Nitasu987's AdvBuilder Application

nitasu987

Reaction score
Username:nitasu987
Approximately Amount of time spent on the server: I try to go on for a good amount of time when I’m working on a project. Usually, BB (or occasionally AOD) is the only reason I go on Minecraft at all! Depending on my homework load, schedule, and other stuff (My mom has a strict rule about no computer after 7:00 PM my time). Being and AdvBuilder will give me a much better way to interact with some extremely unique people who are Blocktopia Staff, and as well, I'll be able to help out new builders too!
References (Adv+): Tnmjimbob, Nogtrog, HeroOfTime125, and iiDeathCookies. Thanks so much you guys! <3
Screenshots of creations (along with warps to the creations): For Frostholm and Vindrel, I have provided Dropbox links to see screenshots!
Just a little backstory…
I first applied for AdvBuilder on November 17th, 2012. I really screwed that up. I wasn’t too great of a builder, and now, well whaddyaknow? I’ve improved, taken a boatload of information in, and really just had fun! I feel that I really am ready for ADV, not only because of my building skills, but when I see people fighting on Buildbox, I want to get in there and help break it up. (Sorta why I’ll probably apply for OP in the future.) I think that the presence of someone in the “Lime Club” definitely has an impact on guiding players on improving their building skills and just keeping the peace, and making BB a friendly and happy build server! Also, sorry in advance for the lengthy app :D Let’s get started with the grand tour of my builds!

Frostholm (no warp due to terrain being replaced)
Built on the old terrain, Frostholm was my first major build ever and my build I used for my first ADV app. It’s heavily influenced by Riften, from Skyrim. I’ve really improved on and expanded on a lot of the builds, and while battling a handful of griefs I’ve paid a lot of attention to detail, such as the varied bricks on the castle and the Glowstone Lights on the Walkways. I know my building skills aren’t the best ever, but Frostholm’s got some of my best. Since oldterrain isn’t up anymore, Malcovent said that just having pictures of it should be sufficient. It was too tedious to copy over to plot world, so if you do get to explore Frostholm (If Nill or Damer can bring it back up for a bit, not sure if they could), make sure you look carefully for all of the hidden stuff that’s in there! I was in the process of turning it into an AOD map, but since terrain got wiped, that’s not going to happen, sadly. Personally my favorite part of Frostholm is the Sunken Ship Tavern, where the Theives Guild hangs out underground it. WOO TOTAL SKYRIM RIPOFF. But yeah, I had a ton of fun making it :D Also, for this build I used SMP’s Revival Texture Pack.
Screenshots: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/mki0t1zga4ma47l/WM0v7BGvQG?v=0mcng

Here are screenshots for the following builds, including Mirkholm. https://www.dropbox.com/sh/7xip47yb3zw82xf/a-q2A96DRs

Airships (/warp Hippogriff /warp Bovril, /warp Navigator on flatland, /warp windranger on plots)
The H.M.S. Windranger was built using one of Jub’s War-Balloon Airships as a model, and has 2 working Flame Cannons. The H. M.S. Hippogriff is probably my best work regarding the details in the front of the airship. The H.M.S. Navigator is small, but has lots of details, including a blue wool rudder sort of thing. The H.M.S. Bovril was my new experiment with using a Spherical Balloon, and I think it turned out great! As with Frostholm, I’ve focused a lot on the small details rather than lots of big, grandiose builds. I guess you could call me a minimalist or something when it comes down to the overall sized of my build compared to the details, such as the Clanker Insignia on the balloons, and furnishings inside the ships. Be sure to check out the insides! Built using SMP’s Revival Texture Pack, but screenshotted in A’therys Ascended.

Spandau Golem(/warp nitamech on flatland)
The Golem is a small Mech I made after being inspired by reading Scott Westerfield’s Leviathan. It’s not too special other than it has working Fire Charge Cannons. Behind it is my One-Block-Wide Elevator that was just a random test.

Spandau Destruktor (/warp destruktor on plots)
This massive Mech has 2 working Flame Blasters and is just plain massive! Built mostly with WE, The Destruktor is the biggest of my builds and is quite terrifying to face in battle! It can stand up to many airships by hurling giant balls of flames at them. This was more of a just-for-fun and WE experiment build. Built with SMP’s Revival, Screens in A’therys Ascended.

