My new map :p (Ball World)

Status
Not open for further replies.

edudew

Reaction score
Ball World

Name of map: Ball World
Author: edudew
Size: Whole plot (there are walls around it so its smaller than it but yeah)
Map boundary: the plot
Kits: In the input file (hunters: leader: Extreme Cube normal: Cube, Triangle, Cross survivors: Ball, Circle)
Random or choose kits?: random
Screenshots: http://imgur.com/a/J9AqE
Notes: So now I made a new map (haven't made any after the forest, but I have big project unfinished)
and it's inside an oak structure. There is dirt balls and inside every ball, there is a chest (chests are only inside the balls) and here is some screenshots of it. (you can check it in the plot world on buildbox)
Download Link: It's in the plotworld. /mvtp plots
Input File:
Code:
MapName: Ball_World
BuildTime: 120
GameTime: 360
WorldTime: 13000
SpawnProtectTime: 5000
WorldWeather: 0
Team0:
  SpawnType: 0
  SpawnLocation:
    ==: Vector
    x: -1458.5
    y: 65.0
    z: 1491.5
  ChooseKit: false
  OneKitPerRound: false
  KitResetTime: 1
  BoxChance: 15
Team1:
  SpawnLocation:
Centre:
  x: -1472
  y: 64.0
  z: 1483
WorldSize: 100
SkyLimit: 256
ResetInventory: true
CanUseLocate: false
SurvivorRestrictedPlaceAll: false
SurvivorRestrictedBreakAll: true
HunterRestrictedPlaceAll: false
HunterRestrictedBreakAll: true
MysteryBoxChance: 5
SurvivorRestrictedBreak:
SurvivorRestrictedPlace:
- BEDROCK
SurvivorRestrictedBreakEx:
HunterRestrictedPlace:
- BEDROCK
HunterRestrictedBreak:
Kit:
  HunterFree:
    Scavenger:
    - WOOD_SWORD
  Juggernaut:
    Titan:
    - DIAMOND_HELMET
    - DIAMOND_CHESTPLATE
    - DIAMOND_LEGGINGS
    - DIAMOND_BOOTS
    - DIAMOND_SWORD
    - BOW
    - GRILLED_PORK|16
    - WOOL|64
    - POTION.8258|1
    - POTION.5|1
    - POTION.5|1
    - POTION.5|1
    - POTION.8257|1
    - ARROW|64
  HunterLeader:
    Leader:
    - IRON_SWORD
    - IRON_CHESTPLATE
    - IRON_BOOTS
  HunterStart:
    Cube:
    - STONE_SWORD
    - LAVA_BUCKET
    - ENDER_PEARL|2
    - IRON_CHESTPLATE
    Triangle:
    - BOW
    - ENDER_PEARL|2
    - ARROW|21
    - IRON_CHESTPLATE
    - LAVA_BUCKET
    Cross:
    - IRON_PICKAXE
    - ENDER_PEARL|2
    - LAVA_BUCKET
    - DIRT|64
  SurvivorStart:
    Ball:
    - WOOD_SWORD
    - LEATHER_HELMET
    - BREAD|8
    Circle:
    - BOW
    - BREAD|8
    - ARROW|21

edudew

Reaction score
Might be a good idea to use this format:
Name of map:
Author:
Size:
Map boundary:
Kits:
Random or choose kits?:
Screenshots:
Notes:
Download Link:
Input File:

Everyone can see the name in the input file or on top of the thread, Author can be read in the input file and under this maps name. Size, map boundary, kits, random or choose kits are on the input file. I have link to the screenshots there, notes are there too (above the screenshots). It is in the plot world so i think i don't need download link there and the input file is there too. So I think i don't need to make this thread like that format, but thanks for the idea though :)

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Name of map:
Author:
Size:
Map boundary:
Kits:
Random or choose kits?:
Screenshots:
Notes:
Download Link:
Input File:

