• Posts in this section do not count towards your post count.

Quiz Eachother!

Robo

Sup
Reaction score
The rules:
The first person will ask a question (not a yes/no question or an a. b. c. question. Purely just a guessing question)

NO CHEATERS.
We want to try and make the game fun for others. Going on Google and searching the answer is unfair and frowned apon. So I ask you please, don't do it. Play fair.

Only one guess per reply.

The first person to get it right gets to ask the next question.

No double replys; A double reply will make both questions not count.

Each time a person gets a answer right, they get 3 points. The first person to get 50 points wins, the game will end, and everyone will be put on they're proper places on the scoreboard.

NOTE: To help keep track of the scores, keep your score updated on each of your replys; YOU keep track of your score. If you forgot your score, go back and look.

SCOREBOARD:
--------------
1st place:
--------------
2nd place:
3rd place:
--------------
4th place:
5th place:
--------------
Last place:
--------------
(FIRST person to get 10 points gets to change the category, and etc.)
------------------------------
QUESTION CATEGORY:
Video games

FIRST QUESTION:
What was this year's (2014) Game of the Year?
------------------------------
Have fun!

• Confusing
Reactions: Chips and Duffie

Lee_scar

Geezuslike
Donor
Reaction score
Next question:
Which video game got progressively harder the more enemies you killed, -they got faster-, but was NOT programmed to get harder or enemies to get faster.

catgirl12466

Reaction score
Space invaders. The original's sprite limitations meant that the game actually lagged until you killed some enemies, which would speed it up. This was not actually intended by the game's code.

I used to be really into videogame glitches. :3

catgirl12466

Reaction score
Shoot, now I have to think of something. Lesse what knowledge I can pull out from years past...

The only interesting videogame trivia I know pertains to glitches. Oops. Lesse what else I can figure out...

What videogame franchise has an official character that originated from myths of a hidden character in the original game due to an unexplained statistic, and was perpetuated by claims of a palette swap glitch?

Score: 3

Robo

Sup
Reaction score
Im implementing a new hints system:
How to get a hint: you must ask the person that the question originated, and he will give you a hint.
Rules for giving hints: you MUST make the hint a spoiler, once a person clicks on the hint 2 points are subtracted from their current score. Hints are to be helpful and not somthing too obvious.

Also, i've decided that the person that asks a question, and if someone gets it right then at the same time, the 'Asker' gets 1 point added to their current score. Just so its fair.

Plus: to make it a bit more challenging, each wrong answer resultes in a -1 point subtraction. So yea, I have -1 points and Lee_Scar has +1 point added now too.

My apologys for such a big reply. Please continue. (Keeping the update in mind). :)

Last edited:

catgirl12466

Reaction score
Starting to think maybe that was a little too hard of me. Oops.

If it takes too long maybe there could be free hints, or a time limit 'til a new question has to be brought out? That way the thread doesn't stall for weeks at a time when someone decides to ask what game came out in the year 19XX for (insert obscure console that nobody would ever remember).

Lee_scar

Geezuslike
Donor
Reaction score
Im thinking tis the mario franchise where the palette change was luigi.
Since the question asked 'franchise' and well thats what comes to mind.

catgirl12466

Reaction score
Okey dokey, it's been a few days and while it hasn't been 4 guesses, I fear I killed this thread. This ought to narrow it down a little.

It's a fighting game franchise.

I don't actually know that much about fighting games so for all I know it might be a dead franchise by this point, but it should be well known enough that guesses will quickly get to it.

Robo

Sup
Reaction score
Okey dokey, it's been a few days and while it hasn't been 4 guesses, I fear I killed this thread. This ought to narrow it down a little.

It's a fighting game franchise.

I don't actually know that much about fighting games so for all I know it might be a dead franchise by this point, but it should be well known enough that guesses will quickly get to it.
Hmm, Super smash bros? uhm 1-3?

Edit: Hi there, i just wanted to say, if you search the answer -[BCOLOR=#ffffff]9,999,999,999,999,999 [/BCOLOR]points are subtracted and you'll be disqualified. Forever.

catgirl12466

Reaction score
Still not it, sorry.

I'm thinking that after this I shouldn't answer any more questions if only because I don't have any notion of difficulty when it comes to quizzing...

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: RyanDodd

catgirl12466

Reaction score
FINALLY. PLEASE. NEVER LET ME ASK A QUESTION AGAIN.
+3 ON YOU.

-Score: 3-
Actually I guess I could elaborate on the answer just for funsies. In the original game, there was a stats screen and one of the stats was "ERMACS". People took this to mean there was a super hidden character in the game, when it actually counted "Error macros".

As I was writing the question I had assumed the story was just a palette swap glitch, but looking into it further, I found out that people had then faked screenshots of battles with the character, Ermac, who was just a palette swapped Scorpion. There have been reports of glitches causing a palette swap, but from what I can gather the reports were all false. Or maybe there were no reports to begin with. Different sources say different things. Perhaps I screwed up the question there, although I already had everybody stumped with the first part :S

The company who made the game denied that there was an extra character, and in later versions of the game removed the ERMACS count. But somewhere down the line they actually made him a legitimate character with a backstory and all. I don't know enough about Mortal Kombat to say much more but that's what I was getting at.

Last edited: