• Posts in this section do not count towards your post count.

Stock Market - The Game!

Da Jinks

Political Nerd
Reaction score
Welcome to the Stock Market Game!
How does it work?
Eight players will receive 2,500 "dollars" to use to buy, sell and trade stocks as they please. Whoever has accumulated the most wealth in four weeks is the winner!​
What are the rules?
1-The stock market is closed on Sunday and is open 9 AM to 5 PM EST on every other day of the week. No trades will officially be recorded during these times.​
2-Only discuss trades with others players. Don't go asking a friend who's Dad is a professional! Use only you and your competitors knowledge.​
3-Have fun!​
How does the buy, sell and trade process go?
Buying:
Step 1-Look up the stock you would like to buy, and decide how much stock you would like to buy.​
Step 2-PM me telling me A) What stock you would like to buy, B) How many shares of each stock you would like to buy and C) How much the stocks are selling at as of the time you looked at it (NOTEWORTHY: I will check the stock as well before making it all officially logged, but understand trying to look for a cheaper price can and will get you kicked out of the game.)​
Trading:
Step 1-Contact another player asking for a trade. I will list (once I can/the games started) each players stocks and how much each has in it. Either post here tagging them or PM them asking for the trade (preferred you tag!)​
Step 2-If the user agrees to it PM me with the trade in question.​
Step 3-I will contact the other user to double check they want the trade and if so make it official (NOTEWORTHY: Trying to say a user wants a trade when they don't is a waste of my time and can get you kicked if you do it to much. Once the trade is official it CANNOT be undone unless the other user agrees to retrade. If the other user changes there mind on the trade before it being official it is fine.)​
Selling (and buying from other users):
Step 1-Contact the user you want to buy stock from with A) How much stock you want to buy and B) How much you want to pay per stock.​
Step 2-If the other user agrees PM me with the planned buying.​
Step 3-I will contact the other user to double check and if they agree make it official (NOTEWORTHY: Like trading, lieing someone wants stock when they never did does not make me happy. Once done it won't be undone, yadayadayada...)​
Any other questions? Just ask :)​
Who is playing?
1-myusername22​
2-zezmi​
3-Jivvi​
4-Edgar_Harford​
5-Duffie​
6-mariosatr​
7-shinyshark​
8-Agent2479​

Da Jinks

Political Nerd
Reaction score
I'm in though could you be a bit more detailed on how trading and the stock market will work?
Alrighty, fairly simple system will go like this:

Step 1-Take 2,500 dollars and buy as much stock as you want at the time. You can find stocks/there current prices at http://www.nasdaq.com/ and http://www.marketwatch.com/ are two good websites you may search for stock prices at. A easy way would be to pick a brand you know and love (say, Nike), search for it on the site and buy some of its stock.
Step 2-Once you have stock, wait and see how it goes. The point is to make the most money out of what you have, so doing things like trading the stock with other players for different stocks and/or selling it to other players for as much cash as you can will help.
Step 3-Win! The only way you will be kicked out of the game BEFORE the 4 weeks are up are by either A) Breaking the few rules in place (warnings will be given out before being kicked, of course) and B) Losing all your money somehow.

And I will currently set it to have 12 people for this game to keep it easier to track what stocks each person has. Once the list is filled out we will start the game when said!

Duffie

Reaction score
Website
duffieshirayuki.deviantart.com
Hey, I've done this before, and I'm currently in the second year class (technically third) in which it was done!

Count me in. :3

Considering there's a handicap where you can't do this on Sunday, my handicap will be to not be able to do it on the weekends, at the moment. Can only play at school, but that shouldn't be much of a problem.

Da Jinks

Political Nerd
Reaction score
Hey, I've done this before, and I'm currently in the second year class (technically third) in which it was done!

Count me in. :3

Considering there's a handicap where you can't do this on Sunday, my handicap will be to not be able to do it on the weekends, at the moment. Can only play at school, but that shouldn't be much of a problem.
Wonderful! Your in :D

• Thank You
Reactions: Duffie

Da Jinks

Political Nerd
Reaction score
Is there a minimum you are waiting for? It appears not many are interested in signing up at this time and for a first game a small size probably wouldn't hurt
I -may- actually go down to 6-8. Will be thinking as I am gonna be trying to keep track of each players stocks ;)

I was considering doing this with forex at a point, this is actually a pretty educational game as well as fun. Count me in, thank you for doing this ;)
Adding you, and no problem! I've always had a interest in stocks/the stock market and just figured it may be fun ;p

