SirComputer's Rant and Suggestions III

What could be a good counter to...

• Total voters

SirComputer

Rainmaker
Donor
Reaction score
With all of my suggestion threads come a rant, but before we start, I know the vote has recently been, and I have took action to my opinions by stating them in the vote. This vote I am putting in the thread may help the ones who didn't but want to voice their opinion still, or didn't get chance to vote.

Onto the first bit of my rant, a small bit, about Stronghold. Lots of people have been complaining that either the items are OP [in comparison to the Hunter kits], or/and the spawn location is stupid. I seemingly agree with both.

I'll start with the overpowered items. Whilst Hunters get enchanted bows and stone swords, gold armour etc., the hunters are stuck with leather armour and unenchanted stone swords. This leaves with an imbalanced map, as an unenchanted iron sword a certain Airkid got 3 shotted me. How am I supposed to have a chance on someone like him when I have to 7-10 shot him? This could be balanced by making those upping the armour on the Hunters' kit, as it's too easy to get an iron sword on that map. Either that, or remove all the iron.

Next, the spawnpoint. It takes like 1 minute to get to the camping spot at the top, and then you get bombarded by the overpowered stuff from above. 1 minute takes about a fifth of the map time - ridiculous. This could be countered by moving the Hunter spawnpoint to the middle.

Moving on, the second part of my rant - kits. I don't get how you're supposed to win over someone with part-iron and an enchanted stone sword with a fire aspect I stone sword and no armour (map unknown). The kit balance for hunters in relation to the items available in chests is of a lack on half of the AoD maps. This could be countered by a look at the chests and survivor kits on the maps and edit the hunters' kits to a fairer level. A map I'd like to keep the kits as-is is Deadhouse Gates, as at least the Survivors/Hunters are at the same level (no helmet for Hunters countered by Hunter resistance).

Any more stuff you want me to add? Comment below! Remember to vote in the vote.
-SirComputer

Abbreviation Glossary:
OP - Overpowered
UP - Undwepowered

• Confusing
Reactions: Haysagar

Love

Princess ♥
Donor
Reaction score
I do feel that the change of the Spawn area of Stronghold would be a good thing- it turns out being 3 or so levels of useless running, it can lead to loss of hunger and the map has generally no food if you don't know where to look. Though it does, then, lead to wasted map space because everyone goes up, up, up. No one bothers to take the ground-level gameplan due to all the "good" items being at the top areas.

Maybe having more items spread out on the lower levels (there are some chests already but they do not contain much) would make it more worth-while to stay down near the bottom for a bit. I notice you put "The hunter spawnpoint to the middle" and while it would be nice to have two different spawn locations on some maps, the fact of the matter is that no maps in the current rotation have been able to impliment the idea of two different spawnpoints. There can, to my knowledge, only be one set spawnpoint for both Hunters and Survivors. An unfortunate course of events for maps with a lot of climbing such as this.

As for the kits, I do see a lot of unbalance within the kits from time to time (especially on maps such as Reverence where you normally get a wooden hoe- or nothing at all. An infinity bow or a |wood?| sword and some armour, that doesn't really match up well against the Survivors with more over-powered items compared to those kits.) This does ruin the gameplay a bit because it's hard to kill the Survivors unless you get lucky or they are AFK, etc. Then again some of the Survivor kits are more Underpowered than the Hunter's (Acadamy?)

Friendy

SMP Overlord & Events Manager
Admin
Donor
Survival Staff
Reaction score
I do feel that the change of the Spawn area of Stronghold would be a good thing- it turns out being 3 or so levels of useless running, it can lead to loss of hunger and the map has generally no food if you don't know where to look. Though it does, then, lead to wasted map space because everyone goes up, up, up. No one bothers to take the ground-level gameplan due to all the "good" items being at the top areas.

Maybe having more items spread out on the lower levels (there are some chests already but they do not contain much) would make it more worth-while to stay down near the bottom for a bit. I notice you put "The hunter spawnpoint to the middle" and while it would be nice to have two different spawn locations on some maps, the fact of the matter is that no maps in the current rotation have been able to impliment the idea of two different spawnpoints. There can, to my knowledge, only be one set spawnpoint for both Hunters and Survivors. An unfortunate course of events for maps with a lot of climbing such as this.

