[Suggestion] Players Spawn With Potion Effects

Defiant_Blob

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
Donor
Reaction score
The Halloween update is coming up, and if you've followed people such as Sethbling or such, you'll know it's going to open up a plethora of possibilities. Among these are several new types of potions, from potions of Blindness to Leaping and more. Even more, Dinnerbone has added in a way so that potions can last (almost) infinitely and also has added more levels for every potion, making it possible for super-strength potions of level 100. This brings in many ideas for maps and such, for example maps where certain players are blind or a certain class has Weakness but is Invisible.

Therefore, I suggest to our Devs to implement the ability to have certain classes to spawn with potion effects. I'm not certain how hard it will be to code, but I believe in our Devs ;)

LISTINGS09

Danni122112

The Drunk
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
Sounds like an awesome suggestion if possible, but as 1,4 comes we also need to make potions not carry over from round to round. If a player drink an 8 min invisibility potion right before next map, it will ruin the gameplay.

EDIT:Thinking of the potion effects you got in solitude, I think (and hope) it will not be to hard to solve if implented:D

• Agree
Reactions: Infected_alien8_

Guinessis

Reaction score
Implemented. More detailed writeup to come (unless LISTINGS09) wants to do the honors, but here's a quick breakdown of the new stuff.

• Team fall damage and underwater breathing may be toggled on a per map basis. This allows for maps with very long drops, or underwater exploration. These may be set for both hunters and survivors.
  • Potion effects added in three categories: Starting, OnAttack, OnDefend. Starting are starting conditions. OnAttack are conditions that are applied to you when you attack the opposing team. OnDefend are conditions that are applied to you when you are attacked by the opposing team. One quick use of this would be to set hunters to gain regen I whenever they attack/defend, sort of like vampires.
  • These potion effects also include abilities like increased jumping.
TL;DR: Thanks to LIST mapmakers now have many shiny new toys to play with. Go nuts!

Just throwing out some ideas. Make a map similar to the old school low-gravity UT maps. Set player fall damage to 0 for both teams, and apply ridiculously powerful jumping abilities on player spawn. Toss around punch II/infinity I bows in various chests, and let players go to town.