Da Jinks

Political Nerd
Reaction score
I still don't quite understand the trading system. Are we trading/selling with other players or recording current market prices and telling you how much we are going to buy /sell if so is there a format you'd like us to use?
Alright, I will use this post to detail the buying, trading and selling processes for players:

Buying:
Step 1-Look up the stock you would like to buy, and decide how much stock you would like to buy.
Step 2-PM me telling me A) What stock you would like to buy, B) How many shares of each stock you would like to buy and C) How much the stocks are selling at as of the time you looked at it (NOTEWORTHY: I will check the stock as well before making it all officially logged, but understand trying to look for a cheaper price can and will get you kicked out of the game.)
Trading:
Step 1-Contact another player asking for a trade. I will list (once I can/the games started) each players stocks and how much each has in it. Either post here tagging them or PM them asking for the trade (preferred you tag!)
Step 2-If the user agrees to it PM me with the trade in question.
Step 3-I will contact the other user to double check they want the trade and if so make it official (NOTEWORTHY: Trying to say a user wants a trade when they don't is a waste of my time and can get you kicked if you do it to much. Once the trade is official it CANNOT be undone unless the other user agrees to retrade. If the other user changes there mind on the trade before it being official it is fine.)
Selling (and buying from other users):
Step 1-Contact the user you want to buy stock from with A) How much stock you want to buy and B) How much you want to pay per stock.
Step 2-If the other user agrees PM me with the planned buying.
Step 3-I will contact the other user to double check and if they agree make it official (NOTEWORTHY: Like trading, lieing someone wants stock when they never did does not make me happy. Once done it won't be undone, yadayadayada...)

Any other questions? Just ask :) Also, will accept ONE MORE PERSON BEFORE STARTING.

• Informative
Reactions: myusername22

Da Jinks

Political Nerd
Reaction score
Stock Market Update!
Alrighty folks! Day 1 of the Stock Market Game was met with very little action from players! Only two players bought stocks today! But never fear, as others can always come back tomorrow!
Stock Market closed as of 5:11 PM EST.
Here are how players are doing:
1-Duffie​
Monster Beverage Corporation [MNST] x 10 ($552.50)​
Wal-Mart Stores Inc. [WMT] x 20 ($1,523)​
McDonald's Corporation [MCD] x 1 ($97.53)​
Total stocks value: $2,173.03​
Total money left: $327.97​
2-Agent2479​
Bank of Hawaii [BOH] x 10 ($534.10)​
Tesla Motors [TSLA] x 5 ($916.95)​
Total stocks value: $1,481.05​
Total money left: $1,018.95​
3: Everyone else hasn't bought anymore stocks yet! Come and buy some tomorrow folks!​

mariosatr

Imperator Romanus Sacer
Reaction score
Stock Market Update!
Alrighty folks! Day 1 of the Stock Market Game was met with very little action from players! Only two players bought stocks today! But never fear, as others can always come back tomorrow!
Stock Market closed as of 5:11 PM EST.
Here are how players are doing:
1-Duffie​
Monster Beverage Corporation [MNST] x 10 ($552.50)​
Wal-Mart Stores Inc. [WMT] x 20 ($1,523)​
McDonald's Corporation [MCD] x 1 ($97.53)​
Total stocks value: $2,173.03​
Total money left: $327.97​
2-Agent2479​
Bank of Hawaii [BOH] x 10 ($534.10)​
Tesla Motors [TSLA] x 5 ($916.95)​
Total stocks value: $1,481.05​
Total money left: $1,018.95​
3: Everyone else hasn't bought anymore stocks yet! Come and buy some tomorrow folks!​
I'm struggling to find the best stocks for me xD as with myusername, I'll purchase some tomorrow.

Da Jinks

Political Nerd
Reaction score
Stock Market opened as of 9 AM EST! Buy, sell and trade from now until 5 PM EST folks!​
Due to the forums being down most of today, the Stock Market will be open tomorrow, Sunday, from 10 AM until 3 PM EST to make up for lost time. This -should- be a one time only thing, so take advantage of it!

Da Jinks

Political Nerd
Reaction score
Game cancelled for now due to 1) Less time to keep track of peoples stocks and there value, 2) This being a bad time it seems to start up a stock market game and 3) The fact that in nearly a month of the game only three people have chosen stocks and one person already quit. So yes, will probably try this again at some point but for now it's off unless someone else wants to do it.