Jivvi

Mafia Host
Reaction score
IT'S STILL 2ND OF JUNE OVER HERE, OKAY?
I don't think even fashionably late applies to this
-Here we go!-
Name of map: Rush
Author: Jivvi! (me!)
Size: Squareical - the bottom is 64 from the top, and the middle is in the middle (as long as theres no grass and it plays proberly, I don't really care how big it is =3)
Map boundary: The middle of the middle is in the middle of x: -2616 z: -369
Kits:
Scavenger:
- All kits have Jump Boost 3, Resistance I and Speed I. Survivors also have Hunger -9999 -
There are 6 varieties of kits: Class 1 is an offensive kit, Class 2 is a ranged kit, Class 3 is a defensive kit, Class 4 is a balanced kit, Class 5 is an OP balanced kit for Jugg, and Renegade is a weak balanced kit (scav) The Dark Hunter is given a Class 4 kit, due to it unable to be randomly chosen.
Renegade
-Sharp I Stick
- 16 Snowballs
Class 1
- Iron Sword
Class 2
-Bow
- 64 Arrows
Class 3
-Protection III Diamond Boots
-Extended Strength Potion
Class 4
-Wooden Sword
-32 Snowballs
Class 5
-Iron Sword
-Protection V Diamond Boots
-Extended Strength Potion
-Bow
-64 Arrows
Random or choose kits?: Kits are random, and Hunters retain their kits upon dying
Screenshots: http://imgur.com/a/Sju52
Notes: If possible, could the bedrock blocks be converted to End Crystals? Otherwise, I'll edit the map a bit.
This is a competition map, and it is loosely based off the Howling Abyss stage from League of Legends
Now that I look back a bit, someone could probably make this a lot better (keeping the base design, perhaps, Jivvi!)
Download Link: My map is on BuildBox, in the same plot as /warp Mirador (its a hole in the ground in the corner) The schematic is titled JivviRush, and can be found with all the others
Input File:
Code:
- AIR
HunterRestrictedPlace:
- AIR
HunterRestrictedBreak:
- AIR
Kit:
  HunterFree:
    Renegade:
    - STICK.DAMAGE_ALL:1
    - SNOWBALL|16
  Juggernaut:
    Class 5:
    - DIAMOND_BOOTS.PROTECTION_ENVIRONMENTAL:5
    - IRON_SWORD
    - 373:8265
    - BOW
    - ARROW|64
  HunterLeader:
    Class 4:
    - WOOD_SWORD
    - SNOWBALL|32
  HunterStart:
    Class 1:
    - DIAMOND_BOOTS
    - BOW
    - ARROW|64
    - APPLE|16
    Class 2:
    - BOW
    - ARROW|64
    Class 3
    -DIAMOND_BOOTS.PROTECTION_ENVIRONMENTAL:3
    -373:8265
    Class 4:
    - WOOD_SWORD
    - SNOWBALL|32

SurvivorStart:
    Class 1:
    - DIAMOND_BOOTS
    - BOW
    - ARROW|64
    - APPLE|16
    Class 2:
    - BOW
    - ARROW|64
    Class 3
    -DIAMOND_BOOTS.PROTECTION_ENVIRONMENTAL:3
    -373:8265
    Class 4:
    - WOOD_SWORD
    - SNOWBALL|32

Effects:
    Hunter:
      Starting:
      - JUMP|3
      - SPEED|1
      - DAMAGE_RESISTANCE|1
    Survivors:
      Starting
      - JUMP|3
      - SPEED|3
      - DAMAGE_RESISTANCE|1
      - HUNGER|-9999
If I stuffed up again, I'd appreciate some advice!
:laugh:

Reactions: JKangaroo

Haysagar

AoD Con
Reaction score
Nice looking map. My main concern is the map size. At the current size I don't think it will work that well as an AoD map. The classes look fine. Now looking at how you based it off the howling Abyss map on LoL. It doesn't look like it at all. I know you somewhat based it off of the map but I can't see anything similar with the 2 maps. Best of luck in the competition.

Jivvi

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Nice looking map. My main concern is the map size. At the current size I don't think it will work that well as an AoD map. The classes look fine. Now looking at how you based it off the howling Abyss map on LoL. It doesn't look like it at all. I know you somewhat based it off of the map but I can't see anything similar with the 2 maps. Best of luck in the competition.

