Plague Inc

W

Wimali

Hmm.. so its basically alpha? :eek:

and when full game gets released?
Yes, it's "Early-Access" (which is why it's also only meant to be bought by "hardcore" fans right now, or people who want to help report bugs etc.)

No idea when it it'll get released, dev hasn't put a date on it.

• Informative
Reactions: Notme

Fiestaguy

The man with 8 fingers.
Reaction score
Website
thebes.openshells.net
I bought Plague inc for my iPhone, The game is HARD, I can't seem to get to West-Russia or sweden, Anyway, Your best bet is to make your disease spread all over the world, Tough not having ANY symptoms. Then 70% of the world is infected and the world doesnt even notice it, You get LOADED with DNA points when that happens, Then BAM in 1 shot suddenly adapt TONS of symptoms so the world will be taken by surprise and you kileld 50% before the cure research has even started. My plague mostly dies off because it cannot reach sweden/germany and rich countires...

Notme

Self-Aware Forum AI
Reaction score
Website
escaperestart.com
I bought Plague inc for my iPhone, The game is HARD, I can't seem to get to West-Russia or sweden, Anyway, Your best bet is to make your disease spread all over the world, Tough not having ANY symptoms. Then 70% of the world is infected and the world doesnt even notice it, You get LOADED with DNA points when that happens, Then BAM in 1 shot suddenly adapt TONS of symptoms so the world will be taken by surprise and you kileld 50% before the cure research has even started. My plague mostly dies off because it cannot reach sweden/germany and rich countires...
Did you tried "drug resistance"?
I think waiting till 100% of infection would be good idea.

gay vampire

Little Miss Organs
Reaction score
My usual strategy for getting through brutal is, like fiesta said, not buy any symptons. This however does not work for certain diseases and you'll need to look up guides on the internet for them if you reaaaally wanna beat them on brutal (virus, bio-weapon etc.).

I usually start in china/india and max water and air out, get cold res. 1 and drug res. 1 and 2 and wait for the entire world to be infected (you can get more symptons if you want, depends on the disease. fungus is a pain.) Only once you have infected every single person alive do you unleash hell upon them. Hopefully I haven't stated the same things as fiesta ;-;

why greenland jshgkjanbgkwa

AN ENTIRE YEAR AND I STILL HAVEN'T EDITED IN THE TRAILER. FOR SHAME.

Last edited:
Reactions: Willchill and Notme

TheEagle7828

Reaction score
Look at Greenland sitting there all smug with their one port and sparse population. I will unleash swag upon them and consume them all! Then who will be laughing?! ME!

Other than that it's a great game!

Fiestaguy

The man with 8 fingers.
Reaction score
Website
thebes.openshells.net
Greenland is arguably the best place to start, It gives you a enclosed enviroment and enough time to develop your plague before it spreads out to the world and infects tons of other countries and it will get noticed, It also solves the problem of getting into the hardest country in the world, Either Greenland or India is best startplace.

Notme

Self-Aware Forum AI
Reaction score
Website
escaperestart.com
Time to unfreeze frozen vir- thread.
You can lead ape revolution (Planet of Apes) too!

Here is changelog:
Early Access Evolution 9 Released – The Scenario Creator and Custom Scenarios! The biggest and most requested update yet for Plague Inc: Evolved - the much anticipated Scenario Creator along with Custom Scenarios. Players can hit the lab and use the same tools that we do to create awesome new content for Plague Inc: Evolved, as well as sharing it with their friends and exploring other players’ deadliest ideas via the Steam Workshop.

Want to create a brand new disease type or a world where everybody flies to Greenland? Can cats spread your disease? Do people who sneeze three times die instantly? What would a Reddit virus really look like? Unleash your creativity, I can’t wait to see what you can come up with - although I'm a little scared as well

• Create – Use our powerful, easy to use editor to create diseases and worlds using the key tools used by the developers
  • Share – Steam Workshop compatibility lets you share your creations with friends or even the world at the click of a button
  • Play – Use our in-game browser to view and play the wonderful, weird (and potentially warped) creations from the community. There are a lot of talented people out there who are going to make some exciting content, and we will feature the best scenarios to help you find them.
This is just the beginning. I'll will be watching closely to see how people use the Scenario Creator and we will be enhancing and expanding its functionality in the future. Get in touch to let me know how you find it!

Good luck creators, have fun and please try to keep it clean

Plague Inc: Evolved - Update 0.8 full change log:

New Additions:
  • Scenario Creator tool added
  • Custom Scenario Functionality
  • Steam Workshop Compatibility
Tweaks
  • Refactored game code (in preparation for Multiplayer)
  • Improved video setting text file to allow trailer to be enabled/diabled
  • On-mouse over text in locked plague types in Official Scenarios now informs player that they need to play in main game to unlock
Fixes
  • Locked plague types don't display under official scenarios where they can't be selected.
  • Fixed symptom event in Black Death
  • Closing expanded country text pop-up fixed.
  • XML errors fixed.
Earlier changelogs:
Early Access Evolution 8 released - The Simian Flu...
...from the Dawn of the Planet of the Apes movie!