Everyone can see the name in the input file or on top of the thread, Author can be read in the input file and under this maps name. Size, map boundary, kits, random or choose kits are on the input file. I have link to the screenshots there, notes are there too (above the screenshots). It is in the plot world so i think i don't need download link there and the input file is there too. So I think i don't need to make this thread like that format, but thanks for the idea though :)
Well it is just a way of us making sure you have filled in the input file correctly sometimes, as for example say you type that the map size of the map is 100x100, but then put the world size as 100. :p (it should be 50)
But, thank you very much for creating the input file, you did a very good job! However, there are some spacing issues that I will sort out for you soon!
As for the map itself, thanks for submitting it! It is very unique and creative! I really like the idea, I think the gameplay will be lots of fun, but i'm not sure if it will work that well. Survivors could easily win just be shooting hunters off of the water falls. I suggest giving the kits ender pearls :)
The kits seem fine, but I hope there is food in the chests, as one kit doesn't get food.
I am going with a 0 for now, but leaning to a +1 if the things mentioned are sorted ;)
Good luck!

edudew

Reaction score
Name of map:
Author:
Size:
Map boundary:
Kits:
Random or choose kits?:
Screenshots:
Notes:
Download Link:
Input File:

Well it is just a way of us making sure you have filled in the input file correctly sometimes, as for example say you type that the map size of the map is 100x100, but then put the world size as 100. :p (it should be 50)
But, thank you very much for creating the input file, you did a very good job! However, there are some spacing issues that I will sort out for you soon!
As for the map itself, thanks for submitting it! It is very unique and creative! I really like the idea, I think the gameplay will be lots of fun, but i'm not sure if it will work that well. Survivors could easily win just be shooting hunters off of the water falls. I suggest giving the kits ender pearls :)
The kits seem fine, but I hope there is food in the chests, as one kit doesn't get food.
I am going with a 0 for now, but leaning to a +1 if the things mentioned are sorted ;)
Good luck!

Oh yeah there is food in the chests, but I'll add food for the other kit too. And I'll add enderpearls to the hunter kits, but could you tell me, how can I make fire to not spread or destroy anything? So I could give hunters lava buckets (easier to kill survivors who are hiding inside the balls) And I put the world size 100, because I wanna be sure of that you can go everywhere on the map (not on the wall though, but there is no way to get on the walls so its safe) :)

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
but could you tell me, how can I make fire to not spread or destroy anything? So I could give hunters lava buckets (easier to kill survivors who are hiding inside the balls) And I put the world size 100, because I wanna be sure of that you can go everywhere on the map (not on the wall though, but there is no way to get on the walls so its safe) :)
Oh, I just used 100 as a random example, I didn't realize it was your scenario haha.
Also, fire spread is off by default, I believe. :) (If I'm wrong please someone do tell me ;) but i'm pretty sure about it.)

Jeff0521

OPtimistic
Reaction score
Survivors could easily win just be shooting hunters off of the water falls.
Waterfalls are better (And easier to ascend) than spiral towers, and survivors can easily win with them too, but you don't see those as a problem?
:confused:

Anyway, Edude, I like the map as well. It's visually appealing to me. The kits seem alright.
The sphere idea isn't very creative, but I still very much like the map. I'm going with a +1.

Goodluck!

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Waterfalls are better (And easier to ascend) than spiral towers, and survivors can easily win with them too, but you don't see those as a problem?
Well usually towers have to be worked for, but on this map it is already there. It's just my opinion ;) I just think it will end up like lilypadcrossing where it was an easy win to just camp on the big floating island and shoot any hunters out of the water.

Jivvi

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Well usually towers have to be worked for, but on this map it is already there. It's just my opinion ;) I just think it will end up like lilypadcrossing where it was an easy win to just camp on the big floating island and shoot any hunters out of the water.
But like LilypadCrossing, the Survivors usually fall once the Hunters get their hand on some enderpearls, shoot them off, and basically just completely swarm them altogether. Most similar maps have the Survivor's camp fall apart in a similar way eventually.

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
But like LilypadCrossing, the Survivors usually fall once the Hunters get their hand on some enderpearls, shoot them off, and basically just completely swarm them altogether. Most similar maps have the Survivor's camp fall apart in a similar way eventually.
I know, which is why I suggested giving the kits ender pearls haha xD Don't get me wrong, I think this will work with ender pearls. :p

edudew

Reaction score
I know, which is why I suggested giving the kits ender pearls haha xD Don't get me wrong, I think this will work with ender pearls. :p

And if they don't work well, they can be removed right?

