SMP - Back in Black

Malcovent

Geezuslike
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
(You have no idea how long i've spent waiting to use that gif..)

So with solitude sitting on the backbench and after asking around the community I decided and got permission to set up an SMP server on my lowly saavy to serve the unruly masses.​
As i speak, the server has 80% of the plugins installed & Configured and the map has been generated. While I could construct an elaborate and heart warming post about "generations of SMP servers, each finely crafted" i'll stick it to you bluntly.​
Whats Different
We're taking it back to basics. Unless its absolutely necessary to facilitate smooth gameplay it isn't included ~ no iConomy, no Voxel Portals, no heroes plugin - Just good old fashioned Minecraft with a few safety bumpers around the edges to stop people wrecking other peoples gameplay.​
Why?
We have a number of Niches covered, which I'll gladly take my hat off to the other Premium HC's and our dearly beloved Asshat for pulling off. But I felt with the demise of primordia (which again, i profusely apologise to the staff for) and with no uptime for solitude in sight, i'd set up an SMP server that had no glitter, no sparkly attractions - it was just a case of log on, build your base with friends, play normal minecraft.
To-Do List with Dates
Sadly I am away starting today and won't return until April 11th, after that it's full speed on this. So this is what still needs doing and dates I estimate i'll have them done by.​
  • Write up the McDocs - 12/13th April​
  • Choose Staff Members from Apps - 13th April​
  • Do more edits to the world map - 13-19th?? April.​
  • Server Up - 20th April.​
So yeah, we're pretty close to uptiming it.​
Who?
For all intents and purpose sand for foreseeable future, I will be running the basic SMP server alongside the friday events and creative events.​
What can I do?

Deadl0ck

Lord of the Rage
Reaction score
<cut to prevent spam> (all Ionia staff i can think of). What do you have to say about this.
Why does it matter?

The taking down of the one has nothing whatsoever to do with the rise of this. This server is going up cos solitude is down, we have the server space, and a server idea we had was getting too convoluted, and too many offsite plugin dependant.

Reactions: DarthLego5679

Numberplay

Reaction score
Why does it matter?

The taking down of the one has nothing whatsoever to do with the rise of this. This server is going up cos solitude is down, we have the server space, and a server idea we had was getting too convoluted, and too many offsite plugin dependant.
I'm asking them because of Ionia. It was a SMP server made because of the end of Primordia and the announcement of no more SMP in Blocktopia. Now, that blocktopia have a SMP again, we need to know what happens with Ionia (in that forum, not here eventually).

Kloud_Strife

TNT Drama Queen
Reaction score
Finally. I never enjoyed primordia enough to become active (or even understood it, really), but this is definitely the thing to get my interest into the Ind- Alph- Bet- WHATEVER IT'S CALLED NOW section of blocktopia servers.

Reactions: Hunter