Oh God.

Specter2k11

Haunting People Since 2011
Reaction score
The fact that this affects other countries makes me think that American Congressmen hates the world. DNS blockings? Wow. So if the whole world is gonna do a simultaneous copy-paste of a copyrighted image saying "f*** SOPA" will be sued? I say, they are one extremely greedy rich ass congressmen. START RIOTING. (PS : Riot Games supports denying SOPA and PIPA made my lips rip with happyness. GG RG.)

Reactions: Summer10

Scrable

Reaction score
SOPA and PIPA are stupid.
The internet is the last free of meaning.
Copyright, and than allow to everyone who's the Dev, to take the Websites down, If there's a Link to a pirate bay, than it gets deleted, YouTube, Google, Wikipedia, they all would be deleted, if it passes.
I hope it don't passes, and I thank everyone who protests against SOPA and PIPA like the others.
I came to late...

MarsKid

Mafia Host
Reaction score
You want to know my opinion of the government?

They're all a bunch of old clowns. Once the old clowns are gone, they get replaced. I'll never gain respect for anybody holding office in the government just because it's all completely screwed up in my eyes. Obama definetly doesn't change my opinion, what with the shit job he's done. And these people passing SOPA and etc. are the perfect definition of a government clown. Something as simple as a computer game is affected by it... if something like that is affected, shouldn't that give a hint that MANY MORE THINGS WILL BE AS WELL??? Praise to Mojang for standing out against this outrageous act.

Summer10

Reaction score
http://elderscrolls.wikia.com <== Blocked in protest.
You want to know my opinion of the government?

They're all a bunch of old clowns. Once the old clowns are gone, they get replaced. I'll never gain respect for anybody holding office in the government just because it's all completely screwed up in my eyes.
Democracy isn't the problem here, just let me say that real quick, the process is not perfect, it is the 'best of the worst' and the makers of the system knew that.
Obama definetly doesn't change my opinion, what with the shit job he's done.
Well, in history most of the time it is what the presidents did before the current one that the next president gets all the rap for, that's what I was told at least, but I totally think that makes sense.
And these people passing SOPA and etc. are the perfect definition of a government clown.
It isn't necessarily 'passing' yet and probably won't (after stuff listed in pyp's post above), but yeah, I think they didn't think this all the way through...
Something as simple as a computer game is affected by it... if something like that is affected, shouldn't that give a hint that MANY MORE THINGS WILL BE AS WELL???
Pretty much everything will be affected that will let users link anything they want(this forum, most games with chat, youtube, google, wiki, etc...) The ripple of how most of the internet users feel is certainly being felt.
Praise to Mojang for standing out against this outrageous act.
This, but please remember they are not the only ones who are protesting, many other websites are also protesting.
Oh and this comic has an easter egg about it too, and a link to what it is(if your a WoW fan then you will probably like this comic btw)
http://www.darklegacycomics.com

But hey, that's my opinion, feel free to think what ever you want! :roflmao:
[/rant]

Reaction score
I'll explain. If it passes, any site with ANYTHING that doesn't belong to them, with permission or otherwise, is taken down. Basically, internet goes bye-bye.
Oh god...

Fun fact of the day and my theory: my friend told me that sopa means soap in Spanish, so my theory is that they gave it that name because they want the Internet to be CLEANER.

Ok pretty lame.

Duffie

Reaction score
Website
duffieshirayuki.deviantart.com
This just seems like deja vu to me.This is just like that one bill that didn't pass that was all around censorship and piracy.

Back when that bill (C-something. I forget.) was around, I saw SOPA was around, too. People told me not to worry about it, considering it had no chance of passing.

And look at it now. D:

Sure, it has no chance of passing now, but you have to admit, it got close when it was reopened.

Why doesn't anyone read the fine print? D:

Tuna

Reaction score
I thought the U.S. was supposed to be a democracy. I guess that's gone, since SOPA is still here, and I'm certain the majority of people are against SOPA.
The United states is a federated republic, not technically a democracy. If we were an open democracy, the people (you and me) would decide all policy, settle all arguments, and allocate all power/money etc. through majority vote. Simply considering the fact that we vote a president into office to make decisions for us shows that we are not an open (or pure) democracy.

anyway, SOPA and PIPA are being moved through congress by large music and movie corporations, such as Time Warner. There are HUGE amounts of money behind the bill, which is why its still being considered despite the massive amounts of people protesting it. Obama has CLAIMED that he will veto either of the two bills (SOPA being pressed through the senate, PIPA through the house), but this can always be overridden by a 2/3 majority vote in the house. Additionally, you can't exactly trust Obama recently, (and don't get me wrong, this isn't anything against Obama, I'm not trying to discredit him) seeing as how he just signed into law the recent defense bill, even AFTER saying that he had strong reservations about it and that he was planning to veto it.

Reaction score
Are you kidding me? Are you really blaming all the problems that we have on a president that we had 4 years ago? You must listen to the leftest of left media there big guy.

Also sopa means soup in spanish, not soap
Ok whatever, i was close enough :p

I just got out my translator. Your friend is wrong. Soap is Jabón.
She's Mexican though!

@Sophie (mjrox) This includes anything similar to copyrighted. If you sang a song that a famous artist wrote and posted the video of you singing on Facebook, Facebook would have to deal with the video or risk being taken down.
Well, i do sing in real life, but i don't post videos on facebook, so everything's good!

WhySoDumb

Reaction score
Welp , Megaupload is down best part is , Megaupload is based in Hong Kong and it got shut down.