Sporadical

Swate

Llamasaur!
Reaction score
Website
www.iamawesome.com
PLEASE READ: This map was submitted in August, if you hadn't already noticed. Take note of this. :)

Hello everyone! I didn't want to say I've stayed with Blocktopia for 2 years without making a single map, so here goes!

If you're wonder about the name, it basically means "completely definitely everywhere in absolute chaos." That, and I've always loved the word :)

v1.3 (August 20)
~ Lava bridge at top now has "halfway checkpoint" platform with extra bridge connections
~ Lavafall coming of grassy curve thing has water in the middle for easier manoeuvrability
~ Lava pool near the rocket now has some adminium jumpy thingies going across it for trapped runners
~Updated pictures

v1.2 (August 19)
~ Added more stairs going to top (4 in total now)
~ Removed the pyramid, I thought it was taking up too much space and making things look a bit bad
~ Added another small secret, just a little obvious room (sort of like the easy ones in pokemonstadium)
~ Added a small wooden structure-type thing on the course.
~ Added just some small structures to make up for the loss of the pyramid (like sand stairs and a flower patch)
~ Moved big block of dirt and changed it to a concentric ellipsal shape. (See Main Map picture 2)
~ Updated pictures

v1.1 (August 18)
~ Added stairs going to top
~ Set the spawn (derp)
~ Added prettiness stuff to bottom of bridges (like leaves)

v1.0 (August 17)
~ Made the map, :p

Name of map : Sporadical

Creator : Swate

Dimensions : 64 x 32 x 64 (64 length and width, with 32 height.)

Round Time : 10 minute standard, or possibly less (depends on what people think would be more suitable.)

Diggable depth of the map : There is bedrock immediately under the floor, so one block.

Physics : (Off) Standard

Which server did you build your map on? : WoM: Realms - if you wish to view the map, feel free to go on the server and type "/realm Swate" !

Number of secrets : 3 - two are just little easily found spots while the other is much more of a secret-y secret. :3

.lvl file : .dat file found at http://filesmelt.com/dl/Sporadical.lvl, mega supa dupa courtesy of Marnixxie. :D

Description of map. :
This map is unlike any other! While other maps' themes may be cities, or jungles, or adminium, the theme for this map is: EVERYTHING! From trees to rockets to bridges to airplanes, this map has the lot! And it's all crammed into a 64x64 space - get ready for a surefire round full of pandemonium and zombificationismologyness (I think that's a word - if it isn't, it is now :3)! Good luck everyone, this is Sporadical!
* There are a lot of structures on the ground which are not to be op_block'd, so people might become unreachable. This is why there are bedrock bridges at the top of the map - so zombies can divebomb unwitting apparent-rulebreakers! I guess the map IS leaning towards being more of a running map, with the "course" up the top and no digging depth, but it's your opinion I suppose. I take this to be both a running and a hiding map as there are some hiding spots (limited amounts of them, granted) and some secrets.
* If the map is added to Zombie Survival, the map needs to be op_water'd completely. It also needs to be op_air'd and op_glass'd in the top 5 or so layers, so as to stop anyone from getting through the glass and onto the roof.

Screenshots of map :
These pictures are indeed current - Swate's seal of approval. (v1.2)

Please note, although it might look as though people are able to enter the watervator straight from the spawn, they can't. If you look closer, it is impossible because of the adminium in the way.

Note that these pictures are taken outside of the map using the WoM Client's noclip ability. That's why there appears to be two bedrock bridges - the top one is actually the roof.

Note that there is usually glass there, I just removed it for the picture.

Please, if you have any suggestions as to how the map could be improved, say it in a comment! I'm all ears. However, I can't do anything about the digging depth or dimensions, they have to stay fixed.

Also, if the pictures are too small for you, just click on them. (If you didn't already know that, I didn't :confused:)

~ Swate ~

Dess

The UmbreOp
Reaction score
It looks like a very interesting concept for a map but my only problem with it is that it seems a little it "messy". Its just appeal to me but I think that if its cleaned up a bit it would look much better. Other than that it looks fantastic.

