SMP Zombie Tips

Razinao

:_;
Reaction score
If you can place blocks, use them.

One of the Minecraft PVP laws is that you cannot fight through a one block gap that is at your feet unless you can back away. Therefore, trap the survivor in a 2x1 but leave a gap at their feet, and smack away.

It helps to take attacks from the side. Don't approach head on but strafe to the left/right with the W and D/A keys. Then release the D/A key and spin the mouse 45° to the left to make an attack.

Jayfeather

Gay Magician
Donor
Reaction score
If you can place blocks, use them.

One of the Minecraft PVP laws is that you cannot fight through a one block gap that is at your feet unless you can back away. Therefore, trap the survivor in a 2x1 but leave a gap at their feet, and smack away.

It helps to take attacks from the side. Don't approach head on but strafe to the left/right with the W and D/A keys. Then release the D/A key and spin the mouse 45° to the left to make an attack.
That reminds me.
Keep. The Mouse. On. The Target. You're not going to do any damage flailing at thin air. Follow your fellow spazzy zombie.

NamelessHero

Reaction score
Razinao said:
That reminds me, never, and I do mean Never fight in a narrow corridor. Well you could try, and here is a tip how:

Run at the zombie and pass through him, hitting him. You will most likely take a hit aswell. Turn around as fast as possible and pass through him again, hitting him. Repeat till you die or until you manage to actually kill the confused undead pile of meat.

Pizzamoves

Reaction score
Never hide in a small house. This will get you killed, expecially because you will want to bolt out, then becoming cat and mouse chase. I would reccomend hiding behind a hill, and if you get spotted, just run.
"Speed is the essence of war." Sun Tzu, The art of war
Regarding fighting techniqes, If you ever get trapped, then just run. This will cause confusion, and promotes better chances of survival. Also, for zombies, use the kits as they are supposed to be used. I cannot tell you how important teamwork is to succed. If you're a scout, you're job is to find humans and /h, not to run up like a warrior is supposed to do. Also, the most important thing to do to succeed is to flank. When I go on, I see zombies just keep on chasing humans around. What I do is if i'm a warrior class, then I stop chasing and go to another route. This tactic is good for 2 reasons: 1, the survivor now has a relaxed feeling on him. He thinks he's safe for now. 2, When you do attack, they get alarmed easily, paniking, and usually aim worse. Also, spleef. For attacking with survivors, then refer to namelesshero's post.
Happy hunting,
Pizza

VeryHighUp

Reaction score
My tips

Humans:
-Try not to be in groups, if one the group becomes hunter then I think they get invunerability for 5 seconds, which could allow them to get a kill on another human, it could be you!
-If hiding sneak, because if you are in an enclosed area it hides your nameplate and makes your location unknown (unless you use /locate ;)).
-Try to get a hiding spot with only one possible entrance to it, this is useful because you can fend off zombies that are coming to attack you since you only have to focus on one entrance.
-If you see a hunter and he doesn't notice you then do not attack him, better to go unnoticed then to get a kill and risk hunters learning your location.
-Make good use of the build time (this applies to maps where you can break/remove blocks), do not loiter around waiting for the round to begin, make some weapons, gather resources, get some food.
-Be random, if a group of zombies are attacking you or you are being chased then be random, duck and dive, change direction constantly, being unpredictable would help you get away, if you were to stay in a constant direction you would become predictable and the hunters can manipulate your next move.
-Hide in different places, in a few maps the main hiding places are the first that are attacked by zombies (e.g. the tall building in White Hotel or the huge tree in Forest Frenzy), hiding in more remote places would increase chances of survival.

Hunters:
-Safety in numbers, if you were heading off to attack a group of 3+ people then bring some backup with you, if you go alone there is a strong chance that you will be killed.
-Don't go charging into a group thinking you will kill them all because you have a superior weapon, the humans may surprise you and end up claiming your superior weapon, which may help later in the round.
-Always share the location of the enemy before you go into combat, if you share the location of the enemy before you engage in combat you may have some backup if you were to die, the human may go unnoticed and you might lose the only chance of getting them.

Jayfeather

Gay Magician
Donor
Reaction score
If someone has a sword your strength or lower, and they're trying to kill you. Go after them, in most cases. If it's a one on one you're going to die if you're running, they will eventually hit you, and by that time you have a train after you. Best case is to take them out quickly. (NOTE: TRY TO LEARN THE WHEREABOUTS OF IRON, IT'LL HELP A LOT WITH THIS)

cheatyface

Developer
Developer
Contributor
Reaction score
Surround yourself in cacti and copycat will never find you.

Also, if you play on a bad connection, expect to die every round, regardless of your strategy. I'm on a very bad wireless connection half the time (I bet people see me teleport 5 blocks at a time sometimes) and it's very rare that I even see the zombie coming if I try to hide. If I'm in the open, I can see them from chunks away, but they can see me.

