[Req] A Blocktopia Adventure Map!

Iguana

lmao i have a title
Reaction score
I've always had the idea of doing a community-made adventure map, so with the opening of the new glorious build server, I was wondering if we could have the opportunity to have a separate map for this adventure map.

Of course, I'd provide the template map (I prefer using ExtraBiomesXL, it's a nice mod for some good looking terrain), but from there, the Blocktopia team of awesome would work on architecture, story, and general gameplay.

I like to take things a bit extreme, so I of course would probably have a list of single player mods you would need to install to be able to play the map as well, but nothing really game-breaking.

Mods probably used after architecture building:
- NPC mod (so i can play npcs and shits)
- AtmosMobs (because fucking whales)
- Stuffed animals (i have ideas as to what I want to do with these)

As you can see, they aren't game breaking and only add to atmosphere of the map.
Yuck, possible, and if so, would you permit it?

Info Video

Your kingdom has befell you, and the warriors at the gate have breached your walls and all you can do is sit there and watch. You were once the greatest paladin in the kingdom, but as you lay motionless, all you could do was watch as the barbarians laid waste to the palace, and massacred the people. Your own king was beheaded publicly, along with you next...

500 years later, a sudden invocation from an unknown being has risen the men and women of the once prosperous kingdom, and made them shadows of their former selves, with the undead walking among the ruins of the city. The old king of the land, King Calibor XIV has become a skeleton and now rules the old destroyed city and is slowly rebuilding and seeking revenge upon the dynasty that murdered him long ago. He knew he could not do it alone, so he has used the new necrotic powers granted to him upon his ressurection to bring back his once fabled warrior to assist in the assassination of the current king, King Beauregard of the Sampetra Empire.
General Story

The game will revolve mainly on adventuring, with players starting in the main city and using it as a hub for quest objectives, venturing out into many zones spanning in all directions. After a certain amount of zone quests are completed, a final quest is revealed and upon completion of that, the next town shall appear as a new hub and thus the cycle repeats.
How Gameplay Works

TEAM
Builders:
- The_Phantom
- Jayfeather21
- Matt_Allen
- Baker93
-
-
-

Technicians:
- Shinyshark
- Malacath
-

Storyboard:
-
-

Builders do general architecture, technicians will do the redstone and gameplay designing, and storyboard will just help me write the story of this whole map. (You'll have to be active, and know me somewhat well to get onto our little team, sorry! )

Iguana

lmao i have a title
Reaction score
If we do this, we'll need some people to make the redstone things. Because adventure maps aren't adventurey enough without redstone.
We have our fair share of expert redstoners (I'd consider myself borderline good/great, so yeah) so I think it should be fine. :)

I might get a list of people we need in the event Yuck approves this. :D

Iguana

lmao i have a title
Reaction score

Made a video about the mods I'm using in LITERALLY, 5 minutes flat (editing and recording), so it's really shitty in terms of audio and quality of the video, but it gives you a general idea of what mods will be used in the finished project.

The main part I want to get done on the server is the architecture. For where mod items should be, we could just place signs as placeholders as well.

• Winner
Reactions: Duffie

Iguana

lmao i have a title
Reaction score
General idea for a story so far...

Your kingdom has befell you, and the warriors at the gate have breached your walls and all you can do is sit there and watch. You were once the greatest paladin in the kingdom, but as you lay motionless, all you could do was watch as the barbarians laid waste to the palace, and massacred the people. Your own king was beheaded publicly, along with you next...

500 years later, a sudden invocation from an unknown being has risen the men and women of the once prosperous kingdom, and made them shadows of their former selves, with the undead walking among the ruins of the city. The old king of the land, King Calibor XIV has become a skeleton and now rules the old destroyed city and is slowly rebuilding and seeking revenge upon the dynasty that murdered him long ago. He knew he could not do it alone, so he has used the new necrotic powers granted to him upon his ressurection to bring back his once fabled warrior to assist in the assassination of the current king, King Beauregard of the Sampetra Empire.

Jayfeather

Gay Magician
Donor
Reaction score
General idea for a story so far...

Sampetra best Empire

cheatyface

Developer
Developer
Contributor
Reaction score
SO MUCH OF MY HATE.

At that video. I like the idea though. I could pitch in on something, either building or organizing buildings or building some gameplay design, or building buildings.

Prizyms

あんたバカァ~!?
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Iguana

If you don't mind, I'm thinking of making a Siege of the Eyrie-esque tournament map, set in a city instead. I will be doing this alone unless anyone here REALLY wants to help.

Sound good?

Iguana

lmao i have a title
Reaction score
And we're good! For everyone who's interested in the project, the map is hosted on BuildBox now, but you'll need to be told about the world name, etc.

List of helpers will be updated tonight.

Reactions: 1 person