Post your tips for improving in TNT Wars!

CaptainCake

Captain of all things sweet and savoury
Donor
Reaction score
So I've already got a bunch of tips to share.

Tip: Place mines in strategic spots, such as in corners of doorways or underneath walkways. Don't place them in plain sight or someone can easily defuse it!

Tip: If you get stuck in a TNT, don't panic and quickly back away.

Tip: Swiftness potions help a lot in Capture the Flag! Buy them with /buy *amount* swiftnesspot or in the store.

Tip: When placing TNT, don't put it directly at their feet, but where you think they'll be in a few seconds time.

Tip: Be creative! Try different strategies, like setting people on fire with the Fire Bow, hitting them with the Axtinguisher and then finishing them off with a grenade or two. Another example would be to shoot someone with the Stun Bow and then place TNT near them. See what works for you, everyone's different.

Tip: Have fun and enjoy the server! After all it's just a game, you don't have stress out if you lose or keep dying, it's not the end of the world.

Now it's your turn!

zezmi

The noob himself
Reaction score
-There's more than just TNT available.
-Don't buy crap you're never gonna use. Save it for stuff you know you need.
-Always join blue.
Im always blue.
Jackamel, Dumbshooter, and a few other people are always blue also, I don't know why...it normally stacks the teams and can be a bit annoying.

Reactions: RyanDodd

Oak Milk

Kill Hungry Thirsty Dead
Mafia Host
Reaction score
If you can learn to dodge a wrench then you can dodge a flaming arrow.
EDIT: if you are looking to shoot someone with a fire bow or any kind of bow, trying aiming ahead of where they are moving. Another good idea is to have a person close by and use a sniper and close quarters fighter combo.
Furthermore in maps like Knockback Ruins (I have forgotten the actual name >.>) if it looks like an opponent is about to knock you off the edge with a sword try placing a TNT directly behind them, more than likely the TNT will catch them by surprise.

hihihilolHI

Reaction score
I found this out, on that FFA map with the lava, you can know people into and kill them with your axtinguisher. (Really you should get credit for lava kills but this works fine :))

Jivvi

Mafia Host
Reaction score
-There's more than just TNT available.
-Don't buy crap you're never gonna use. Save it for stuff you know you need.
-Always join blue.
Im always blue.
Jackamel, Dumbshooter, and a few other people are always blue also, I don't know why...it normally stacks the teams and can be a bit annoying.
Blue blue blue
<3

Also, if you don't use C4 on any KOTH maps, you aren't doing it right
;3

zezmi

The noob himself
Reaction score
Im always blue.
Blue blue blue
<3

Also, if you don't use C4 on any KOTH maps, you aren't doing it right
;3
Well now that c4 can be destroyed it's not very effective. Also thank goodness the whole blue being stacked is over.

hpesoj8

Reaction score
I'd say don't stop jumping and upgrading your pistol range to max was good advice but...really good advice would be to get a feel for every item so you know which items to save up for and which ones not to waste time, deaths, or points on. Also, in that regard, asking the experts (not meh, I'm only good with CTNT) on which items they prefer and WHY, as those items did bring themselves to be pros. Personally, I find the flame bow with lots of arrows is a good team-helping item to distract and help those with axestinguishers. Also, try placing mines right behind the flags with CTF, quite the nasty surprise. Also, you have wool, use it to your advantage. Finally, practice makes perfect!

zezmi

The noob himself
Reaction score
I'd say don't stop jumping and upgrading your pistol range to max was good advice but...really good advice would be to get a feel for every item so you know which items to save up for and which ones not to waste time, deaths, or points on. Also, in that regard, asking the experts (not meh, I'm only good with CTNT) on which items they prefer and WHY, as those items did bring themselves to be pros. Personally, I find the flame bow with lots of arrows is a good team-helping item to distract and help those with axestinguishers. Also, try placing mines right behind the flags with CTF, quite the nasty surprise. Also, you have wool, use it to your advantage. Finally, practice makes perfect!
Whoa whoa whoa, no one said a tournament was coming any time soon! Just that one may be coming a lot later on.

DylanATurtle

Reaction score
Tip 1: If you see ChoasWabbit grab a shotgun and shoot him
Tip 2: If you throw 1-3 grenades below you then you get boosted into the air.
Tip 3: Never block spam its solo annoying.