[Req] A Blocktopia Adventure Map!

brandonn_c

Reaction score
I don't have any sort of rank but can I help?

Edit: I would like to help with either building or storyboard, redstone engineering is not my forte.

Iguana

lmao i have a title
Reaction score
Alright, I got my general "team" and mainly recruiting from Teamspeak, but I got a question for you...

Who in the Blocktopia community should become an NPC in the map? What would their role be in the map as well?

Baker93

Alkaqube
Reaction score
Alright, I got my general "team" and mainly recruiting from Teamspeak, but I got a question for you...

Who in the Blocktopia community should become an NPC in the map? What would their role be in the map as well?
Good question, Jammy perhaps? A maverick armourer ready to kit you out in all the stuff you need for the adventure ahead of you? Or perhaps even the crazy doctor...that's right, Shinyshark, providing advice as well as potions to aid you along the way?

Malacath

God of Orcs & Destruction
Reaction score
Iguana

I'm ok with redstone and can make some nice traps / puzzles / lock systems / doors. If you need me on your team, ehm, go ahead and add me and I'll work!

Iguana

lmao i have a title
Reaction score
You guys have to remember, you have to be regularly on Teamspeak for me to even consider you, because a lot of the work will be done whenever we're all on, and it's much easier to communicate while on Teamspeak.

Reactions: 1 person

Malacath

God of Orcs & Destruction
Reaction score
You guys have to remember, you have to be regularly on Teamspeak for me to even consider you, because a lot of the work will be done whenever we're all on, and it's much easier to communicate while on Teamspeak.
I don't have a headset so I guess it's not practical to have my in that team, hmm, am I right?

HadesHunter

Reaction score
Ok, one thing:

The story should probably be done BEFORE building is started. It's like building a house; you need some plans before you start building.

So should brandon and I get the story started before building? The builders would have a much easier time of... Building..

I have a good idea right now:

A warrior (Or group of warriors) from a small island set in Ancient Greek times set out to sabatoge their enemies' plans in conquering their home. What say you, Iggy, yea or nay?

Baker93

Alkaqube
Reaction score
Ok, one thing:

The story should probably be done BEFORE building is started. It's like building a house; you need some plans before you start building.

So should brandon and I get the story started before building? The builders would have a much easier time of... Building..

I have a good idea right now:

A warrior (Or group of warriors) from a small island set in Ancient Greek times set out to sabatoge their enemies' plans in conquering their home. What say you, Iggy, yea or nay?
If you take a look at the first page, you will see that Iggy has already developed a basic plot for the map. This does actually provide enough info to gain an idea of themes etc for buildings and as such, construction has already begun.

brandonn_c

Reaction score
I reckon it should be a modern storyboard. Say, each op+ has the option to begin a company, whether it be a mob, a police station, supermarket, bounty hunters, etc. then if the op+ chooses to leave the company and give another person the head of that company that can. Then when a player begins they can choose a job. If this is a selected storyboard, there would have to be a, well... everything.

Edit: I think we should add a supernatural element if we did this idea, so we could make mysterious temples with lots of redstone puzzles and traps. Possibly mysterious modern legends. Basically, I don't think there should be a set story line that players have to follow, because that would seem a bit boring for some people.

Iguana

lmao i have a title
Reaction score
I reckon it should be a modern storyboard. Say, each op+ has the option to begin a company, whether it be a mob, a police station, supermarket, bounty hunters, etc. then if the op+ chooses to leave the company and give another person the head of that company that can. Then when a player begins they can choose a job. If this is a selected storyboard, there would have to be a, well... everything.

Edit: I think we should add a supernatural element if we did this idea, so we could make mysterious temples with lots of redstone puzzles and traps. Possibly mysterious modern legends. Basically, I don't think there should be a set story line that players have to follow, because that would seem a bit boring for some people.
The only definitive goal then would be pointless grinding, which is stupid and a part of Minecraft that I hate. I want to encourage exploring and fighting mobs, and I want people to venture out beyond the reaches of the town. The only reasons someone would be in the town would be restocking, and accepting quests, not fighting a supermarket and trying to win it over. As interesting as modern era stories are, I like to stick with the classic medieval theme, with only a twist on the story, in which this case, you are the "bad guy".

Reactions: 1 person

Shinyshark

Professional innuendo creator/finder.
Reaction score

Let's make a PerpRP server!
(If you don't know what it is, I spent 25 hours on it in the last three days)

brandonn_c

Reaction score
The only definitive goal then would be pointless grinding, which is stupid and a part of Minecraft that I hate. I want to encourage exploring and fighting mobs, and I want people to venture out beyond the reaches of the town. The only reasons someone would be in the town would be restocking, and accepting quests, not fighting a supermarket and trying to win it over. As interesting as modern era stories are, I like to stick with the classic medieval theme, with only a twist on the story, in which this case, you are the "bad guy".
Why don't we make a few storylines, each one encouraging the player to adventure around the map, to find/kill/eat/steal/record something?

Let's make a PerpRP server!
(If you don't know what it is, I spent 25 hours on it in the last three days)
I do not know what a PerpRP server is.

Edit: This is sounding a large amount like Skyrim.

HadesHunter

Reaction score
If you take a look at the first page, you will see that Iggy has already developed a basic plot for the map. This does actually provide enough info to gain an idea of themes etc for buildings and as such, construction has already begun.
Okay, definitely did not see that.

*cough Iguana updateyourfirstpostwiththatkindofinformationcough*

I can work with that storyline.

Why don't we make a few storylines, each one encouraging the player to adventure around the map, to find/kill/eat/steal/record something?

I do not know what a PerpRP server is.

Edit: This is sounding a large amount like Skyrim.
Yes. Yes it does. Or at least your post does. The dungeon crawl idea is good, and of course we will have something to kill. Two things we shouldn't do are the stealing/recording parts. At least the stealing, since players should have the option to record or not. Thievery just doesn't seem like it would fit into this story..

Remember everyone; this is an Adventure map, not a server. It will have a fixed storyline in which people will be doing one thing at a time, unlike Skyrim.

brandonn_c

Reaction score
Okay, definitely did not see that.

*cough Iguana updateyourfirstpostwiththatkindofinformationcough*

I can work with that storyline.

Yes. Yes it does. Or at least your post does. The dungeon crawl idea is good, and of course we will have something to kill. Two things we shouldn't do are the stealing/recording parts. At least the stealing, since players should have the option to record or not. Thievery just doesn't seem like it would fit into this story..

Remember everyone; this is an Adventure map, not a server. It will have a fixed storyline in which people will be doing one thing at a time, unlike Skyrim.
Very Nice, Iguana can Hades and I begin, we promise to keep you in the loop.