Not-quite-generic goodbye

DarthLego5679

That n00b.
Reaction score
Website
store.steampowered.com
Hello Blocktopians. You might know me a small bit. I was a TNT Operator. Today I sadly am
leaving my staff position at TNT Wars. I’m not leaving the community entirely, but I am stepping
down from TNT Op. Why? Issues other than TNT in this community. Please don’t tell me to PM a head staff, as it is just the way things are working out for me(or not working out, whichever you prefer), not an issue with other people as if someone had gone “OMG DARTH U STOOPID” and I were leaving over that. Just that my time here is unfortunately up.(School/work/TNT are not balancing)

TNT has more staff than it did when I first signed up, or even the second time. We have 9 Ops not including me, three VetOps, 9 Trusteds, 2 Controllers, a lovely Dev, and our ever-sexy KingSam. So, I feel that my time here is through. It isn’t like the first time, where I left and we ended up with only 6 or so Ops and 4 Trusteds. I remember way back in October, applying and being accepted. I got to watch a lot of people apply, resign, and grow. Some have moved from normal players to VetOp, others from pills to Operator(Fine ones too, I might add).

Being as such, I don’t feel as bad about leaving as I did the first time. I’ll still be in Blocktopia, just not as an Op on TNT. Now before all of you start going “YOU’LL BE MISSED! ;_;” I’d like to point out a few things. One of which is that I really haven’t done anything special here. That’s not a complaint, just a fact. My leaving will not destroy the TNT server. I am replaceable. Don’t go “Oh you can’t resign!” because I already have PMed KingSam about it.

I’m sure some people will miss me for a little bit, but you will all move on with your lives, just as we’ve had to do with other people. 6 months from now, I’ll be that ex-staff that people might just barely remember in the back of their heads. I’ll miss TNT greatly.

I’ll miss being able to delete spawn cannons, help out with other rulebreakers, and the randomness that is OpChat. But like I said, I must go.

And now a few (Hah, yeah right) shoutouts to people.

KingSam: You’ve always been there for help when I’ve needed it, giving good advice, and allowing me to do the meeting news twice. Thank you for that.
Alkatraz: Much the same, your calmness kept me sane many times when dealing with stuff on TNT.
0x3c0: SMP, TNT, it all was great. Your planning and tactful approach to everything was in sharp contrast to my impulsiveness.
Trying craziness, pasting two at once
AvantGarde: Playing TF2 with you and the zombie folks, TS, and helping with other stuff. Thank you for that.
Razinao: You’ve coded a lot ever since I first got here. Capture the Flag, Payload, and KOTH. Keep up all the hard work, and keep on recapping. ;)
Marnixxie: You were one of my references the second time around in applying. I thank you for that, as I can never repay it.
LagWarrior: Even though you resigned, you were my other reference. Thanks for that. Again, it’s unrepayable.
DJJono: Dat DJ. Good luck with staffing. You’ve been here for when I needed to sleep, and other times too.
89noollab: .gnipyt sdrawkcaB. Lots of fun. Gently teasing you about the backspace key(Or is there one on your keyboard? ;P) Good luck.
Stret: You just got Operator. Congratulations. Remember, use your head, and you’ll be fine.(Advice from Chrise10 to me when I first got Op)
Stieb: LOLHI.
Smoking: You’ve done great here. Keep up the good work.
Granta: Mortars… keep up the good fight. Don’t let any troubles get you down. And I will be forever treasuring that picture of me c4’ing you. You and Kloud were both there when I needed someone to bounce ideas off of.
Catgirl12466: Accidentally pinging you so many times with your keywords. x_o
Stop being too self-depreciating. You’re valued, despite your opinion sometimes. And I can still out-cynic you. ;P Keep up the staffing. And apologies for the ruckus on SMP with all the trouble I caused.
RMcraft: I remember back when you didn’t even understand how to apply, and look at you now! Keep up the good work.
Pjaj: See you, PB&J. :/
Asaechao: Dagon buddies. I remember leading you to Terragon to sign up, and all the fun on TNT with fighting, and the 1 vs 1 in the TNT tournament. Good game, son.
Pecky: I still remember our “pick on the new Trusted” evening, when we shot you with lasers and rockets. Keep up the hard work.
VeryHighUp: *rips an Elmo poster* Bye. :( (Congrats on Op, too)
Kattzen: You’ve been a great poptart cat. Keep up the helping. ;D
Sephhh: Use your head. Ask if you have questions. Don’t be afraid to talk to the higher staff. They’re all here to help. Good luck.
Kloud: Craziness on SMP and TNT, watching you grow and mature, it’s been great. Saving me on SMP when I’d pick a fight with mobs that I couldn’t win. You were the calming presence when I was going crazy, and good for when I needed to discuss something with a mature person.
Remember, it’s the internet. Things will work out. This isn’t your fault, so don’t even try to think about blaming yourself.
Sorry that the Roleplay didn’t work out for you. :/
I’ll remember Kurast, PvEing on SMP and A&T, playing on TNT.
(P.S. your skin was IntensiK. :p)
Sparks: Watching you grow from that person who would hide in lobby instead of playing, asking you to come and play so I could kil-er…see you better. Watching you finally get the highest amount of points. Your proxies when you played. Then you got Op, like I predicted.
Then, you didn’t believe me when I predicted that you’d get VetOp eventually. And you did get it. Then more predictions that also came true. I predict that eventually if things work out, you’ll end up as a Controller if Sam and the HAs decide you’re ready. x)
IRCing, TS(you troll), your million and one questions that I was happy to answer, all of that stuff. Remember, you’re not annoying when you ask questions if you’re doing it to learn.
Your randomness was entertaining, your rants fun to read, and you were there and put up with me through all the stupid mistakes I’d make. Thanks for being a calming force when there was nobody else around, and sorry for all the trouble I put you and the rest of the staff through.
Our most recent VetOp, and one of the best. Good luck with life, TNT, and all that other stuff.
Remember.
There’s too much to list here, so I leave you with this:
I VOLUNTEER AS TRIBUTE.
Skittzy: I remember way back soon after I first got Op. You commented back then that the Op+ are scary. I sincerely hope you’ve learned that not all of them are as scary as me. (Especially now that you’re an Op. :p) Thanks for the trust you placed in me on SMP. You got me to ramble my head off for a half-an-hour on TS. Music on TS.…You’ve done a lot. Sadly my TNT reference for you isn’t valid after this.:/

