[Solved] Did my thread/post get deleted?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jayfeather

Gay Magician
Donor
Reaction score
Whoah, whoah, whoah. Let's not get hostile here. That goes for both of you.

Currently we're working on anecdotal evidence, i.e. users saying they've had varying amounts of posts deleted for unknown reasons. Would it be possible for the staff to get some numbers in here so we can better judge whether this is even the issue we're making it out to be?

Biblius Kevin_28 rawrmynameisrex
Potentially its not an issue, but the real important idea I'm trying to cement is that we would do it for complete transparency purposes and professionalism because we expect the people giving these warnings to be held to certain standards and we expect to given, even if the shitpost was intentional, what reason user made content is removed by someone other than the user. Mayhap there really is not an issue, I don't have numbers, but there are people who have had posts deleted who may be able to testify.

Pick Yer Poison

is a kid now, is a squid now
Reaction score
Website
itisntrocketscience.tumblr.com
do staff have a deletion quota like some cops do with speeding tickets
More speeding tickets means more money for the police department, so that wouldn't make any sense here. Please don't throw fuel on the fire. Let's wait until we have some official information.

superstein

Ex-Admin
Contributor
Reaction score
Generally our policy is to PM the user why a post was deleted, but I think staff may need a reminder of this and I'll get to that. In some cases, it should be quite obvious why a post was deleted, though we'll try and be less trigger-happy in the future and tell that person anyway.

While katman did not word it in the best way, the point still stands: if you make a post provoking argument, or make a post in a discussion that adds zilch and derails the thread, it may be deleted, so think twice when you post and we'll try to think twice before deleting things in the future.

Currently we're working on anecdotal evidence, i.e. users saying they've had varying amounts of posts deleted for unknown reasons. Would it be possible for the staff to get some numbers in here so we can better judge whether this is even the issue we're making it out to be?

Biblius Kevin_28 rawrmynameisrex
They're right to an extent, large amounts of posts have been deleted recently by various staff. In my opinion however, lots of these posts were deleted for good reason (most completely derailing threads, hostile comments, arguments - the usual stuff), but I understand the frustration of players when their posts vanish in thin air nevertheless.

We will try and be a little more loose in our moderation in the future, but do try and do us a favor and make less work for us. Thanks!

Malcovent

Geezuslike
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
the response is appreciated but can we get some numbers? large can mean anywhere from 50 posts in three months to 1000 in two weeks
I doubt we can, without either trawling through every thread and doing it manually (Which I'm not going to personally devote my NYE to) or without tallying up every deletion from the moderation log.

We noticed a large amount of deletes and reviewed them, some stuck, many deletions were undoned - as of a few months ago policy has been to always notify users why post(s) were deleted, If your post was deleted without a reason - Pm an administrator and they'll look into it.

Y

YouWould

I apologize. My post was completely uncalled for and has been removed.

While katman did not word it in the best way, the point still stands: if you make a post provoking argument, or make a post in a discussion that adds zilch and derails the thread, it may be deleted, so think twice when you post and we'll try to think twice before deleting things in the future.
Thanks for stating it in a better way super.

Status
Not open for further replies.