Aeonis Estate (/warp nitahouse on terrain)
This is a little Mansion I built, complete with Skyrim-Inspired Lumber Mill and a farm and a stable for a horse for when 1.6 comes out. Make sure to check out the inside, because it’s pretty detailed! There’s also a small ship :D

Vindrel (No Warp)
This is a village built on Single Player, so there are a lot of pictures for it! It was built on JamziboyMinecraft’s Rise of Kings Terrain Map. It features many houses, a bridge, barracks, a farm with a windmill house, stables, blacksmith, a small market, a tavern, and a ship! In case you are wondering the validity of this, trust me, I built all of the buildings on it. You can download Jamziboy’s Map for yourself, go to the exact spot, (1079, 78, 113) and you’ll see nothing there. There obviously aren’t any other downloads for any reproduction of the map out there, as that’s not allowed by Creative Commons or whatever it is. I used A’therys Ascended Texture Pack for building this, which inspired a lot of the personality of the town, its colors being brown/white due to the flag “painting” hanging up in most houses.
Screenshots: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/lfyj5schd3xlurj/gau0fvaHhO?v=0mcng

Mirkholm (/warp Mirkholm on terrain)
This is my new Skyrim-Inspired City on Terrain, which the layout (Somewhat) , location, and inspiration being from Dawnstar. While this is a lot smaller than Frostholm, I definitely went for more creativity and better building designs, as you can clearly see by the Nordic styles I’ve done (or at least attempted), especially on my Lighthouse, Jarl’s Longhouse, and other houses. I honestly think this is the best piece of work I’ve done, as it’s taken a ton of my past experiences into light and exploded it onto this nice fluffy snow in terrain. You won’t be able to see without my texturepack (A’therys Ascended), but on the Temple of Julianos, there’s Jungle Wood Planks and Spruce Planks to give it a bit more variety and detail. I know the sails on the longship are HUGE, but I like it that way :D (Screenshots are included in the file along with the rest of the BB screenshots.)

Anyways, as you can see I’ve come a long way from where I was when I applied for ADV the first time. I know I have drastically improved, and I love being on BB. I hope you guys accept me, and that you get a chance to check out my builds! I'd really love to get a chance to work with you all at keeping Buildbox a friendly place to build stuff!
Signed: nitasu987 :D

Jubjubers

Best BuildBox Guy 2011 - 2013
Reaction score
Website
www.lingscars.com
0 - I really am not sure the buildings themselves are of the quality we would need for advanced builder, though I know you have the behaviour and personality that would suit it, your building skills really do need to improve. Again, sorry.

• Love
Reactions: nitasu987

nitasu987

Reaction score
0 - I really am not sure the buildings themselves are of the quality we would need for advanced builder, though I know you have the behaviour and personality that would suit it, your building skills really do need to improve. Again, sorry.

Meh, I see what you're saying, but you know how hard I try anyways. I really try to add new details and make the buildings look really well-developed.

Prizyms

あんたバカァ~!?
Mafia Host
Reaction score
I'm actually going to have to give you a 0. Not because of your builds, which are very good(you've spent a lot of time on them and your builds are numerous. You've come a huge way since your first application!), but mainly because of your motives for applying. What worries me is this:
I feel that I really am ready for ADV, not because of my building skills, but when I see people fighting on Buildbox, I want to get in there and help break it up. (Sorta why I’ll probably apply for OP in the future.)
What I'm getting from this quote here is that you're applying for this rank to have some sort of authority on the server, which this rank does not give or stand for in any way. All moderation commands were removed from AdvBuilder some time ago and is now almost purely a building rank. If you want to be a symbol of authority, AdvBuilder is not the rank you're looking to apply for.

nitasu987

Reaction score
I'm actually going to have to give you a 0. Not because of your builds, which are very good(you've spent a lot of time on them and your builds are numerous. You've come a huge way since your first application!), but mainly because of your motives for applying. What worries me is this:
I feel that I really am ready for ADV, not because of my building skills, but when I see people fighting on Buildbox, I want to get in there and help break it up. (Sorta why I’ll probably apply for OP in the future.)
What I'm getting from this quote here is that you're applying for this rank to have some sort of authority on the server, which this rank does not give or stand for in any way. All moderation commands were removed from AdvBuilder some time ago and is now almost purely a building rank. If you want to be a symbol of authority, AdvBuilder is not the rank you're looking to apply for.

Ahh I see. Well, for me it works both ways. Really, I think I deserve the rank because I've improved and I can only go up. What my point is in talking about the authority is that yeah, there really isn't. but a lot of the times ops aren't on the server, or at least 1-2 and they're busy. It then falls to the ADV's to help out, right? And I really think my building skills are on par with many other adv's out there. I really hope you can lean up to a +1 because you did say my builds were good! In honesty I see the *small/puny/minimal* authority (which there is not much of) as an added benefit to when there aren't any ops on, or they are busy building their own amazing creations.

• Agree
Reactions: Olix

tnm

Reaction score
Right. Your building skills are definitely up to the required standards, they've improved bucket loads from your last application! However, as Prizyms said, Advanced Builder isn't a staff rank, it's merely a higher player rank. I know how you feel though, I wanted to apply for Advanced before going for Operator. This isn't going to change my vote though, so because of that I'm going for a +1.

