• Posts in this section do not count towards your post count.

Riddles game

Dess

The UmbreOp
Reaction score
Basically what the title said. You post a riddle trying to stump the other person. A person will win if their riddle can go unanswered, if that happens they chose another riddle. If a riddle is answered then the person who got it right first choses the riddle.
RULES
1: DO NOT USE GOOGLE
2: NO OTHER FORMS OF CHEATING
3:Before announcing a riddle as unanswerable, wait 3 days. This way people don't just say "I'm stumped" so they can post their own.
4:No answering riddles you already know the answer to. Let people who haven't heard of the riddle answer it.
Score
1: Dessern5-5
2:Vati180-4
3:mactarvish-3,, Mmarz11-3, zezmi-3, JKanagaroo-3
4: Baker93-2, james81818-2, Ooglie101-2, Swate-2 hihihilolHI-2, Damer_Flinn-2, shadowdragoon-2
5: Defiant_blob-1,Darthlego5679-1,Mevgin-1, Paceboys-1, Marlem-1, Mach9824-1, ejaworski24-1, Prizyms-1, ChronosStar524-1, Bernerbear13-1, ealev-1, foxarama-1, mythelf-, Old_Man_Oak63-1

Riddle:
Often I must war against the wave and fight against the wind; I contend against them combined, when, buried by the billows, I go to seek the earth; my native land is strange to me. If I grow motionless I am mighty in the conflict; if I succeed not in that they are stronger than I, and straightaway with rending they put me to rout; they wish to carry off what I must keep safe. I foil them in that if my tail endures and if the stones are able to hold fast against me in my strength. Ask what is my name.

Defiant_Blob

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
Donor
Reaction score
Rules I suggest:

Before announcing a riddle as unanswerable, wait 3 days. This way people don't just say "I'm stumped" so they can post their own.
No answering riddles you already know the answer to. Let people who haven't heard of the riddle answer it.

Swate

Llamasaur!
Reaction score
Website
www.iamawesome.com
Riddle:
Often I must war against the wave and fight against the wind; I contend against them combined, when, buried by the billows, I go to seek the earth; my native land is strange to me. If I grow motionless I am mighty in the conflict; if I succeed not in that they are stronger than I, and straightaway with rending they put me to rout; they wish to carry off what I must keep safe. I foil them in that if my tail endures and if the stones are able to hold fast against me in my strength. Ask what is my name.
At a guess, would it be a river? o.e I have no idea, I'll have to think about the riddle for an hour or two xD

Swate

Llamasaur!
Reaction score
Website
www.iamawesome.com
No.. if I grow motionless I am mighty in the conflict.. somehow I think that line is the clue to the answer. I guess water/rain isn't the answer as pointed out, though I can see why we guessed water.

Alright, it seeks the earth. It's attracted to the earth. No. The earth.. an object below? A magnet, maybe? No, that doesn't explain the other parts of the equation. It's obviously something involved with the elements, judging by the items and things in the riddle.

Grr.. alright so if it stays still it benefits the fight? No, conflict means fight, uhh.. war? Battle. Skirmish! Alright, so the conflict is a battle, and battles obviously have sides, usually two. So two things warring against one another. We all think the answer is water, and a group of us can't just coincidentally come up with an identical answer. Ah! One person even said ship! The sides of the conflict! They're not people, one of them is WATER. But the other..a current? Obviously some opposing force. Maybe.. no! One person said a ship! It's the battle between the water and a ship. IF IT GROWS MOTIONLESS, IT HELPS THE SHIP AGAINST THE WATER. HO YEAH. AND ALSO, "and if the stones are able to hold fast against me in my strength." THE STONES. AT THE BOTTOM OF THE OCEAN. YES!

Something that aids water against a ship.. no, a ship against water. And it involves the stones/earth at the bottom of the ocean. I think I may have it...

Is it.. an anchor? :) It seems the only logical answer I can come up with.

• Agree
Reactions: Hahaha00000

Swate

Llamasaur!
Reaction score
Website
www.iamawesome.com
Hooray :D
I can't post a riddle just now, I'm just checking the forums before I go off to school.
I'll have a riddle here in maybe 7 hours, if the thread can wait that long :\
Or if you want you could do another to kick the game off. I'm fine with that. :)

EDIT: Alright. A man is found dead on an island, with the only evidence being a phone and a smashed bar of metal. What happened to him?

Shinyshark

Professional innuendo creator/finder.
Reaction score
The smashed bar of metal was shoved right up his nostrils causing this man to sneeze. The man sneezed so loudly because of the size of the object that the phone caught the vibration and read it as a phone number. '0346-325412, Nuclear launch code detected.' The phone automaticly redirected the signal to the U.S. Goverment which caused a code red in the Pentagon. President Obama was evacuated to a safe place and the land was alarmed that they would only have two hours to live. In the meanwhile the FBI went to the island where the man was still sneezing because of the smashed bar of metal. The FBI shot without any questions asked, leaving the dead man on the island. No evidence was found in this case except for the phone, still silently vibrating and the smashed bar of metal; with a faint hint of snot.

that's what happened, don't ask me how I know though.

Shinyshark

Professional innuendo creator/finder.
Reaction score
He called Billy mays and tried to sell him a stainless bar of metal, to which Billy said "Let's see if it don't stain now, bitch." Billy slapped the shit out of the guy and blood was everywhere, including on the pipe. The man was in a near death situation begging him for his life. Billy mays ignored him and said, with a creepy smile: "But wait, there's more." and delivered the final blow. Remember kids, always test your products before you buy them!