Pokemon365

Reaction score
Here is something. Gold is usually abundant and easy to find. When you find gold make gold nuggets. Then make golden apples. When you see a hunter DONT eat it during battle. Eat it while backing away. He should get to you by the time you can attack with 5 seconds of regeneration. (In camelot as a hunter i mined the gold blocks around the map. I ended up with 50 golden apples. I handed them out at spawn because i had crap connection that day)

Hope this helps.

Roobarb Pie

Geezuslike
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
If survivors are to stay in groups during construction etc., assign each other different jobs to make it go fast. You'll get more done like this.

Assign the most compotent and aware/knowledgable person as leader. DO AS HE SAYS and you will survive (example of a leader: Baker)

LEGOMAN2134

Reaction score
1:look for bad chests but with the best exp i get good swords like a Smite VI wooden sword on fentia bay the best way to fight all the time
2:be a stealth lord in a map with LOTS of buildings hide in a unexpected building with no chests but in a secret zone in there GOODIES are there
3: i never live in most running maps but to be the last human !!!!practice!!!! i sucked at parkour but after countless rounds on primrodia and survival mode i did it and i'm sometimes the last human on abyss
4: Be a NOBODY on maps you see when famous and boss Pvp'ers are humans with you stay as far away from them as possible one example today was we hunters were after a strong group in the water a human with a WOODEN SWORD and no armor was running everywhere all round long and once we finally eliminated the group 1:00 minute left all of us spent the entire time debating if Aod Was Down and 5..4...3...2...1...0 the winner is: (sorry i don't remember your username) he was so flipping happy. I use this sometimes once 5...4....3...2.. LEGOMAN2134 Was Killed By Deggazomboe..1...0 the winners are Lagwarrior and Razino
5: Be a lone wolf on Red tern never stay with a group and have a winning route.
6: When by spawn point and a hunter dies and comes to spawn you hide as good as you can and the hunter normally passes to get the best Pvp'er.
7:in a point when every hunter is after you and you have a bow pick the good ones off 1 by 1.
8: Don't be an IDIOT don't take a bow when you suck at it just use a knockback sword and you'll be fine and if you suck at that and you are in a group be a chef as i like to call the sucker/dumbo that takes all of the items in chests... He probably has arrows and food and swords and Exp bottles.
9:When you are a hunter and you can take the best Pvp'er from above pull a Batman Jump Behind him get the first hit sprint into a shadow and as he runs away prick him with an arrow or get in another hit.
10: ok lastly be smart know the maps know the hiding spots master anti-camp always camp in white hotel.. Last time i checked you can find water in a second.

all of my help is here :D

Reactions: Gameprochampion

Writr

Reaction score
No matter what, work together.

Working together as Humans:
1. Make sure you all have similar-quality gear. If one of you has full iron and another has no armor at all or just leather, the Hunters will target them and kill them first. Spread the gear out and make the entire team difficult to kill, rather than just one person.
2. Not all of you need to charge in with swords. Likewise, make sure at least one person has a sword - if you can balance attacking from a distance with close-combat, Hunters'll have a harder time of things.
3. When building a sky platform, have at least one person checking behind you for Hunters. I've watched good duos/teams fail quickly simply because they weren't paying attention and a few well-placed arrows took all of them out when they could have had someone defending.

Working together as Hunters:
1. Attack en masse. You're stronger as a big ball of death than just a single Hunter, not to mention more terrifying. If you can get a human scared and have them on the run, they'll be more likely to make a mistake and fall off a ledge or something. Attack as a group and slaughter 'em.
2. Use distractions. Sky-towers can be difficult to lay siege to simply because there tends to only be one way up. If you can, have a few hunters assault the tower from the front while others build their way to the back. Take them by surprise and they'll fall quickly.
3. Use /h. When you do that you tell where you are, which lets other Hunters know where a Human might be. Use that to help get Hunters to group together to take down players.
4. Like with humans, spread gear out. A lot of times players will just take the gear of a fallen human and run away with it, but it you already have some decent gear give some back to the person you just killed - after all, they did just become your teammate. A group of well-equipped Hunters is more effective than a single good Hunter and four bad ones.

Likewise, here are some generic tactics as a solo player.

1. Strafe. Strafe strafe strafe strafe strafe. Circling around your opponent keeps them on their toes and prevents them from getting a good hit on you. Even a player with full iron/diamond sword can be slain by a stone sword/no-armor player if he moves quick enough.
2. Hit them off the edge. Sometimes it just isn't worth it trying to tear them apart with your sword. If you have a knockback weapon and they're close to a ledge, hit 'em. You'll still get credit for the death (usually) and it's safer that way.
3. Lower ground is often better than high ground. If you start hitting a player from below, their character sort of jumps up and makes it more difficult for them to hit you, but you can still hit them just the same. Use that to your advantage (however, as a Human, often going up high is a better option)
4. Use the best tools you've got. If you have an iron pickaxe, that'll do loads better than your wooden sword. Likewise, if iron armor isn't available, go with the gold - it wears out faster but still protects you pretty well.