Agreed. The map ended up evolving to a ridiculous extent.
Hopefully the map will be big enough to play well!

Thanks for the feedback!

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Basically what jammy said; the size concerns me. I suggest making it bigger.
I like the kits, I went with the same sort of idea with WestfireSchool.
But, again like Jammy said, this map to me looks nothing like the game you have based it on. To me it looks like you are just making random maps and then quickly finding a game it could possible link to in the slightest way :p So unless you can find some better evidence for me, maybe find a picture of this bit of the LOL map and not just the path, this can't enter the competition.
As for the input file, it seems you have only pasted in half of it haha! Do you still have the other half saved or shall I do it? :p
It's a -1 from me at the moment.
But thanks for submitting a map!

Jivvi

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Dammit, and I don't even still have the file. :mad:
Similarly to the other sub, I'll be with drawing this map from the comp too, as, just like the other one, it's drifted way too far away from the original concept.
My hopes were honestly highest for this one, but oh well!

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Okay, after the update the map looks a lot better, well done! Are you still working on the input file or? :)
I'm going to lean to a +1 now. I think the gameplay will be fun, it reminds me a bit of platforms but a lot safer :)
Thanks.

Jivvi

Mafia Host
Reaction score
If possible, I'd like the bedrock blocks to have endercrystal entities placed on them. This will add a whole bundle to the gameplay, and I think I forgot it before in the inital post. Endercrystals explode quiet violently when poked, and so Survivors or Hunters can use this to their advantage, because upon the crystals being struck or shot with a bow from a distance, it will most likely, on most of the platforms, blow all nearby players off their feet!

• Creative
Reactions: Infected_alien8_

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
If possible, I'd like the bedrock blocks to have endercrystal entities placed on them. This will add a whole bundle to the gameplay, and I think I forgot it before in the inital post. Endercrystals explode quiet violently when poked, and so Survivors or Hunters can use this to their advantage, because upon the crystals being struck or shot with a bow from a distance, it will most likely, on most of the platforms, blow all nearby players off their feet!
That idea sounds fun :D But be careful not to put too much of them everywhere, or it could get annoying and too hard to survive :p

Haysagar

AoD Con
Reaction score
AoDPrem, Jivvi is resubmitting this map again please review the map again as he has made some changes. Jivvi it would also help if you updated the screen shots. For the map I'm still not sure about it. Ya you have it where it's like any original map on AoD but it's going to be more of who ever can hit the person with the most knockback to win a fight. If anything this would remind me of a tag map and I believe you didn't want this to become a tag map? Sorry but going with a 0

Jivvi

Mafia Host
Reaction score
AoDPrem, Jivvi is resubmitting this map again please review the map again as he has made some changes. Jivvi it would also help if you updated the screen shots. For the map I'm still not sure about it. Ya you have it where it's like any original map on AoD but it's going to be more of who ever can hit the person with the most knockback to win a fight. If anything this would remind me of a tag map and I believe you didn't want this to become a tag map? Sorry but going with a 0
Yeah, I was thinking about adding in knockback to most of the kits, and the endercrystals will also clear any given pillar of all players standing on, so either sucidng into the endercrystals or shooting them from afar will benefit the Hunters greatly; also the Survivors, but not quite as much.

Okay, done some testing with my Guinea Pig Pigs, and I've settled on giving all (or at least most) weapong one level of knockback, and the bow one level of punch. I thought default kb might be enough for most of the platforms, but as usual, I was wrong :roflmao:

Okay, done some testing with my Guinea Pig Pigs, and I've settled on giving all (or at least most) weapong one level of knockback, and the bow one level of punch. I thought default kb might be enough for most of the platforms, but as usual, I was wrong :roflmao:

Edit:
Here we go: screenshots!
http://imgur.com/a/FmH0k

Posts merged. Jivvi instead of creating a new post every few minutes please use the [Edit] button. - Damer
Gotcha

ealev

Leafy Op
Reaction score
I actually think this could be really fun. My main concern at first was the size (and things for the competition), but both of those have been eliminated. I'll give a +1, I'm interested to see how it works. ;)

Baker93

Alkaqube
Reaction score
Apologies for the inexcusably long time it has taken for me to respond to this. I am sad to say that this map has not been accepted into rotation. Although the aesthetics are certainly there, the map seems very small and restricted. Feel free to make edits, perhaps expand the map and resubmit it however!

Declined for now, sorry!

Status
Not open for further replies.