SMP Feedback - Results

Nottykitten

Nomnomnom kitteh!
Reaction score
I honestly don't see how users can disagree with this, you've got to have sense to understand where you are coming from. Unless they didn't read the whole thread properly.
Its because the people that dont want a map reset, disagree with the posts that are for the map reset.

Myself, I do want a reset.
A reset would surely be amazing.
Why, you would think.
Because a new map means new adventures, new people that live close to you, and new wars to be faught.
Since at the moment, I live in CTY, between the aercem, zombe, and lucker base. As said, almost every cave within 1000 blocks around me is explored. And there are no adventures at the moment for me. And this will most likely leave me bored and eventualy not showing up on SMP anymore, and so may others. Leaving the server more empty.
I dont care if all buildings we had build will be gone, as new ones will make place after a reset.

If there would be a map reset there would be new adventures, new people living close to me, there would be new terrain to explore and new fun to have with the friends you are playing with.
Everyone could build new towns and have fun while doing it.

And with 1.3 being here, the reset will "maybe" even be a 1.3 map.
And with that said, alot of things added to 1.3 that can be explored. And would be fun to do on a complete, undiscovered map.

I hope that made sense =S

TubaRiver

Masterful
Donor
Reaction score
I honestly don't see how users can disagree with this, you've got to have sense to understand where you are coming from. Unless they didn't read the whole thread properly.

"Got to have sense?" I'm sorry, but there are beings known as humans present. Which means we all have our own opinions, and honestly this thread has better arguments in which many people disagree on them; for it and for against the reset. I'm not saying it wasn't a good argument, for it was a great argument, and highly thought out, just that's a wrong way to defend it.

Malcovent

Geezuslike
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
If we could stop the debate for a minute (this is why i preferred the opinions to stay anonymous via the voting form)

- Both sides have good points, and we're going to strive to find a solution that will make everyone happy (so far i'm sat at two possible solutions, neither are exactly perfect but we're working on them). Just, try to understand each others points for now and just, get along. Arguing about it will not influence the decision either way so there really is little point to it.

Deadl0ck

Lord of the Rage
Reaction score
Right, since people seem to be flipping their lid over this for no real reason, I think...

I want to point out a number of fairly obvious reasons to reset the map.

1. Desert Temples. (Make a lovely first start of your base, and lootz!)
2. Jungle Temples. (Same.)
3. Emerald Blocks. (Now there's a design posibility!)
4. Less damned water. The map is around 50% water now.
5. Chance to get a mushroom biome.
6. Might actually give another faction the chance of finding (and colonizing) the stronghold. Since Listings' posse had it for 2 maps in a row now.
7. A reset of The End, meaning, THAR BE DRAGONS HERE!
8. It'll coincide with a few other plugins hopefully, that might give a somewhat more promordia-esque feel. (I might imagine, at least.)
8. Other things I can't think of cos it's 4.30 am. But my point, in short, is this: Why on earth would we want to run an outdated server / map that lacks the features of the latest update?

Mind you, all that said, I know for a fact Malcovent is actually still considering what to do, his mind has not yet been made up, and he is british so he might just decide to offer to move bases to the new map. (Though I imagine all chests / furnaces, dispensers, iron and diamond blocks will be removed before such a thing happens, if it will.)

cheatyface

Developer
Developer
Contributor
Reaction score
(Malcovent) is british so he might just decide to offer to move bases to the new map. (Though I imagine all chests / furnaces, dispensers, iron and diamond blocks will be removed before such a thing happens, if it will.)
I actually thought of this about an hour ago and was debating pm'ing the idea to him in case he didn't have that suggestion already. Much like a map reset, there are some pro's and cons. But also much like a map reset, I'll live whichever way it happens.

Also, I do so hope for a tea and crumpets mod. :D

Danni122112

The Drunk
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
I remember some time ago, maybe defiant blob said it, that a server had 2 maps, one for resource gaining that got reset from time to time, and one for everything else. The other map had its own nether, and i would think its own end. To get there maybe do something like /warp Map2 or something. This would solve the resource problem, and players would still keep their buildings. Everyone happy!:)

Nottykitten

Nomnomnom kitteh!
Reaction score
I remember some time ago, maybe defiant blob said it, that a server had 2 maps, one for resource gaining that got reset from time to time, and one for everything else. The other map had its own nether, and i would think its own end. To get there maybe do something like /warp Map2 or something. This would solve the resource problem, and players would still keep their buildings. Everyone happy!:)
But twice as much Lag I believe.

• Agree
Reactions: ConstructionBoy

Defiant_Blob

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
Donor
Reaction score
Resource Map:
Pros:
  • Never run out of resources.
  • New players can get started easier.
  • Encourages more builds with the easier to gain resources.
Cons:
  • Unaware players will build homes inside the map, losing it when the map is reset.
  • How to get there - If players can /warp, then they may abuse this to warp out of PvP or sticky situations (falling in lava). If players must use a central portal, it will discourage far movement, and force players to stay near the center if they want to use it regularly.
  • Decision on PvP or not - If PvP, advanced players will take advantage of new players trying to gain resources. If not PvP - may need new rules to adjust to no-PvP world, and players may just live inside here, using an enderchest as storage, instead of exploring the mainland.
  • May hurt the economy.

Reactions: Duffie

Friendy

SMP Overlord & Events Manager
Admin
Donor
Survival Staff
Reaction score
Resource Map:
Pros:​
  • Never run out of resources.
  • New players can get started easier.
  • Encourages more builds with the easier to gain resources.
Cons:

• Unaware players will build homes inside the map, losing it when the map is reset.
  • How to get there - If players can /warp, then they may abuse this to warp out of PvP or sticky situations (falling in lava). If players must use a central portal, it will discourage far movement, and force players to stay near the center if they want to use it regularly.
  • Decision on PvP or not - If PvP, advanced players will take advantage of new players trying to gain resources. If not PvP - may need new rules to adjust to no-PvP world, and players may just live inside here, using an enderchest as storage, instead of exploring the mainland.
  • May hurt the economy.
If the server was ever to impliment a /warp command it could have a time delay of 5 seconds or so which denies any PvP situations or trying to avoid death. I mean, 5 seconds in lava is death. A /spawn command could work with the same premises as a /warp command with the delay of time.

Defiant_Blob

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
Donor
Reaction score
If the server was ever to impliment a /warp command it could have a time delay of 5 seconds or so which denies any PvP situations or trying to avoid death. I mean, 5 seconds in lava is death. A /spawn command could work with the same premises as a /warp command with the delay of time.
Border yourself up with dirt, then use it. Or when being chased by mobs.

Friendy

Admin
Donor
Survival Staff
Reaction score
Border yourself up with dirt, then use it. Or when being chased by mobs.
I don't see how being chased by mobs wouldn't allow you to use /spawn ? A user can easily just dig a hole or make a dirt box. In PvP situations, doing /spawn could count as PvP logging, I doubt users would create a dirt box while in a pit of lava anyway.

Friendy

Admin
Donor
Survival Staff
Reaction score
Stop arguing, the reason you won't have /spawn, is because when a lion in the zoo escapes and runs after you that there won't be a helicopter after 5 seconds landing to pick you up and take you to safety.
We weren't arguing.

Riketr

Reaction score
I'm with this map reset. I'm terrible at finding diamonds because everybody's already found (most) of them in the area where I am. :help: I also wanna press my luck at finding emeralds :)