We are extremely excited to announce a major new special plague type for Plague Inc: Evolved in partnership with 20th Century Fox. Get ready to infect the world with the Simian Flu from the summer blockbuster movie Dawn of the Planet of the Apes!

We have created a brand new gameplay experience that builds on and supports the movie narrative to create a deep world for players to explore and infect! Players often ask us to add videos of the world into the game so they can see how humanity responds to their Plague on a street level. This time, the Simian Flu partnership lets players have an entire summer movie blockbuster to expand on the game’s narrative!

The Simian Flu is a genetically modified virus created in a Gen-Sys lab. It has been found to increase intelligence in apes, but mutates rapidly and is untested on humans...
  • Experience Planet of the Apes on a global scale - See how humanity responds as you infect the world with a lethal, artificial virus. Can they handle a global pandemic while dealing with a growing nation of genetically evolved, intelligent apes?
  • Control communities of intelligent apes – As well as infecting humans, evolve your disease in parallel to allow ape-to-ape transmission and improve their cognitive abilities. Ape colonies will generate DNA whilst helping apes avoid detection from humans.
  • For one species to rise, another must fall? – Master new gameplay mechanics and strategies to help apes become the dominant species on the planet. Decide when your apes should rampage against research labs, move apes to avoid detection from military drones and use ape migration to prevent scientists from conducting aggressive ape experiments.
We also localised the game into Simplified and Traditional Chinese with help from our community translators!

Hope you like it, let us know what you think!

Plague Inc: Evolved - Update 0.7.5 full change log:
New additions
  • New plague type - the Simian Flu from the Dawn of the Planet of the Apes movie!
  • Added game trailer
Tweaks
  • Updated games settings storage (improved it and fixed some issues)
  • Main map mesh optimized
Fixes
  • Fixed couple of broken achievements (Patient Who, Trojan Horse, Boomer)
  • Spelling errors fixed
  • Fixed some XML errors

---
Early Access Evolution 7 - New cheats, scenarios and Español, Português & Italiano! It's taking more time than planned to get the big feature we mentioned last time ready, so thought we would give you something else to infect with in the meantime.

We have four new official scenarios for you. You can now resurrect a 30,000 year old frozen virus or destroy humanity in a world of mass-produced artificial organs. For you movie buffs out there, you can also see if you can also try killing humanity with the Nipah Virus - the star of the film Contagion.

Also, quite a few people have been asking for improved cheat functionality. As well as adding three new cheats, you can now use the cheats on any disease type you like! You are also able to use multiple cheats at the same time, providing you with endless variations

On top of this, Spanish, Italian and Portuguese languages have now been added - slowly infecting more people
. If you want to see your language added, come help translate (more info here).

Still working hard on the next big thing, expect something in a few weeks time.

Thanks a lot

Plague Inc: Evolved - Update 0.7.3 full change log:
New additions
  • Added 4 new scenarios, along with several new achievements
  • New cheats and cheat functionality (use multiple cheats at the same time, on any disease type)
  • New endgame screens added
  • Portuguese, Spanish & Italian languages added
Tweaks
  • Major update to game engine & events to fix a number of gameplay/event issues.
  • Space positioning of some UI elements (so translations work better).
  • Added pulsing feature to minimap in Necroa Virus
Fixes
  • Number of typos and XML errors fixed.
  • Fixed issue where expanded information for countries not displaying

---
Evolution 6 - Official Scenarios
Early Access Evolution 6 released - Official Scenarios

This update brings a major new gameplay system to Plague Inc: Evolved in the form of the Official Scenarios. Develop new strategies and approaches for 14 distinct scenarios covering a world economy destroyed by a US debt default – all the way through to the resurgence of the medieval Black Death!

Scenarios significantly increase the amount of content – giving you new challenges and experiences to test your skills to the limit.
There are two main types of scenario:
  • Real life diseases – begin the game with fully evolved, real life pathogens like the Black Death, Swine flu or Smallpox. Players can model how an outbreak would happen in real life as well as mutating the pathogen to try and get it to infect the whole world.
  • Alternative universes – choose a pathogen to infect a world that has been impacted by something like a US Debt default, an outbreak of xenophobia or a new mini ice age. Players can see how different events can shape the ability of the world to respond to global pandemics and work out how to best exploit the new conditions.
We will also be adding more scenarios in the future, as well as giving you the opportunity to create your own in the custom scenario creator.

As for what's next, we are hard at work on Evolution 7, which is going to be a big one! It's going to take us a few weeks to get it ready and we will share more information soon - so make sure to keep an eye on the forums.

Plague Inc: Evolved - Update 0.7 full change log:
New additions
  • Official Scenarios added
  • Scenario Scoreboards added
Tweaks
  • Enhanced 3D models show your disease evolving and growing over time
  • Hot keys (1 to 4) allow faster disease screen navigation
  • Double-click Single Player modes to start game
  • Shrink to fit added to Evolve/Devolve Buttons, Disease Screen info text & Graph screens
  • Internal country lines made less faded on world-map
Fixes
  • XML error - 'Multiple inflammatory' bug fixed
  • Translesion gene didn't appear in Disease screen
  • Graph display bug

So game is now much more complete by now.

Last edited: