SMP Zombie Tips

Defiant_Blob

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
Donor
Reaction score
As a zombie, kill endermen for pearls. They won't attack back, and that pearl can be used to easily get to survivors. Also, attack in groups. As one person, you won't be able to kill that group of survivors in the tower. However, if 4 hunters barge in at once, you've got a good chance considering everytime you kill a human you get a new teammate.

• Old
Reactions: Cstar and balloon98

Mooglie

The Local Cow
Reaction score
Don't team up with people before the first hunter is chosen. Say if you team up with Player 2 and Player 3 and you all know the plan your going to use and you're right next to eachother but then Player 3 becomes the first hunter and kills everyone in your group.

Friendy

SMP Overlord & Events Manager
Admin
Donor
Survival Staff
Reaction score
On certain maps there is chests that will help a group of survivors survive, don't be greedy by taking all the contents, share them out :)

Reactions: balloon98

Blazingsand

Reaction score
When hiding in high spots, make sure you have some kind of cover. Otherwise a single well aimed arrow could knock you off. When hiding underground, always have at least three ways in/out. Getting stuck in a small room while zombies pour into the door is never fun.

Friendy

Admin
Donor
Survival Staff
Reaction score
*Expanding Onto This*
A good way to learn chests around the map is to follow someone who knows the contents of the chests and where said chests are.
I.E pretending to join a clan, then you just raid them ;)

DarthLego5679

That n00b.
Reaction score
Website
store.steampowered.com
As a zombie, you have the ability to break blocks.
You usually get a powerful bow. Use it.
Always seek to procure a sword. Bows are too slow for melee range.
If you have several good swords/other weapons, share with your fellow zombies. Don't let a human get them all by getting killed.
Team rush. Can clear rooms/pathways fast.

For a Human.
Stay far far away from Razinao/Listings/Raxo when they're zombified.
Conversely, stick close to a good PvP human, and lend a helping hand.
Find the goodies first. (Example: Battle of Endor. Take the bows/arrows/armor quickly)
If a zombie finds you and you've killed it, move. He'll be back with reinforcements.
Be careful when the first Hunter is chosen. Don't be too close to other humans until afterwards.

Probably just repeating/rehashing what's already been said, but eh.

Friendy

Admin
Donor
Survival Staff
Reaction score
As a zombie, you have the ability to break blocks.
You usually get a powerful bow. Use it.
Always seek to procure a sword. Bows are too slow for melee range.
If you have several good swords/other weapons, share with your fellow zombies. Don't let a human get them all by getting killed.
Team rush. Can clear rooms/pathways fast.

For a Human.
Stay far far away from Razinao/Listings/Raxo when they're zombified.
Conversely, stick close to a good PvP human, and lend a helping hand.
Find the goodies first. (Example: Battle of Endor. Take the bows/arrows/armor quickly)
If a zombie finds you and you've killed it, move. He'll be back with reinforcements.
Be careful when the first Hunter is chosen. Don't be too close to other humans until afterwards.

Probably just repeating/rehashing what's already been said, but eh.
Nice list ;)

• Agree
Reactions: balloon98

NamelessHero

Reaction score
Hello!

Some of you may know me. Most of you do not. It does not matter.

Past 2 days(or were they 3) I played some AoD, and I found it a nice sport and a good way to train my rusty PvP skills. The double damage is also quite a challenge(when playing human of course) I am a retro minecraft player, and back in the day bows fired as fast as you can spam the mouse, you could not sprint and there were no critical hits. But in those few minutes I practiced, I picked up a couple of tricks that may help you.

I will mostly post general techniques which apply for both zombies and humans, but mostly looking at the humans, as the double damage zombies do is hard to deal with.

The stair jump stab(kill me I learned it from TF2):
Usually you find yourself being chased by multiple zombies. I'll cover that in a second. But sometimes a single zombie is after you, and you are running like a "excuse me" bitch, because of the double damage. Well I got a nice trick for you. Most of the maps have sections with stairs, or some elevated surface. Go up the stairs and turn around. The zombie should be right at the base of the stairs or further back. Jump up towards the zombie. If executed correctly you will manage to jump over the zombie, deal a crit hit and safely back down without taking damage. After that do NOT run at the zombie, as it may pull the same trick on you. Back out a bit, so that it charges at you. Fire arrows if you have any. If not make sure that both of you are in the same level before attacking again. Charge at the zombie and go past it. Both of you should hit eachother, but you should survive, leaving you to climb the stairs again. Feel free to repeat the jump attack. He is aware that you will do it, but its damn hard to hit you in the air. A nice spin, and the zombie is dead.

Oh and you may take minor fall damage. Walk it off!

The Hoard Killer
Well here you are, alone, 2-3 zombies charging at you. Dear god its over, impossible. Hell no. Zombies have friendly fire enabled(not sure if it was intentional). Run at them and get between them. You can avoid the first hit by shifting left or right. Make sure that you constantly "ring around the rosie" in the pile. While they wave their swords around you will harmlessly be dodging the hits as the other zombies take the damage. Don't forget to swing your sword aswell! Make sure you are not moving in a predictable path, say a straight line. Curl around them, jump a lot, never let them have a clear line of sight. Oh friendly fire is disabled for zombies? Well fear not, as they will still not manage to hit you, as long as there is some other zombie blocking their line of sight.
You may not manage to kill them all, but one or two kills are granted, and you can endlessly laugh at them for dieing.

