysium was supposed to be a journey, a safe calm one that doesn't involve killing unless you take the risks.

I like that idea of Elysium, no one wants to die or fear every person they see on their journey.. now do they?

Oak Milk

Kill Hungry Thirsty Dead
Mafia Host
Reaction score
My feelings on this, personally, if I really feel like pvp I head on over to AoD (will be even better once PTnT is up, I'll have 2 outlets), although its a nice idea, its just not what JtE is trying to promote, its more about being able to have fun with your friends building and having a good time than the constant worry you are going to get attacked by someone while trying to build your epic castle or house. Besides, the option for people to pvp is given with the pvp zone, now the next retort I'm expecting is "There is no one in pvp." Well what does that say? It says not a lot of people play JtE for the pvp side of things, they play to build and have fun with friends in an Rp style gameplay! I know thats what I play it for :D

Hockeyfan1852

Reaction score
I though Journey to Elysium is supposed to be a journey, a safe calm one that doesn't involve killing unless you take the risks.

I like that idea of Elysium, no one wants to die or fear every person they see on their journey.. now do they?
I feel that a journey has some adventure you don't have someone bearing down on you every second. People hardly ever have more than two raids a day as well as they are making sure their town is as safe and getting resources for others we had trust last map, towns were closer we had a gift box hall and gave each other stuff to protect them. We went out in groups and worked on projects together. Now you can go outside worry free you can do everything yourself and I feel PvP brings towns closer together.
EDIT:
My feelings on this, personally, if I really feel like pvp I head on over to AoD (will be even better once PTnT is up, I'll have 2 outlets), although its a nice idea, its just not what JtE is trying to promote, its more about being able to have fun with your friends building and having a good time than the constant worry you are going to get attacked by someone while trying to build your epic castle or house. Besides, the option for people to pvp is given with the pvp zone, now the next retort I'm expecting is "There is no one in pvp." Well what does that say? It says not a lot of people play JtE for the pvp side of things, they play to build and have fun with friends in an Rp style gameplay! I know thats what I play it for :D
Yes, but as I just stated above on AoD or PTNT (Which I am looking forward to by the way) you are taking stuff from chests there are teams I agree, but building up resources and have a town of people you trust and work together with on situations thrown your way and you working together to fix and making it better for your town, PvP is a lot deeper than Im going to run around and kill everyone in sight, you will send your town into ashes with all the people after you. AoD is way to play just to kill everyone in sight and not worry about how it will affect anything because it is the point of the game. You can still role play with PvP its not going to interfere much it could benefit role playing in certain aspects.

Lee_scar

Geezuslike
Donor
Reaction score
As for the suggestion, I would say i do not like the idea of a world of pvp at all, beyond or before the wall.

I was going to suggest an idea along the lines of this, but the main priciple is called 'Duels'
A player sends another specific player(s) or openly invites anyone. Said other player having to accept the dual. pvp 'on' for those players.
Once only one player remains alive from the 'duel' pvp goes 'off'
From that we can reuse the ENTIRE former pvp zone for part two of the suggestion.
'The badlands'
The dungeon monsters have gained more control, look-out! Monsters beyond the wall are now considerably buffed and spawn rates are higher. other etcs i havent worked out but thought i would drop onto here since your talking about pvp suggestion,.

D

DarkHender

I feel that a journey has some adventure you don't have someone bearing down on you every second. People hardly ever have more than two raids a day as well as they are making sure their town is as safe and getting resources for others we had trust last map, towns were closer we had a gift box hall and gave each other stuff to protect them. We went out in groups and worked on projects together. Now you can go outside worry free you can do everything yourself and I feel PvP brings towns closer together.
Thats good, people should learn to mine and get things them selves instead of raiding and pulling things off of other people's hard work.
The only thing this is going to benefit if raiders/pvpers.
We have dungeons, a whole PVP side for those who want, you can raid whenever as long as it's legal.

We have a balance of each since many don't like PVP and being scared of every single little thing that bumps in the night.

Oak Milk

Kill Hungry Thirsty Dead
Mafia Host
Reaction score
As for the suggestion, I would say i do not like the idea of a world of pvp at all, beyond or before the wall.

I was going to suggest an idea along the lines of this, but the main priciple is called 'Duels'
A player sends another specific player(s) or openly invites anyone. Said other player having to accept the dual. pvp 'on' for those players.
From that we can reuse the ENTIRE former pvp zone for part two of the suggestion.
'The badlands'
The dungeon monsters have gained more control, look-out! Monsters beyond the wall are now considerably buffed and spawn rates are higher. other etcs i havent worked out but thought i would drop onto here since your talking about pvp suggestion,.
Ahhh now this would be an awesome thing! I have no idea how it would be worked out, but the suggestion is quite a nice one.
EDIT: to make it worthwhile travelling in there maybe they have better drops as well?