As for the kits, I do see a lot of unbalance within the kits from time to time (especially on maps such as Reverence where you normally get a wooden hoe- or nothing at all. An infinity bow or a |wood?| sword and some armour, that doesn't really match up well against the Survivors with more over-powered items compared to those kits.) This does ruin the gameplay a bit because it's hard to kill the Survivors unless you get lucky or they are AFK, etc. Then again some of the Survivor kits are more Underpowered than the Hunter's (Acadamy?)

I believe Hunters can spawn at the bottom of the map, and once they die again they can spawn at another set location. This happened on OctopusOfLove.

Sephhh

Supermegauber Foxy Fox!
Reaction score
Website
blocktopia.net
I agree that Stronghold does need a new spawnpoint, since you pretty much need 1.5 minutes to get to the peak of the map. As for the kits, the kits are fine for me, you could just strategically use them to your advantage (eg building a new path behind them, then killing them) and the reason why hunters have kits less powerful than survivors is because I think hunters have more resistance than humans, but I agree some maps do need kit changing ;)

asaechao

─═☆The Blue Bird☆═─
Reaction score
Moving on, the second part of my rant - kits. I don't get how you're supposed to win over someone with part-iron and an enchanted stone sword with a fire aspect I stone sword and no armour (map unknown).
I believe this map is Reverence, not sure about the part-iron part you mentioned because I've never seen iron armor in any of the kits or chests besides the prot 2 iron helmet as part of a kit. That map was supposed to have hunters with invisibility so they could sneak up on survivors (I'm assuming was Guinessis's idea or plan,) but was nerfed of invisibility, not quite sure why.