• Thank You
Reactions: Zelz and nitasu987

nitasu987

Reaction score
Right. Your building skills are definitely up to the required standards, they've improved bucket loads from your last application! However, as Prizyms said, Advanced Builder isn't a staff rank, it's merely a higher player rank. I know how you feel though, I wanted to apply for Advanced before going for Operator. This isn't going to change my vote though, so because of that I'm going for a +1.

Right. It's NOT a staff rank. I just feel that when Ops aren't on, ADV is the second best thing, so that's really a part of why I wanted to get the rank. It was silly to say it was XD Thanks for your +1 <3

Zelz

the cooliest
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Oki doki loki, so.. Firstly, you're an awesome guy. Secondly, my gosh has your building gone up since before. Remember that tower thingy ma bobby that you shown me? That was the main thing that made me reference you. It's gosh darn beautiful. And, I can definitely see that you have great potential due to how much you've gotten better. Whilst, you're not the best around for building, you're still up there.
However, with that said, it's too dangerous to go alone, take this;
You're fabulous and I wish you the best.

• Thank You
Reactions: nitasu987

nitasu987

Reaction score
Oki doki loki, so.. Firstly, you're an awesome guy. Secondly, my gosh has your building gone up since before. Remember that tower thingy ma bobby that you shown me? That was the main thing that made me reference you. It's gosh darn beautiful. And, I can definitely see that you have great potential due to how much you've gotten better. Whilst, you're not the best around for building, you're still up there.
However, with that said, it's too dangerous to go alone, take this;
You're fabulous and I wish you the best.

Thanks zel, means a lot :D So.... To be clear, is that a +1 or a 0 or a -1?

EDIT: Nevermind...

MikeTang

Lego Block Op
Reaction score
Good work nitasu, this one thinks your norse city was a huge improvement. There is still some concerns about using other work and combining it with yours, but we are still learners in this world so why not?
+1

• Thank You
Reactions: Zelz and nitasu987

nitasu987

Reaction score
Good work nitasu, this one thinks your norse city was a huge improvement. There is still some concerns about using other work and combining it with yours, but we are still learners in this world so why not?
+1
Thanks a ton Mike! I see what you're saying about using the hull of your airship, but you're right, I'm still learning as I go. I've got a long way to go to be at the skill level of many of the other Adv+'s, but I'm not giving up :D The reason I wanted to use the hull was mainly because I'd never made a giant airship before, and I wanted to give it a whirl. Thanks to you, I really experimented with a lot of the details and stuff that I put on my solo airships. You're so awesome!

IQD

why we can't have nice things
Contributor
Reaction score
Breaking up fights is not the job of an Adv. That's what the staff are for. If you want the rank for authority, I'm not in support.

Considering the quality of your builds, however, I'm gonna go with a 0.

nitasu987

Reaction score
Breaking up fights is not the job of an Adv. That's what the staff are for. If you want the rank for authority, I'm not in support.

Considering the quality of your builds, however, I'm gonna go with a 0.

If you take a look at some previous posts on this thread, you see I've sorta retracted that statement. I figured that it's just the 'presence' of an ADV when no Ops are on, which happens a lot. I see lots of fights breaking out when there's no authoritative figures on, and I feel like I want to help. Builders and players listen to an respect ADV's which would be nice for breaking up smaller fights without bothering Ops. That's only ONE of the reasons I want to be an AdvancedBuilder. I feel that my builds are good enough, and that I've got the personality, charisma, and maturity and overall kindness and helpfulness that makes up the ADVBuilder. I hope you can lean to a +1, it'd help a lot :D

nitasu987

Reaction score
It's been 10 days since the thread's seen some action... I know Angel's without internet, so is there anything that can be done besides wait? The suspense is killing me :D I hope those who are leaning to a +1 will be able to give a +1, and to those who have, thank you so much!

Friendy

SMP Overlord & Events Manager
Admin
Donor
Survival Staff
Reaction score
Okay, this application has been un-decided long enough I believe! Unfortunately, I will be giving you a 0 after taking careful consideration on your builds. I realise that you have come a very long way since you started and your builds have quantified in brilliance, however as SalientGorilla said I do not feel they are as good as they could be.

Some of your builds, such as "nitahouse" for example are very under-developed and lack detail, and unfortunately are not Adv Builder quality. On a good note, you are heading in the right way with your builds "Mirkholm" and "Vindrel".. from those builds you should really dedicate yourself to re-structuring certain aspects on the way you build in quality, and if the quality is right, then quantity! If you do this then I am sure your builds will be of standard and you will definitely become an adv builder :)