Status
Not open for further replies.

Friendy

SMP Overlord & Events Manager
Admin
Donor
Survival Staff
Reaction score
Analizing the way it's written there is honestly only one person I can think it being. But I'm not gonna tell.

Also I just realized, much like the Politician, the Protestor can self-claim. That'll be good later on for sure. However both the Politician and Protestor shouldn't self-claim right now because that would only narrow the possibilities of who can be Doctor/Cop for the Mafia. And those are more important.
Yeah I'm fairly certain I know who they are too, though nobody knows each-others roles so it doesn't really narrow it down at all, the mafia doesn't know who else is mafia.

Ltin

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Wasn't there a game where there was some sort of role like that and I was like "I'm pretty sure this is tim" and everyone (it might have been in an Inn idk) was like "yea mhm that makes sense" and then it was not tim. I want to say caf was there but I'm not sure.
Don't be sure sure. You probably all think it's someone else.
In conclusion

Are you think what I'm thinking? (tacos)

Yes (potatoes)

I feel like this was more important in my head.

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
that word triggers me when thinking about the russian mafia game
*shudders*
(remember when i binged over the garden wall one night to try and get context on the potatoes hahah good times)
pff you might have been attacked on that game but AT LEAST YOU DIDN'T WEED OUT WHO THE MAFIA WAS, ATTEMPT TO KILL THEM USING POTATO BOMB AND OOPS TURNS OUT DUFFIE THE JAIL PERSON ALSO HAD THE SAME IDEA AND WOOPS WE KILLED EACH OTHER AND THE MAFIA STILL LIVED ON TIL THE END OF THE GAME BECAUSE NOBODY EVER KNEW WHAT HAPPENED AHHHH

I'm angry because prole think it's okay to attack others whend they've been told to stop.

I'm sick and tired of hearing your crap
I don't want to sound insulting or anything here but I just want to make sure you know that nobody here is actually taking the game super serious - anyone poking you or putting suspicion on you aren't actually feeling angry or laughing at you or anything in real life, everyone knows it's just a game and nobody is going to think of this moment as anything but "i thought geek was mafia in that game". It's just the aim of the game, like in RoF it's to build and survive, in this it's to poke at people and find out who the mafia are, it's all in good spirit <3

• Haha
Reactions: Duffie

Ltin

Mafia Host
Reaction score
I'm angry because prole think it's okay to attack others whend they've been told to stop.

I'm sick and tired of hearing your crap
You need to realize that that's kinda the point of the game. You may know you are innocent, but we don't, and questioning is how we determine that.

Here is a scenario.

P1(Town player):player fnf, you are mafia!

PF(mafia): no I'm not don't accuse me please

P1: OK sorry

Mafia wins. Oops.

Samlen

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Holeybeejeebus this day exploded. glad I managed to catch up. But yeah the whole geek thing still feels like a transition from excited -> Panic -> Loss of interest in game, all because of being the center of 'negative' attention. I believe this, logically, the what most new mafia players would go through, regardless of whether or not they are town or mafia. I'll have to stew over this for a bit longer before I figure out concretely whether I believe geek is mafia or not because it is such a mess.

But Geek, please take this game lightheartedly. It might help if you take a break for 12-24 hours and go do something relaxing before coming back. In game, it CAN get pretty aggressive, but that's because we understand that it IS just a game, that we are all here to try and have fun/win.

MarsKid

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Votecount:
Geekenstein = 5(Friendy, Notme, Ooglie101, Infected_alien8_, Nottykitten)
Infected_alien8_ = 1(Vatumok)

19 players, 10 needed at least to achieve majority

I'd like to discourage the usage of negative ratings as well please.

hipmeow

Reaction score
like i said day 0 i feel like friendy is scummy. a lot of his posts are pretty short which makes me feel like he is trying to mitigate any chance of him saying something suspicious. (idk if this is a good reason but hey something rubs me the wrong way about him)

vote Friendy

Notme

Self-Aware Forum AI
Reaction score
Website
escaperestart.com
"After reading the uproar on this thread I'd like to put my opinion in on this situation.

