Votes: 5 9.4%
  • Mystery Dungeon/Pokemon ranger

Votes: 7 13.2%
  • Other

Votes: 3 5.7%

• Total voters

HarmakAnna

Reaction score
Thoughts: Should I have an Anorith, Spoink or Barboach with my current nuzlocke team (note that I will immediately use Anorith if I do not find a Barboach)? Thoughts on what I could do with the team?
Current Ruby Team:
Combusken, Vigoroth, Aron, Nuzleaf, Ninjask, one Zigzagoon slave
PC:
Numel, Shedinja, 2 other Zigzagoon slaves

Chillingworth

Ex-Zombie VetOp | Ex-AoD Op
Reaction score
Nostalgia Attack!
Pokemon Blue was the first video game I ever played, and it was AMAZING. I also loved the death out of Silver and Ruby.

My four original favorites:

4. Poliwrath
3. Nidoking
2. Gengar
1. Blastoise

Pokemon365

Reaction score
Thoughts: Should I have an Anorith, Spoink or Barboach with my current nuzlocke team (note that I will immediately use Anorith if I do not find a Barboach)? Thoughts on what I could do with the team?
Current Ruby Team:
Combusken, Vigoroth, Aron, Nuzleaf, Ninjask, one Zigzagoon slave
PC:
Numel, Shedinja, 2 other Zigzagoon slaves
I would say go with the barboach. Your team is pretty weak to fire. Plus, your team is also pretty weak to fighting, but ninjask sort of takes care of that

HarmakAnna

Reaction score
I would say go with the barboach. Your team is pretty weak to fire. Plus, your team is also pretty weak to fighting, but ninjask sort of takes care of that
And as for a backup in case I don't get barboach, would you take spoink, anorith, or another pokemon on a later route (after Meteor Falls, not including Meteor Falls)?

Pokemon365

Reaction score
Spoink is a solid choice. Your team (as i said before) is weak to fighting and ninjask isnt known very well for being able to take fighting, and since fighting pokemon can often know rock moves which do x4 damage. So spoink is definitely a good choice.

HarmakAnna

Reaction score
Just thought of something that I shoulda thought of before that could solve both my fire and fighting problems: Solrock. Psychic covers fighting and rock covers fire. Should I risk it and find one or go with the more likely Barboach?

Kloud_Strife

TNT Drama Queen
Reaction score
Call me predictable, but even before the meme was around, mudkips been my favorite. I always end up getting him in Mystery dungeon, as well (no idea why).

Pokemon365

Reaction score
Just thought of something that I shoulda thought of before that could solve both my fire and fighting problems: Solrock. Psychic covers fighting and rock covers fire. Should I risk it and find one or go with the more likely Barboach?
Keep in mind that adding solrock WILL make your team weak to water. Water moves are usually special and can take down the aron evolutions pretty easily. If you have faith in your nuzleaf then do it. Water pokemon are fairly common in the game too. If you can based on your team a lunatone will benefit you more than a solrock

HarmakAnna

Reaction score
Keep in mind that adding solrock WILL make your team weak to water. Water moves are usually special and can take down the aron evolutions pretty easily. If you have faith in your nuzleaf then do it. Water pokemon are fairly common in the game too. If you can based on your team a lunatone will benefit you more than a solrock
The only problem about getting a Lunatone is that this is Ruby that we're talking about. And after thinking about this, I'll only test my luck with the Solrock if I get a Spoink, because then I'll already have gotten the team. Also, about the fire type weakness, I can use my Combusken line and Aron line, as Combusken has another typing that can damage fire normally and prevents a weakness to rock, and Aron gets STAB from rock moves, a main weakness of rock, even though it gets normal damage from fire. Taking in mind Aron's low Special Defense, this is a risky move, but I'm willing to take this risk. My friend also pointed out that fighting is a more important weakness, as more of my pokemon are weak to it. Nuzleaf, Vigoroth, Aron, and as you said, Ninjask is weak to fighting as they usually hold rock moves. So I'm assuming Spoink is a good choice. After getting it (if I get it) I'll try my luck with getting a Solrock, since I woulda already had a solid pokemon on my team. And if all else fails, I'll choose Armaldo, as the bug type negates fighting, it has high attack, and can learn both rock type moves and Aerial Ace. In fact, taking this into consideration, I might just go for a varying partner depending on the situation in order to achieve best results. And yes, I do rely on my Nuzleaf enough with water types. Only real problems I could find with that would be that it would be the only pokemon resistant to water, so I may need to rethink a little when it comes to Gyarados and Pelipper.

