SMP - Diamonds

Status
Not open for further replies.

boredchicka

Texan
Reaction score
Long story short, the server pooped on itself and we had an abundance of diamonds.
As it stands right now, there are tons of diamonds out and about (Getting two stacks took about 10 minutes). All the ores have been deleted so, we have two options.

Option Number One- Everyone fesses up. You throw away your diamonds (For example, if you have 100+, and you know you shouldn't have that many). People that do this will be looked upon very highly, in the staff's eyes.

Option Number Two- Turns out we have no honest people anymore, and no one fesses up. Drastic measures will be taken like a map or item reset.

Nonetheless, if we find normal players hoarding tons of diamonds they know were part of the glitch, you can pretty much say goodbye to ever getting a staff rank, and you'll be on a very tight rope. To the staff caught hoarding them, you seriously risk loosing your rank, and will most likely be on an even tighter rope. We aren't going to tolerate dishonesty. At all.

If you know someone who has been hoarding, just alert staff. Feel free to PM Malcovent or I, and it will be kept anonymous. If you are unsure about your own stash, again just alert staff, and we will all be happy to help.

In the mean time, we'll be searching chests so I hope for your sake you all decide to be honest before we find out for you.

• Dislike
  • Agree
Reactions: Ogarci and Iguana

Razinao

:_;
Reaction score
Just as an indicator, me and Namelesshero killing _aperson155_ yielded 256 iron ore and 128 diamonds.
I am prepared to discard both at a single order.

IQD

why we can't have nice things
Contributor
Reaction score
I've gathered just short of a stack (About 60 iirc) and already used it on two sets of armor, one for another person and the other set having been destroyed from usage. The other diamonds were used on a set of tools (Almost dead from usage as well) and a jukebox with about 2 left. Not sure if that means I'm in the clear or not.

boredchicka

Texan
Reaction score
Razinao If you got them in weird veins, where there was just a ton at a time, then just estimate how many you would have gotten from them and discard please! We aren't as worried about Iron but doing what I just stated with both would be awesome.

Clockwork Same as I said for razzy. I'm guessing you got yours fair and square. As long as you didn't find weird veins where you could get a few stacks in under an hour, you're in the clear.

Jolterino

'_>'
Mafia Host
Reaction score
I wanted to PM Malcovent or somebody about this but I just saw this thread.

I've only found about 15 diamonds, I have found a massive chunk of iron though. I will dispose of the iron that hasn't been used yet.

Friendy

SMP Overlord & Events Manager
Admin
Donor
Survival Staff
Reaction score
Iguana
Jammy001

Found your base in the mountain and I saw Diamond blocks inside Iguana's little room, also Jammy001 had Diamond armour so I'm guessing they got their diamonds from weird veins aswell.

Razinao

:_;
Reaction score
Razinao If you got them in weird veins, where there was just a ton at a time, then just estimate how many you would have gotten from them and discard please! We aren't as worried about Iron but doing what I just stated with both would be awesome.
They were obtained from PVP from someone i'm under suspicions got them from invalid veins [inside the mountain].
However I cannot confirm or deny that all 128 were from there.

Marnixxie

Hippo
Reaction score
Iguana
Jammy001

Found your base in the mountain and I saw Diamond blocks inside Iguana's little room, also Jammy001 had Diamond armour so I'm guessing they got their diamonds from weird veins aswell.
If you know someone who has been hoarding, just alert staff. Feel free to PM Malcovent or I, and it will be kept anonymous. If you are unsure about your own stash, again just alert staff, and we will all be happy to help.
I am pretty sure that this is not a shout-out-accusings/suspicions-thread.

boredchicka

Texan
Reaction score
AngelWV What Marn said. If you want to report it, please PM.

Also, Jammy did have diamonds, however he was actually the person to report it.
As for Iguana, I've been helping him out. He's completely out of em. :p

EDIT: IGUANA IS AN AWESOME PERSON AND NEVER EVEN THOUGHT ABOUT THE VEINS. I DIDN'T LIKE EAT HIS DIAMONDS OR ANYTHING BECAUSE HE NEVER EVEN LOOKED AT THE VEINS.

• Haha
Reactions: balloon98

TubaRiver

Masterful
Donor
Reaction score
Yeah, i've noticed people have been getting alot of diamonds from massive veins (by massive i mean 30-60 diamonds in like a single vien) I just knew something was wrong there. Since diamonds should only been in a max vein of 8. That being said, i myself have barely gotten 4 diamonds. (woulda been 5 but stupid troll diamond fell in lava ;-; )

boredchicka

Texan
Reaction score
They were obtained from PVP from someone i'm under suspicions got them from invalid veins [inside the mountain].
However I cannot confirm or deny that all 128 were from there.
Mmmm, As much as I hate to say this, to be on the safe side I'd just get rid of them all, simply because stuff like that can seriously damage the economy.

Iguana

lmao i have a title
Reaction score
AngelWV What Marn said. If you want to report it, please PM.

Also, Jammy did have diamonds, however he was actually the person to report it.
As for Iguana, I've been helping him out. He's completely out of em. :p
Out of them? I've never touched those veins in the crater, you can even hawk the whole crater of the mountain and see no trace of me even seeing diamonds.
I got my diamonds legitly from around the map.

HarmakAnna

Reaction score
So THAT's why I've noticed giant veins of resources... I'll dispose of most of my unused iron, all but one stack of Lapis, and approximately 3/5 of my gold.

And all this time, I thought it wasn't a glitch but actually just extreme luck.

Roobarb Pie

Geezuslike
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
You can check out all my chests, I'm not guilty of anything but hard work. I've got 3 diamond, one diamond pickaxe and several chests filled with stone. That's what you get for mining a 21*21*10 area underground, as well as a lift shaft with cosmetic additions.

Reactions: Friendy and Duffie
Status
Not open for further replies.