• Informative
Reactions: Swate

Swate

Llamasaur!
Reaction score
Website
www.iamawesome.com
It looks like a very interesting concept for a map but my only problem with it is that it seems a little it "messy". Its just appeal to me but I think that if its cleaned up a bit it would look much better. Other than that it looks fantastic.
Hm, alright, do you mean cluttered or just everything seems to be in no particular arrangement? Because that's the point :)

JKangaroo

Your Local, Neighborhood Marsupial
Reaction score
When I read the name of the map, and continued with the description: I was hyped up.
I've loved the word, and just the basic idea of a map like this: sort of comparing it to a timeline of history or a bunch of buildings all colliding in a sort of giant mash-up cyclone of amazing.

But when I saw the pictures... I'm not really certain what to make of the map.
I think the idea of a really cluttered map as a "theme" sounds pretty awesome, but I think in the way the map is laid out: it is a bit small with what looks like little places to hide, and less to run. So again: my heart can't really put a finger on my feelings for the map.

• Informative

Swate

Llamasaur!
Reaction score
Website
www.iamawesome.com
When I read the name of the map, and continued with the description: I was hyped up.
I've loved the word, and just the basic idea of a map like this: sort of comparing it to a timeline of history or a bunch of buildings all colliding in a sort of giant mash-up cyclone of amazing.

But when I saw the pictures... I'm not really certain what to make of the map.
I think the idea of a really cluttered map as a "theme" sounds pretty awesome, but I think in the way the map is laid out: it is a bit small with what looks like little places to hide, and less to run. So again: my heart can't really put a finger on my feelings for the map.
As small as it is, that is the maximum size I can have on Realms for now. If I had a different server with my own map, which can be made to possibly 128 squared, I would definitely make it bigger.

As for the hiding spots, I was thinking of adding more hills and "fat" buildings to hide in. I'll see what I can do.

EDIT: Done! v1.1 now up!

Hockeyfan1852

Reaction score
I went and saw this map, it is a bit cluttered but fits in with the overall map idea anyway I suggest rearranging a few things and also adding a bit more in those empty sections (though the map is pretty well filled) good luck!

Swate

Llamasaur!
Reaction score
Website
www.iamawesome.com
I went and saw this map, it is a bit cluttered but fits in with the overall map idea anyway I suggest rearranging a few things and also adding a bit more in those empty sections (though the map is pretty well filled) good luck!

I'll go do that now :p then I'm going to update the photos. I was thinking of maybe getting rid of the stupid pyramid to get rid of some space, and then sort of space some things out a bit. One of my things I had in mind when I was making the map was to use every type of block at least once in the map, so I'll just make some random little sand structure instead :p

I could have some things hanging from the bridges, perhaps. Actually, nah..

EDIT: Done! v1.2 now up, pictures updated as well.

Reactions: Hockeyfan1852

MarsKid

Mafia Host
Reaction score
There's plenty of cluttered maps on the server, and this is no exception. It looks very close-quarters and cramped, but I guess that's the charm to it. I can't quite see how you get back to the top level, and always be careful when using lava: player speed is reduced drastically.

• Informative

Swate

Llamasaur!
Reaction score
Website
www.iamawesome.com
There's plenty of cluttered maps on the server, and this is no exception. It looks very close-quarters and cramped, but I guess that's the charm to it. I can't quite see how you get back to the top level, and always be careful when using lava: player speed is reduced drastically.
There are four staircases in the map heading to the top, one in each corner. There is also a watervator in the middle, which actually goes sort of through the spawn (don't worry, people can't actually go into it from inside the spawn, they still have to go out the wom-proofers), as you can sort of see in the picture of the spawn... hang on, that's not a good photo of the spawn now that I look at it. I'm going to change that picture.

As for the lava, the pool is avoidable by runners unless there is no other option available - I could put some stepping stones across or a sort of jumpy thing going above it, though. As with the lava thingo up the top, I have to agree with you. I might sort of alter that slightly with maybe a central platform which has a secondary escape route.