Sephhh

Supermegauber Foxy Fox!
Reaction score
Website
blocktopia.net
I agree with Lee here. It's better to have duels than open PvP. The reason that people hate some people because they keep on killing them. Would you like your town to be unsafe when it's your property and should feel safe? A traveler like me (Who roams around the world when I'm bored) wouldn't like to arm up like I'm going to a dungeon just to explore and find out different things. People would then as well start suspecting other people as killers, and that would be bad. Notice that most clans are really allied to each other :p. The events, though, are really fun but a lot of people would quit or rage when they die. I think that's the reason why we have a wall, to bring about an environment for those pvp-inclined people to those who want safety.

Lee_scar

Geezuslike
Donor
Reaction score
Ahhh now this would be an awesome thing! I have no idea how it would be worked out, but the suggestion is quite a nice one.
EDIT: to make it worthwhile travelling in there maybe they have better drops as well?
Yeah Thats why I didnt drop the idea out there yet, I have been busy the past few weeks learning plugins and digging through endless piles of devs and other mods to see what might work.

Though the mobs would have much better xp/item drops as well as there would be quite a few more of other mobs as well as pigmen(if possible) lightning creepers. etc

Hockeyfan1852

Reaction score

'The badlands'
Its a good idea, I think a lot of people would use that however I would still prefer the PvP in the main world idea but this covers about 50% of my points and would be enjoyable in my opinion.

Thats good, people should learn to mine and get things them selves instead of raiding and pulling things off of other people's hard work.
The only thing this is going to benefit if raiders/pvpers.
We have dungeons, a whole PVP side for those who want, you can raid whenever as long as it's legal.

We have a balance of each since many don't like PVP and being scared of every single little thing that bumps in the night.
The PvP zone currently is a free grief to all. PvP without grief requires more strategy to even get items on a raid. If a person doesn't join a town and chooses to work alone they won't be targeted by these "PvP players" because it won't do anything to their KDR which they care about. It will benefit towns who will work together now and town members online can jump into the fight and have access to all their supplies while the raider it takes 15-20 minutes getting ready for a good raid and they can easily be flawed/killed by the town they are in.
EDIT:
I agree with Lee here. It's better to have duels than open PvP. The reason that people hate some people because they keep on killing them. Would you like your town to be unsafe when it's your property and should feel safe? A traveler like me (Who roams around the world when I'm bored) wouldn't like to arm up like I'm going to a dungeon just to explore and find out different things. People would then as well start suspecting other people as killers, and that would be bad. Notice that most clans are really allied to each other :p. The events, though, are really fun but a lot of people would quit or rage when they die. I think that's the reason why we have a wall, to bring about an environment for those pvp-inclined people to those who want safety.
Exploring won't be that much of an issue you could take stuff you can afford to lose or the likelihood of coming across someone on the map outside of a town is slim. People are still playing JtE but come out to have a few fun raids every once in a while.

D

DarkHender

The PvP zone currently is a free grief to all. PvP without grief requires more strategy to even get items on a raid. If a person doesn't join a town and chooses to work alone they won't be targeted by these "PvP players" because it won't do anything to their KDR which they care about. It will benefit towns who will work together now and town members online can jump into the fight and have access to all their supplies while the raider it takes 15-20 minutes getting ready for a good raid and they can easily be flawed/killed by the town they are in.
Raid in the PVE, PVP isn't even worth raiding.
Most towns don't allow you to steal/kill anyone who's a member of the same town.
You can't kill raiders in PVE, you must know that..?

Reactions: LizzzyxD

Hockeyfan1852

Reaction score
Raid in the PVE, PVP isn't even worth raiding.
Most towns don't allow you to steal/kill anyone who's a member of the same town.
You can't kill raiders in PVE, you must know that..?
I was saying that right now the PvP zone is not even a raiding its just grief. Then I brought up the point that PvP without grief requires more strategy to even get items on a raid. (If we switched that would happen with would add strategy to the server) Then in resonance to "people should learn to mine and get things themselves" If a person doesn't join a town and chooses to work alone they won't be targeted by these "PvP players" because it won't do anything to their KDR which they care about. (This is my resonance to this "The only thing this is going to benefit if raiders/pvpers.") It will benefit towns who will work together now and town members online can jump into the fight and have access to all their supplies while the raider it takes 15-20 minutes getting ready for a good raid and they can easily be flawed/killed by the town they are in.

LizzzyxD

Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
I personally have played on servers in different communities that had regular PvP. It was somewhat enjoyable because I wasn't being killed every second and people didn't worry as much about going out and constantly wondering if they'll be killed or not. Let's face it, not everyone is great at PvP and for some people, PvP is the only thing they care about. And they can be arrogant about it too.