Tl;dr: Might get Spoink, test luck with Solrock, get Armaldo if all else fails, and possibly have switching member. I trust in Nuzleaf except against water/flying types, which aren't exactly too common to begin with.

Pokemon365

Reaction score
The only problem about getting a Lunatone is that this is Ruby that we're talking about. And after thinking about this, I'll only test my luck with the Solrock if I get a Spoink, because then I'll already have gotten the team. Also, about the fire type weakness, I can use my Combusken line and Aron line, as Combusken has another typing that can damage fire normally and prevents a weakness to rock, and Aron gets STAB from rock moves, a main weakness of rock, even though it gets normal damage from fire. Taking in mind Aron's low Special Defense, this is a risky move, but I'm willing to take this risk. My friend also pointed out that fighting is a more important weakness, as more of my pokemon are weak to it. Nuzleaf, Vigoroth, Aron, and as you said, Ninjask is weak to fighting as they usually hold rock moves. So I'm assuming Spoink is a good choice. After getting it (if I get it) I'll try my luck with getting a Solrock, since I woulda already had a solid pokemon on my team. And if all else fails, I'll choose Armaldo, as the bug type negates fighting, it has high attack, and can learn both rock type moves and Aerial Ace. In fact, taking this into consideration, I might just go for a varying partner depending on the situation in order to achieve best results. And yes, I do rely on my Nuzleaf enough with water types. Only real problems I could find with that would be that it would be the only pokemon resistant to water, so I may need to rethink a little when it comes to Gyarados and Pelipper.

Tl;dr: Might get Spoink, test luck with Solrock, get Armaldo if all else fails, and possibly have switching member. I trust in Nuzleaf except against water/flying types, which aren't exactly too common to begin with.

Yes, the fire types wont be a problem now that you say it. The common fire pokemon in the game is fire/rock which combusken can take care of. Here is the big problem though: Camerupt. I COMPLETELY HATE HIM in the fire gym. You will hate him too. He is super effective on combusken, nuzleaf, ninjask, and aron. You might want a solrock there. But good team. The two most common pokemon types in that generation are water and grass. You have grass covered nicely, and you said that water shouldnt be a problem.

Pokemon365

Reaction score
I found a shiny chansey in diamond. I used false swipe but then chansey used doubsle edge :banghead:
But my favorite pokemon is escavalier. My friend found its pre-evolution as a shiny pokemon. We traded (Because i also traded him a volcarona) And now i have a shiny esacalier lv 100 (no hax)

lolpierandom

Reaction score
I always grab water types because they are usually easy to work good move pools with, and I love ground/waters, due to their great mixed attacking abilities.

Gotta be packing a fire type(I usually pack a fast attacking one) to counter grass types though.

Summer10

Reaction score
If I still had my DS, I would probably remember but um from the classics,

Dragonair..?
The red evolved magikarp
The highest evolved charizard

I also enjoyed the dungeon ones with the dungeons of dredmor genre, those were my favorite, to be honest.. I always tried to rig the damn quiz at the beginning of all of them though >.<, Ranger games were less fun than the others, just seems like an over extension and unneeded

I loved the classic blue/red and to a lesser extent Ruby/Emerald/Sapphire, I did own the next generations but stopped after the Black/White..

HOW CAN YOU POSSIBLY CATCH THEM ALL WHEN THEY KEEP ADDING MORE!?! - Some person on Blocktopia

Kloud_Strife

TNT Drama Queen
Reaction score
ok be honest we all cried at this part :(
(Deleted picture from quote to save space)
Yeah, I'll be honest with you, I cried at that part as well. I also cried when he was all like 'gtfo butterfree' in the show, and when they did that montage that made it seem like pikachu was going to live with wild pikachus. It may just be that I've gotten older, but after the first season (or Kanto, wherever that ended :x) they lost all moments like that in the show. Though, admittedly, there were some sad moments in the Lucario movie.

• Agree
Reactions: Summer10