Thanks for the advice, Mars. :)

EDIT: Done! v1.3 now up, pictures updated as well!

MarsKid

Mafia Host
Reaction score
I have nothing left to say without having a test run of this. I'd like to play it one day to see how it works gameplay wise. I like the edits you've made, and I hope this won't be your last map.

• Agree

mariosatr

Imperator Romanus Sacer
Reaction score
Concerning the .lvl file, you get it from the server files. Ask the owner of the server you made it in to give you it. You can also convert a .dat somehow (there is a way), but it still doesn't save the op_air and stuff.

• Informative

Swate

Llamasaur!
Reaction score
Website
www.iamawesome.com
Concerning the .lvl file, you get it from the server files. Ask the owner of the server you made it in to give you it. You can also convert a .dat somehow (there is a way), but it still doesn't save the op_air and stuff.
Oh alright. Thanks :) I made it on WoM Realms, guess I have to go and contact the admin somehow. xD

Marnixxie

Hippo
Reaction score
Swate I have converted your .dat file to .lvl: http://filesmelt.com/dl/Sporadical.lvl

Though I must say that I find it extremely disappointing that the concerning Zombie staff took over 7 months to not come with a conclusion on this map, even rude actually. Swate is a valuable community member for years now and even staffed the concerning server.

Of course I have no idea what happened here in the meanwhile, but 7 months seems really excessive in my eyes. If this map is shit, it is shit, if it is good, it is good. At least a bit more respect to Swate would have been appreciated in my eyes.

But here is the file now, hopefully a decision can be made soon. If the file is not working, please let me know and I will get my own .dat file for this!

• Agree
  • Love
Reactions: ReyvnNova and Swate

Night_Slayer_

Reaction score
You guys and girls dont see this map for its potential.I think that this map is great, Swate .
As a map builder myself,I agree that this map fits all the requirements for a descent Zombie Survival map.
There is plenty of space to run, and if you're being wise about this, there is plenty of room to spleef and outsmart the Zombies. There is a area where you can parkour, and to hide. I know this map is cluttered, but that's what makes this map unique. If all maps were neat, everybody would get bored, and the rounds will stop.

And another factor of this map is it's colourful. If all maps were dull, and made of 1-4 blocks, they will eventually get boring. I agree, Marnixxie ,they should reconsider, and vote on if this map has a future in blocktopia, or not.

• Love

Swate

Llamasaur!
Reaction score
Website
www.iamawesome.com
Swate
Though I must say that I find it extremely disappointing that the concerning Zombie staff took over 7 months to not come with a conclusion on this map, even rude actually. Swate is a valuable community member for years now and even staffed the concerning server.

Of course I have no idea what happened here in the meanwhile, but 7 months seems really excessive in my eyes. If this map is shit, it is shit, if it is good, it is good. At least a bit more respect to Swate would have been appreciated in my eyes.
Thank you so much for the file :). And yes, even though I see 7 months... ehh... was a bit excessive, yes, I'm fine with that. Thanks a lot for the word though, I extremely quite appreciate them. :)

You guys and girls dont see this map for its potential.I think that this map is great, Swate .
As a map builder myself,I agree that this map fits all the requirements for a descent Zombie Survival map.
There is plenty of space to run, and if you're being wise about this, there is plenty of room to spleef and outsmart the Zombies. There is a area where you can parkour, and to hide. I know this map is cluttered, but that's what makes this map unique. If all maps were neat, everybody would get bored, and the rounds will stop.

And another factor of this map is it's colourful. If all maps were dull, and made of 1-4 blocks, they will eventually get boring. I agree, Marnixxie ,they should reconsider, and vote on if this map has a future in blocktopia, or not.
Aha, that is indeed what I made the map to be like. I would love a decision to be made on this, not just for it to sort of stay in suspended animation. If it's accepted, it's accepted. If it isn't, it isn't. 'Tis the way it goes. But I do still have hope for it, I really love it personally.

Adding the .lvl file into the main post. Thanks, guys. :)

Reactions: ReyvnNova