Best of luck
To all the people who are “following” me: Thanks. Wish I had gotten to know you guys more.
To the head staff: Thanks for putting up with me, and my stupidity sometimes. I love that you take care of all the big things, and staffing on TNT was only a small bit of payback for all that you’ve done for me. Thank you.
The force will be with you, always.

0x3c0

Donor
Reaction score
TNT IRC already looks emptier without you in there!

I've enjoyed seeing you grow as a person as you moved from player to trusted to op, and I'm sure that whichever people you meet will be lucky to know you. I know you've been stressed recently, and hopefully when you come back you'll have had time to regain your balance.

Awwwyea

Ghast Hunter
Reaction score
>That whole second paragraph :confused:
Would have made so much more sense if you were a Zombie Op.
I completely disagree with that one.

We'll all remember that little lego man we stashed away in a memory chest, I guarantee it. :D
People have proved far enough you don't need to be an Op to be remembered. :3

I guess I'll see you around, you evil, plastic, cookie-bribing Star Wars fanatic. :coffee:

properu

Pure Pro
Reaction score
Darth, I'll miss you, even though you aren't leaving completely. You were one of my references, so, thanks for that, and for staffing TNT and keeping it awesome. Just like you:p Awesome.
Who's gonna voice ALL the trusteds, and be "AFK" all the time? Or rocket me when I compliment them:c
Anywho, you were the best. Good luck in life, though you most likely won't need it.

EDIT: Wait a minute, there are only 7 trusteds o.O

Kattzen

Kattzen!
Reaction score
See ya later, darth. Good luck in life. I'll miss you for the time being but, I'm going to look on the bright side of things and that is knowing that you will return one day to bring happiness and kittens to TNT once more. You have fun out there in that wilderness we call a world. =D

Also, you still don't know how to call a chicken.

• Agree
Reactions: DarthLego5679

ColorWar

Reaction score
d'aww, sad to see you resign, but at least your still with us aye? You were a great op on TnT, probably one of the few people who would immediately come into my head, when someone said "TnT op". Best of luck with all your future endeavours mate ;)

• Optimistic

Sephhh

Supermegauber Foxy Fox!
Reaction score
Website
blocktopia.net
Bye earth!
I had a little laugh from that, lol.

Anyway we're all gonna miss you! Granta doesn't have a rival to compete with in voicing all the trusteds, plus we won't be able to hug you anymore, :3. Oh we'll remember you 6 months from now ;). I also remember you when I was first a trusted last year, and then how I resigned to leave for school, and as you said, I know how it feels like. And I came back, then this happened. I wish you all the best. Goodbye!
Oh and I'll miss the Darth who has been a Darth, and once a Sith, always a Sith /me plays Imperial March

• Optimistic

Dess

The UmbreOp
Reaction score
Well it is indeed sad to see one of my friends resign. It was always a great time playing tnt or zombie or being on Epsilon with you. You are and forever will be the abuser of me D: I look forward to your return in 8 weeks! Hope that you will re apply soon as possible! You better come visit zombie some more though when you get back so I can get revenge :3

• Haha

GrantaClause

Santa's Evil Twin
Reaction score
I really haven’t done anything special here.
That is so not true. ;____; You've been my single ounce of sanity over these past 6+ months of staffing at TNT Wars. You've voiced probably hundreds of people. You've been that one Sith lord everyone can talk to during hard times. You've pioneered diagonal grenades for all intents and purposes. You've been there on the IRC pretty much every day, either ping-able or gathering logs. You've helped more people than I can count, and you've kicked me even more times than that. There's no way you can tell me that you haven't done anything special.

Why must you leave me, Darth? ;_; This was unexpected, today of all days. You're probably the Op I've known longest over these months.

Being the Owl City fan(atic) I am, I'm first going to rage about how three of the songs I was thinking of using were all taken in this thread by those in the Darth family. ;_; Then I'll leave you with this. Imagine that that's the iconic Star Wars background we all know and love.

And then, imagine this:
"Grant Life"

I've been longing for,
Darth to be with us once more,
And I wish that Sith Lord would be on the IRC,
So I won't feel alone anymore.
So I won't feel dead anymore.

The IRC was empty but me then,
As I sat reading my textbooks again,
Sadness flowed like traffic as it poured from the server,
Heaven knows, I could really use that friend.
Good-bye, Darth. :( You'd better reapply in 8 weeks.

I'm also going to leave you with two choice phrases:
"Oh you can't resign!"
"YOU’LL BE MISSED! ;_;"