Proof:
MapName: Reverence
Author: Guinessis
BuildTime: 120
GameTime: 600
WorldTime: 9000
SpawnProtectTime: 5000
WorldWeather: 1
Team0:
SpawnType: 0
SpawnLocation:
==: Vector
x: 25.0
y: 47.0
z: -1.0
ChooseKit: false
OneKitPerRound: false
KitResetTime: 5
BoxChance: 0
MoveFirstHunter: false
FallReduction: 1000
CanDrown: false
Team1:
SpawnType: 0
SpawnLocation:
x: 25.0
y: 47.0
z: -1.0
ChooseKit: false
FallReduction: 0
CanDrown: true
Centre:
x: 0.0
y: 40.0
z: 0.0
WorldSize: 100
SkyLimit: 80
ResetInventory: true
CanUseLocate: true
SurvivorRestrictedPlaceAll: false
SurvivorRestrictedBreakAll: false
HunterRestrictedPlaceAll: false
HunterRestrictedBreakAll: false
MysteryBoxChance: 0
SurvivorRestrictedBreak:
- BEDROCK
SurvivorRestrictedPlace:
- BEDROCK
SurvivorRestrictedBreakEx:
- LONG_GRASS
- BROWN_MUSHROOM
- RED_MUSHROOM
HunterRestrictedPlace:
- BEDROCK
HunterRestrictedBreak:
- BEDROCK
Kit:
HunterFree:
Grovekeeper:
- WOOD_SWORD.KNOCKBACK:1+Grovekeeper's Blade:polished Oak.
- LEATHER_BOOTS.PROTECTION_PROJECTILE:3+Elusive Boots:Fleet of foot.
- BOW.ARROW_INFINITE:1+Bow of the Grove
- ARROW|1
Juggernaut:
Ancient_Titan:
- DIAMOND_HELMET
- DIAMOND_CHESTPLATE
- DIAMOND_LEGGINGS
- DIAMOND_BOOTS
- DIAMOND_SWORD
- BOW
- GRILLED_PORK|16
- WOOL|64
- POTION.8258|1
- POTION.5|1
- POTION.5|1
- POTION.5|1
- POTION.8257|1
- ARROW|64
HunterLeader:
Ancient_Guardian:
- CHAINMAIL_CHESTPLATE+Ancient Chestplate:Worn down by the millenia.
- CHAINMAIL_LEGGINGS+Ancient Leggings:Worn down by the millenia.
- CHAINMAIL_BOOTS+Ancient Boots:Worn down by the millenia.
- STONE_SWORD+Ancient Broadsword:Still sharp.
- BOW.ARROW_INFINITE:1+Bow of the Guardian
- ARROW|1
- ENDER_PEARL|2
- POTION.8257+Will of the Guardian
HunterStart:
Earthshaper:
- IRON_PICKAXE.EFFICIENCY:3+Earthshaper's Pickaxe:Warm to the touch.
- IRON_AXE.EFFICIENCY:3+Earthshaper's Axe:Sings through the air.
Earthtender:
- LEATHER_CHESTPLATE.THORNS:3+Earthtender's Chestplate:Repels the unwelcome.
- LEATHER_LEGGINGS.THORNS:3+Earthtender's Leggings:Repels the unwelcome.
- LEATHER_BOOTS.THORNS:3+Earthtender's Boots:Repels the unwelcome.
- WOOD_HOE.KNOCKBACK:3+Guardian's Touch:Guidance of the Earthtender.
- POTION.8193+Earthtender's Brew|5
- POTION.8229+Earthtender's Vigilance|5
Grovekeeper:
- WOOD_SWORD.KNOCKBACK:1+Grovekeeper's Blade:polished oak.
- LEATHER_BOOTS.PROTECTION_PROJECTILE:3+Elusive Boots:Blessing of the grove.
- BOW.ARROW_INFINITE:1+Bow of the Grove
- ARROW|1
Sunseeker:
- STONE_SWORD.FIRE_ASPECT:2+Sunseeker's Vengeance:Blazes furiously.
- ENDER_PEARL|2
- POTION.16394+Sunseeker's Snare|2
- WEB|8
SurvivorStart:
Medic:
- IRON_HELMET.PROTECTION_ENVIRONMENTAL:2+Medic's Insignia:Sigil of the defender.
- POTION.8193+Medicine|2
- POTION.8229+Heavy Bandages|2
- WOOD_SWORD+Medic's Shortsword:Useful in emergencies.
- BREAD|8
Soldier:
- CHAINMAIL_CHESTPLATE
- GOLD_LEGGINGS
- GOLD_BOOTS
- STONE_SWORD.DURABILITY:1+Claymore:Notched and pitted.
- PUMPKIN_PIE|3
- FLINT_AND_STEEL
- POTION.8197+Field Kit
Ranger:
- LEATHER_LEGGINGS
- LEATHER_BOOTS.PROTECTION_FALL:3+Swift Moccasins:Lightweight!
- BOW.INFINITY:1+Ranger's Longbow:Artfully crafted.
- ARROW|1
- STONE_AXE
- WEB|8
- COOKED_FISH|6
Effects:
Hunter:
Starting:
- INVISIBILITY|1000|1
- SPEED|1000|1

• Agree
Reactions: SirComputer

Mmarz11

Former AoD Dev
Reaction score
I believe this map is Reverence, not sure about the part-iron part you mentioned because I've never seen iron armor in any of the kits or chests besides the prot 2 iron helmet as part of a kit. That map was supposed to have hunters with invisibility so they could sneak up on survivors (I'm assuming was Guinessis's idea or plan,) but was nerfed of invisibility, not quite sure why.

The invisibility was probably removed due to some survivors receiving the invisibility for the entire round.

Fiestaguy

The man with 8 fingers.
Reaction score
Website
thebes.openshells.net
The changing the spawnpoint of Stronghold is a good idea for both survivors AND hunters.
Ofcourse it has to be the middle. if it goes to the top then we would go camp the bottom.
For the survivors. It brings some excitement and pressure into the game, Currently were sitting ducks on the top floor.
We even had a few rounds where the hunters didnt reach the top AT ALL.
About Kits. They're fine as it is currently. AoD is a premium overhaul of the classic zombie.
The original concept was for the hunters to hunt the survivors. Not the other way around.
I do agree, Hiding results in the hunters using /loc. But it has to be atleast some challenge on the maps.
The kits are fine by me, But the spawnpoint on Stronghold REALLY needs to be modified,