Votes: 11 52.4%
  • Could work

Votes: 8 38.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Degekken

Reaction score
The title, the most of the times people get wizard kicked because of the lag, not of respawning.
A simple solution for this would be only warnings and going back to the spot, instead of just getting kicked.

D0mac

Sneaky Beaver Purple guy= SBP guy
Reaction score
hmm not sure but this might be hard to code and could come with other downsides. and honestly like he said how often are people actually trying to CHEAT? i think this should however be seriously looked into. however i know theres some reason im overlooking on why this is a bad idea...

xrat

Reaction score
When there was no respawn kick, people constantly abused it to get out of danger whenever they fell, got chased by zombies or any other situation with some semblance of danger. If we were to remove it, the same thing would happen and the zombies would get angry.

Degekken

Reaction score
When there was no respawn kick, people constantly abused it to get out of danger whenever they fell, got chased by zombies or any other situation with some semblance of danger. If we were to remove it, the same thing would happen and the zombies would get angry.
No It cant be abused, the respawn just dont work like now but instead of getting kicked you get only warnings

xrat

Reaction score
If there was a way to make it so that you couldn't respawn it would have been implemented long ago.

Degekken

Reaction score
If there was a way to make it so that you couldn't respawn it would have been implemented long ago.
Dude, its like this system, once you respawn you get warned the first 2 times and you go back where you tried to respawn from, but instead of the kick you only get warnings, so it CANNOT be abused by people.

Enceladus

Live. Laugh. Love.
Reaction score
If you do not punish players for doing something they will not stop. The kick must be in place so players understand that breaking the rules (ex. respawning) has *serious* consequences. Giving them a little message that says "HEY! Stop that!" will not do anything.

Also, if I recall, there was a fix a while back that did something to significantly decrease the amount of lag kicks. And honestly, overall, more people are probably kicked from respawning than from lag.

D

DieLorelei

As Ence and others have said, kicking is necessary...

As for removing respawning, its a command written in the game(minecraft) itself. Taking out that which was built into the game(if its not impossible) changes the game into something else entirely, so whats the point...

One Survivor

Terminator Zombificator, Stone Survivor!
Reaction score
Apparently, I think that may be QUITE hard to code; As DieLorelei stated, pressing the R button is just included in the entire game itself, kicking is necessary. If anything in the coding turns out wrong, there may be a massive amount of issues.

Damer_Flinn

Resident Asha'man
Reaction score
He's not saying "rewrite the whole code", he's saying "delete the kick". which means it would be fairly simple to change. However, this is the way it worked in the old server and there were a few exploitable bugs that a kickless respawn creates. (I won't tell you if you ask, so don't bother) Both ways have their flaws, so I'll stick with the one that has less.

D0mac

Reaction score
i would really like you guys to reconsider and think of a different way. i need it bad.
i can not explain how enraged i am. i have just been trying to play and cant get in a full round without bloody getting lag kicked. i have tryed 4 times and 4 kicks. it is really annoying me. i might have to quit if i cant stay in the game for more then 10 minutes. please put some thought into this blocktopia is a great community and i would like to stay here :D

Damer_Flinn

Resident Asha'man
Reaction score
Thought is being put into this, we're not just tossing ideas out the window.

Now think about the other end of that. If we were to set it to place you back where you were before the server thought you respawned you would be essentially frozen in place with the connection you just described.

D0mac

Reaction score
ok fair enough. im sorry if how i sounded before was a bit stupid but i was really annoyed. i feel kind of stupid now but then again you would have been angry too :D

D

DieLorelei

What if respawning could instead result in instant zombification, instead of actually respawning? That way it can be seperate from lag and respawners are still punished.

D0mac

Reaction score
hmm yes this is possible but zombies could use it to get around...

Nillbugwtw

Zombier than thou.
Community Admin
Donor
Reaction score
Or, instead of fixing the effect, we could fix the cause. Instead of changing respawn mechanics, why not just 'tone down' the respawn sensor? Then it wouldn't kick(as many) laggers, but would still address the issue of respawning.

Shinyshark

Professional innuendo creator/finder.
Reaction score
So you want to delay the kick?
If you're giving out warnings then you'll get kicked anyway, and if the person lags on his own then he/she get's kicked no matter what happens, Kind of useless if you'd ask me.
However if it is server lag, I'd say yes.

Jayfeather

Gay Magician
Donor
Reaction score
Or, instead of fixing the effect, we could fix the cause. Instead of changing respawn mechanics, why not just 'tone down' the respawn sensor? Then it wouldn't kick(as many) laggers, but would still address the issue of respawning.
That's a nice idea, and a very small amount of people would know how to abuse it in anyway ;3

D

DieLorelei

That's a nice idea, and a very small amount of people would know how to abuse it in anyway ;3
Thats not entirely true, ive seen people build pillars, set their spawn and jump down to make holes and respawn back up... It only takes one person to realize this and use it before everyone else starts too.

I do think that changing the effect is more logical, if its possible to have hitting respawn as an instant kick, and not the teleportation to the respawn point itself, then lag and respawning could be entirely different kicks...

This all said, I believe the current respawn sensor kick is a 25block radius from where you are when it thinks you teleport... In a sense, if the server doesn't recognize you moving those 25 blocks, thats some pretty bad lag and i feel like even though its not the players fault, it would get very irritating to not be able to catch someone because of their lag.... Not to mention even more frustrating to be caught by someone who appears 25 blocks away then suddenly catch you...

Both kicks are necessary

Status
Not open for further replies.