Excepted

Reaction score
I think we should have pvp only at night as that way people who don't want to pvp can hide away to avoid being killed. The other thing about people not joining towns is it won't necessarily save them as I PvP for fun not for kdr purposes.

• Disagree
Reactions: Shmid

Notme

Self-Aware Forum AI
Reaction score
Website
escaperestart.com
PvP... Ehhh There were a lot of people, that quit or almost never played on SMP 4 especially in its beginning because of AoD style PvP, that was cooling down for long time (Well it was one of main reasons).
SMP 4 was nightmare for people that can't PvP comparing to servers, that were earlier or later.
I (or other people who aren't good at PvP) had to hide underground or at map border to prosper.
If I [Or someone who isn't good at PvP] wanted explore, I had limit my stuff in inventory only to easily reproducible food and iron stuff, because I could encounter random PvPr on your travels.
If I (or someone else) wanted to PvP I could just go to AoD or coming PTNT (RoF KotL servers purpose too).
Of course there were clans that prospered very well like SLV, DGH, or CTY, but most of their members knew how to PvP or be stealthy.
So Elysium is now perfect balance of PvP and PvE, as it is "Go build some epic house or castle or city with friends in survival mode without worry of sudden death".
So making server 90% map PvE was one of best things that could be done on SMP - you no longer run away from random people that you meet in wild.
Oh and what other said: PvP duels is fair kind of PvP as both of sides want to do it, so I like that suggestion,

Reactions: LizzzyxD
Q

Qube

As it stands now i have no plans of changing how PVP works in the server, we have separated it from the start, and to be honest i feel that a majority of the playerbase enjoy it the way it is right now, tho i of course can't know for sure what everyone thinks!
But nevertheless i have no plans of changing the way PVP works on Elysium, we are trying to make people venture into the PVP area more often, but in the end its up to the players themself if they want to go beyond the wall for possible PVP action or not, and nothing i want to force upon people!

And to the point of a possible map reset, there are absolutely no plans of a reset anytime soon, we plan to use this map for a fair bit longer, but i do have plans to solve the problem with lack of ores that will happen in the world in the future. And even if we do reset the world at some point, the system we have now will probably stay more or less the same!

What i on the other hand could accept into the server would be a way to duel with other players, as discussed above, if the playerbase/staff wants it, and if people bring up good points on why i should add it, i will discuss it with Marnixxie/Baker and consider adding it, depending on if a plugin exists for it of course.

Thanks for the suggestions nonetheless, and feel free to keep discussing it!
Cheers, Qube.

D

DieLorelei

Tldr; General census is no one really wants pvp... To be fair, I agree to an extent that pvp does have a significant role in what it means to play on an smp server, but in moderation... That is why in the near future, Shin'ai will host pvp tournaments on the top of its towers. It will be a method of dueling with the benefits of being on a fair field... But an open world PvP will only cause drama and more chaos than needed...

• Agree
Reactions: LizzzyxD and Notme

Danni122112

The Drunk
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
I stand nautral for having a server with or without pvp, most reasons are above. However, on this server i do not want pvp over the whole map, maybe in some futur server, in a long time.

However, there is one thing that i would like to have on the server, that is a possibility for you to enable and disable PvP in the PvE zone when you want to. To do this you type something along the lines of /pvp enable, and /pvp disable. At default you will have pvp disabled, and once you die pvp will automaticly be turned off. The PvE zone rules still stand, and in the pvp zone there will always be pvp on.

Just a suggestion i wanted to add in :)

D

DarkHender

I was saying that right now the PvP zone is not even a raiding its just grief. Then I brought up the point that PvP without grief requires more strategy to even get items on a raid. (If we switched that would happen with would add strategy to the server) Then in resonance to "people should learn to mine and get things themselves" If a person doesn't join a town and chooses to work alone they won't be targeted by these "PvP players" because it won't do anything to their KDR which they care about. (This is my resonance to this "The only thing this is going to benefit if raiders/pvpers.") It will benefit towns who will work together now and town members online can jump into the fight and have access to all their supplies while the raider it takes 15-20 minutes getting ready for a good raid and they can easily be flawed/killed by the town they are in.
Yes... You basically just threw information in to my face that you've already stated... just with a better description...

" If a person doesn't join a town and chooses to work alone they won't be targeted by these "PvP players" because it won't do anything to their KDR"

No, the last few maps when I was just searching for a place to build I was killed over and over again trying to cut down wood or trying to go back to spawn from a little dirt hut I've made. A lot of people don't care if you're in a town or not. (thats personal experience on the last map and prim)

"It will benefit towns who will work together now and town members online can jump into the fight and have access to all their supplies while the raider it takes 15-20 minutes getting ready for a good raid and they can easily be flawed/killed by the town they are in."

Only if they like pvp, Raiding town? It's the same thing and you've already shot this information at me.
It only effects pvpers/raiders.