REVIVAL OF MAFIA: Dire Streets {(OVER: FENCE WIN + town)}

Status
Not open for further replies.

sessybessy

aka Jenben101
Creative Staff
Survival Staff
Reaction score
I think the protestor is correct in their statement.

But people have their opinions so whatever. (sound like a grumpy teen there)

My thoughts on why protestor is most likely correct.
We are slightly derailing the thread, accusations as well as other things lead to this. Mars has also requested that we calm down on the negative posts, the protestor is now backing up that request so people will hear it. We just need to start thinking more and leave some unnecessary situations behind, cough cough.

Whatever you choose to believe in my opinion, if you want to believe that protestor is wrong in this case then go ahead but I personally believe that they are correct.

superhalo6

Reaction score
I think the protestor is correct in their statement.

But people have their opinions so whatever. (sound like a grumpy teen there)

My thoughts on why protestor is most likely correct.
We are slightly derailing the thread, accusations as well as other things lead to this. Mars has also requested that we calm down on the negative posts, the protestor is now backing up that request so people will hear it. We just need to start thinking more and leave some unnecessary situations behind, cough cough.

Whatever you choose to believe in my opinion, if you want to believe that protestor is wrong in this case then go ahead but I personally believe that they are correct.
I'm going to vouch for Geekenstein on this one, while my opinion doesn't hold much weight (as a new player) I have the feeling they had just been a new player who was confused and rather worried regarding the fact they got lynched because of a joke vote on Day Zero, but whatever, I can't absolutely prove innocence for them

• Thank You
Reactions: sessybessy
D

Deleted member 4601

Still thinking about poe's death - even though he was the only person who didn't talk on the zeroth day, I feel like Poe wasn't killed by the drifter because he was inactive, rather because he was killed for the sake of, well, killing Poe. Someone who's close to Poe, that is.

I could list out a few people who meet that criteria based on my prior knowledge (AoD players in general) - Vatumok, Geekenstein, Friendy

That's just what I think it is, based on the assumption I made.

sessybessy

aka Jenben101
Creative Staff
Survival Staff
Reaction score
I could list out a few people who meet that criteria based on my prior knowledge (AoD players in general) - Vatumok, Geekenstein, Friendy
Even if I wanted to kill poe, I wouldn't in this situation. He held no valuable information as he didn't reply to the thread, not even a check in message. If Poe was going to make a breakthrough that would throw the town way ahead then the strategy would to be kill of poe.

I'm not entirely sure why poe was killed.

(didn't know I was deemed an Aod player :p)

D

Deleted member 4601

Even if I wanted to kill poe, I wouldn't in this situation. He held no valuable information as he didn't reply to the thread, not even a check in message. If Poe was going to make a breakthrough that would throw the town way ahead then the strategy would to be kill of poe.

I'm not entirely sure why poe was killed.

(didn't know I was deemed an Aod player :p)
*ahem*

Your signature

*ahem*

hipmeow

Reaction score
i know it seems like im litterally only going after friendy but... cmon if we look at what mulbery said he could of killed poe and people are saying that someone who voted against geek are scum and hes also there. i feel like this is really weak reasoning to accuse him but thats quite a few things pointing to him

Ltin

Mafia Host
Reaction score
i know it seems like im litterally only going after friendy but... cmon if we look at what mulbery said he could of killed poe and people are saying that someone who voted against geek are scum and hes also there. i feel like this is really weak reasoning to accuse him but thats quite a few things pointing to him
Are you responding to some specific (or general) accusation or just bringing this up out of the blue?

Timdood3

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Still thinking about poe's death - even though he was the only person who didn't talk on the zeroth day, I feel like Poe wasn't killed by the drifter because he was inactive, rather because he was killed for the sake of, well, killing Poe. Someone who's close to Poe, that is.

I don't think that's a very good argument, but let's say it is for the time being.
1) Usually the players who want to kill their friends are either immature, new to the game, or both. That eliminates Vatumok. (And Ltin since he just ninja'ed his way into this post)
2) Geekenstein is probably a townie, given how emotionally she's been playing. Townies new to the game tend to act- well, like geek has, when targeted. However, mafia members (and SK, in this case) tend to go to personal attacks, which geek has not done. This doesn't clear her completely, but it's a step in the right direction.
3) Friendy....I'm not trusting of him. He's not helping the town in any apparent way. Almost all of his posts have been jokes. Now, your argument isn't exactly damning...Or even evidence, since it's totally reasonable for an SK to just kill off an inactive player Night 1....But I'm not going to be defending him in the foreseeable future unless people are just throwing bad arguments at him (like I defended Road Day 0)

Friendy

SMP Overlord & Events Manager
Admin
Donor
Survival Staff
Reaction score

That's actually a very valid point, it is odd that he specifically was killed out of everyone considering he hangs out with our group (seeing as he's picked on for the banter) - saying that it can just be that he was picked randomly by whoever killed him and I do agree that it puts myself and Vat under the spotlight, but not Geek.