You are a zombie and have a bunch of humans charging at you? Apply the technique, but make sure you hit them a lot, since you can't rely on friendly fire.

I put them in spoilers since they are pretty darn long. Cheers and happy killing!

EDIT: I would also be very interested in the techniques that the veteran players use on the server(by techniques I mean fighting techniques using the running and the bow charging and stuff, so that I can understand the new mechanics faster) Also lots of love to Razinao, he was a good comrade back then and he is apparently the fear of the server now.

• Love
Reactions: Friendy

Jayfeather

Gay Magician
Donor
Reaction score
Hello!

Some of you may know me. Most of you do not. It does not matter.

Past 2 days(or were they 3) I played some AoD, and I found it a nice sport and a good way to train my rusty PvP skills. The double damage is also quite a challenge(when playing human of course) I am a retro minecraft player, and back in the day bows fired as fast as you can spam the mouse, you could not sprint and there were no critical hits. But in those few minutes I practiced, I picked up a couple of tricks that may help you.

I will mostly post general techniques which apply for both zombies and humans, but mostly looking at the humans, as the double damage zombies do is hard to deal with.

The stair jump stab(kill me I learned it from TF2):
Usually you find yourself being chased by multiple zombies. I'll cover that in a second. But sometimes a single zombie is after you, and you are running like a "excuse me" bitch, because of the double damage. Well I got a nice trick for you. Most of the maps have sections with stairs, or some elevated surface. Go up the stairs and turn around. The zombie should be right at the base of the stairs or further back. Jump up towards the zombie. If executed correctly you will manage to jump over the zombie, deal a crit hit and safely back down without taking damage. After that do NOT run at the zombie, as it may pull the same trick on you. Back out a bit, so that it charges at you. Fire arrows if you have any. If not make sure that both of you are in the same level before attacking again. Charge at the zombie and go past it. Both of you should hit eachother, but you should survive, leaving you to climb the stairs again. Feel free to repeat the jump attack. He is aware that you will do it, but its damn hard to hit you in the air. A nice spin, and the zombie is dead.

Oh and you may take minor fall damage. Walk it off!

The Hoard Killer
Well here you are, alone, 2-3 zombies charging at you. Dear god its over, impossible. Hell no. Zombies have friendly fire enabled(not sure if it was intentional). Run at them and get between them. You can avoid the first hit by shifting left or right. Make sure that you constantly "ring around the rosie" in the pile. While they wave their swords around you will harmlessly be dodging the hits as the other zombies take the damage. Don't forget to swing your sword aswell! Make sure you are not moving in a predictable path, say a straight line. Curl around them, jump a lot, never let them have a clear line of sight. Oh friendly fire is disabled for zombies? Well fear not, as they will still not manage to hit you, as long as there is some other zombie blocking their line of sight.
You may not manage to kill them all, but one or two kills are granted, and you can endlessly laugh at them for dieing.

You are a zombie and have a bunch of humans charging at you? Apply the technique, but make sure you hit them a lot, since you can't rely on friendly fire.

I put them in spoilers since they are pretty darn long. Cheers and happy killing!

EDIT: I would also be very interested in the techniques that the veteran players use on the server(by techniques I mean fighting techniques using the running and the bow charging and stuff, so that I can understand the new mechanics faster) Also lots of love to Razinao, he was a good comrade back then and he is apparently the fear of the server now.
Christ, you'll be an absolute terror on the battlefield if you join the community into AOD. Even more so than Lagwarrior if you figured this all out in just a few days. O_O

EDIT: Here's one that also applies to TF2 when playing a Scout class. Always get the first hit in. As long as you get 3 or (You want 4 or 5 for this usually) hits in with their back turned, they'll won't be able to kill you, even with a diamond sword. It's better if you can hit them into an area where they have to jump to move, like on Pripyat there's places where you either jump one grass block up, or there's a stone brick staircase. If they're standing in the grass, hit them against the elevated grass, they'll more or less get stuck in the position and panic a bit, giving you time to get more hits in before they decide on what to do. ( Alpha102 ;) )

Friendy

Admin
Donor
Survival Staff
Reaction score
Christ, you'll be an absolute terror on the battlefield if you join the community into AOD. Even more so than Lagwarrior if you figured this all out in just a few days. O_O

EDIT: Here's one that also applies to TF2 when playing a Scout class. Always get the first hit in. As long as you get 3 or (You want 4 or 5 for this usually) hits in with their back turned, they'll won't be able to kill you, even with a diamond sword. It's better if you can hit them into an area where they have to jump to move, like on Pripyat there's places where you either jump one grass block up, or there's a stone brick staircase. If they're standing in the grass, hit them against the elevated grass, they'll more or less get stuck in the position and panic a bit, giving you time to get more hits in before they decide on what to do. ( Alpha102 ;) )
The last tactic is very common of mine :3

Alisha

Mafia Host
Mafia Mod
Reaction score
Hee hee. I've got a couple cruel tactics to share.

Jay is right, getting the first hit in is critical, especially if they don't suspect you coming. (P.S. I also did it to Iggy in that same match :p)

As a hunter/zombie, distracting humans is a great tactic for teamwork. Have one person fire at them with a bow, and have another creep up on them. Preferably
in a different direction. Alert other hunters via team chat. This tactic worked for me against The_Phantom.

Also, use enchantment tables to distract hunters while you kill them when they get lured.

A couple maps have placeable cobwebs. Use them to alert yourself when people destroy them. (And they will. It's sooo slowwwwww)