Geekenstein is innocent. Her behaviour is that of a newer player. Her excitement to be playing her first mafia game made her bandwagon with another member of our team. Out of the blue people begin to attack and she panicked and fought back with any excuse she could grab.

For those of you who still belive that Geekenstein is a mafia member then you should go over your decision and study the behaviour of new players.

Excitement and panic got the best of the player and made her brush off as a mafia member.

Instead if attacking her, perhaps you should help her clean up the mess that this thread had become?

By arguing you're only making it worse. So clear up the mess and move on.

-Protestor."
Okay quick question everybody:
What do you think about this post?
Remember one of townies has Protester role, so this is a thing.
Post is from 14th page, nr. 345

Dessern5
Nottykitten
Ltin
Samlen
Mulbery
Ooglie101
The Road to Ruin
superhalo6
Timdood3
Friendy
Runemen4
Geekenstein
Duffie
webpaige
Infected_alien8_
Vatumok
Ltin
CaffeinatedKitty

sessybessy

aka Jenben101
Creative Staff
Survival Staff
Reaction score
I understand that people are trying to give me advice but it's not helping.

This game got really aggressive and out of hand quickly and I tried to catch up. I mainly did a tl;dr thing for most posts because people want to write four paged essays on what their opinions are.

For this I'm just going to not vote for a day or so and re-read posts to find who I think are suspicious.
Hipman did mention a good point about friendy and his short posts, I'm thinking that vatumok may be town but I'm not entirely sure at this point.

Friendy

SMP Overlord & Events Manager
Admin
Donor
Survival Staff
Reaction score
like i said day 0 i feel like friendy is scummy. a lot of his posts are pretty short which makes me feel like he is trying to mitigate any chance of him saying something suspicious. (idk if this is a good reason but hey something rubs me the wrong way about him)

vote Friendy
Well other than myself being quite busy hence the short posts I'm not really sure that is grounds to make a reasonable excuse to lynch me, I mean I find it quite disturbing that you are so keen to lynch me of all people after everything that's been said which I find quite suspicious in itself.

Timdood3

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Wasn't there a game where there was some sort of role like that and I was like "I'm pretty sure this is tim" and everyone (it might have been in an Inn idk) was like "yea mhm that makes sense" and then it was not tim. I want to say caf was there but I'm not sure.
Don't be sure sure. You probably all think it's someone else.
Huh? .....Huh??
I don't remember this happening.

Now I'm more inclined, that Geek is just random confused newbie townie.

I'll delay death by lynch :p

unvote
Why did you italicize "Death"?

• Agree
Reactions: Nottykitten

TheProtestor

Reaction score
"Is there reason to assume who is who at this point?

We are in day 2 and the thread has already blown up like a balloon, or a bomb. We just need to calm down and get along with each other and the town can win.

If we continue this argument then mafia members will be able to know who is townie and who isn't, also finding who to lynch. My advice is to work with each other and agree.

Also, calm down on those negative ratings. Absolutely no reason to keep using them like that.

We also need to quit accusing people, we're making matters worse.
'He did this and she did that' petty ways of lynching people.

If you want to vote, have a valid opinion and things such as quotes to back you up. We have all learned from the Geekenstein situation, haven't we?

-Protestor."

• Optimistic
Reactions: Notme

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
vote Dessern5

I am still not convinced you aren't a Mafia member using your knowledge of Geekenstein being innocent to seem Town, and I have been convinced that Geekenstein IS innocent for now so for now I'm placing my vote on you.

Ltin

Mafia Host
Reaction score
I found it Tim. It was SCP, in an Inn.

Hey protestor, you realize mafia know who isn't mafia by process of elimination right? And how am I supposed to vote someone without accusing them?

Also FYI many people use mobile at least partially, so if you think you are getting some message across from rating posts, there is a good change you're wrong.

• Thank You
Reactions: Friendy
Status
Not open for further replies.