And assuming that only mafia members go on attacks is narrow minded, because as far as I can see nobody has "personally" attacked Geek that even insinuates in any way that they're a mafia member, the whole "Geekenstein is mafia illuminati confirmed" was a joke to give me a feasable reason to vote for Geek as I felt like she was mafia as she was acting weird, though seeing as things have been brought to light, I'm un-voting from Geek.

Unvote

One thing I will say however, is that I do not trust timdood3 due to the fact he's very experienced in playing this game, so he knows how it works and what to look out for and avoid, so if is mafia then he'd be all too good at hiding it.

Ltin

Mafia Host
Reaction score
"Geekenstein is mafia illuminati confirmed" was a joke to give me a feasable reason to vote for Geek
You used a joke to validate a serious vote...

One thing I will say however, is that I do not trust timdood3 due to the fact he's very experienced in playing this game, so he knows how it works and what to look out for and avoid, so if is mafia then he'd be all too good at hiding it.
Tim does this make you the new GmK?

• Agree
Reactions: sessybessy

Timdood3

Mafia Host
Reaction score
In all of the games I've played...I've been mafia exactly once. And even then, I was third party that was included in the mafia and tried to help the town win.
And I'll just say...This game is no different. I'm very good at town play because I've always been town. I wouldn't be very good at hiding as a mafia because I'd stumble over my words, overthinking what a townie would say instead of just playing the game.
But being experienced also means I know how to catch out a mafia ;3

Please, I could never reach the level of that glorious bastard.

Friendy

Admin
Donor
Survival Staff
Reaction score
You used a joke to validate a serious vote...

Well it was day 0, I only held on to my vote while all of the accusations were being thrown around as it made sense of what was being said, but seeing as the counter-arguments appear to clear Geek, then I'm more than happy to withdraw my vote - I'd be more concerned over those who haven't.

Ltin

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Well it was day 0, I only held on to my vote while all of the accusations were being thrown around as it made sense of what was being said, but seeing as the counter-arguments appear to clear Geek, then I'm more than happy to withdraw my vote - I'd be more concerned over those who haven't.
It's not so much THAT you voted, its how you needed to validate your initial vote, and decided to do so with a joke (which in turn led me to believe your vote WAS a joke).
That tells me that you had no basis for your vote, and were voting randomly.
I went back and checked what you said in your actual vote post, which was this:
I still think Geek is suspicious because she's so keen on nobody being lynched.. hmmm.. she's also a big noob and noobs get lynched

Unvote

Vote Geekenstein
so keen on nobody being lynched might be a good reason to vote, but i wouldn't say geek was "keen" on no lynch.
Friendy and Geekenstein

Why do you want to lynch someone, possibly innocent, so badly?
We don't really know who is who, I say we wait for now
There is no one we can say is definitely a threat so we should just wait and see tbh
Notice geek didn't actually say no-lynch, just wait. At the time (the post directly preceding your vote, so it could have been a ninja) the only player to have voted no lynch was road.

Of course lynching someone because they are a noob is also not a great idea.

Friendy

Admin
Donor
Survival Staff
Reaction score
It's not so much THAT you voted, its how you needed to validate your initial vote, and decided to do so with a joke (which in turn led me to believe your vote WAS a joke).
That tells me that you had no basis for your vote, and were voting randomly.
I went back and checked what you said in your actual vote post, which was this:

so keen on nobody being lynched might be a good reason to vote, but i wouldn't say geek was "keen" on no lynch.

Notice geek didn't actually say no-lynch, just wait. At the time (the post directly preceding your vote, so it could have been a ninja) the only player to have voted no lynch was road.

Of course lynching someone because they are a noob is also not a great idea.
Well after I posted that, she then became keen on lynching, but yeah.

• Confusing
Reactions: Infected_alien8_
Status
Not open for further replies.