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Okay, here is the input file; sorry for the wait! Is everything alright? I added the usual scavenger kit as you didn't include one, is that okay? Thanks.
Code:
Team0:
  SpawnLocation:
Team1:
  SpawnLocation:
Centre:
SurvivorRestrictedBreak:
SurvivorRestrictedPlace:
- BEDROCK
HunterRestrictedPlace:
- BEDROCK
HunterRestrictedBreak:
Kit:
  HunterFree:
    Scavenger:
    - WOOD_SWORD
  Juggernaut:
    Titan:
    - DIAMOND_HELMET
    - DIAMOND_CHESTPLATE
    - DIAMOND_LEGGINGS
    - DIAMOND_BOOTS
    - DIAMOND_SWORD
    - BOW
    - GRILLED_PORK|16
    - WOOL|64
    - POTION.8258|1
    - POTION.5|1
    - POTION.5|1
    - POTION.5|1
    - POTION.8257|1
    - ARROW|64
  HunterLeader:
    Leader:
    - IRON_SWORD
    - IRON_CHESTPLATE
    - IRON_BOOTS
  HunterStart:
    Cube:
    - STONE_SWORD
    - LAVA_BUCKET
    - ENDER_PEARL|2
    - IRON_CHESTPLATE
    Triangle:
    - BOW
    - ENDER_PEARL|2
    - ARROW|21
    - IRON_CHESTPLATE
    - LAVA_BUCKET
    Cross:
    - IRON_PICKAXE
    - ENDER_PEARL|2
    - LAVA_BUCKET
    - DIRT|64
  SurvivorStart:
    Ball:
    - WOOD_SWORD
    - LEATHER_HELMET
    - BREAD|8
    Circle:
    - BOW
    - BREAD|8
    - ARROW|21
Also it would be nice if you could just fill out the format just in case, it won't take long ;) thanks!

edudew

Reaction score
Okay, here is the input file; sorry for the wait! Is everything alright? I added the usual scavenger kit as you didn't include one, is that okay? Thanks.
Code:
Team0:
  SpawnLocation:
  KitResetTime: 120
Team1:
  SpawnLocation:
Centre:
SurvivorRestrictedBreak:
SurvivorRestrictedPlace:
- BEDROCK
HunterRestrictedPlace:
- BEDROCK
HunterRestrictedBreak:
Kit:
  HunterFree:
    Scavenger:
    - WOOD_SWORD
  Juggernaut:
    Titan:
    - DIAMOND_HELMET
    - DIAMOND_CHESTPLATE
    - DIAMOND_LEGGINGS
    - DIAMOND_BOOTS
    - DIAMOND_SWORD
    - BOW
    - GRILLED_PORK|16
    - WOOL|64
    - POTION.8258|1
    - POTION.5|1
    - POTION.5|1
    - POTION.5|1
    - POTION.8257|1
    - ARROW|64
  HunterLeader:
    Leader:
    - IRON_SWORD
    - IRON_CHESTPLATE
    - IRON_BOOTS
  HunterStart:
    Cube:
    - STONE_SWORD
    - LAVA_BUCKET
    - ENDER_PEARL|2
    - IRON_CHESTPLATE
    Triangle:
    - BOW
    - ENDER_PEARL|2
    - ARROW|21
    - IRON_CHESTPLATE
    - LAVA_BUCKET
    Cross:
    - IRON_PICKAXE
    - ENDER_PEARL|2
    - LAVA_BUCKET
    - DIRT|64
  SurvivorStart:
    Ball:
    - WOOD_SWORD
    - LEATHER_HELMET
    - BREAD|8
    Circle:
    - BOW
    - BREAD|8
    - ARROW|21
Also it would be nice if you could just fill out the format just in case, it won't take long ;) thanks!

I'll fill out the format if you insist and I already have the input file there? + I took scavenger off on purpose, many people hate it including me :d When are the other staff members going to check this?

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Code:
Team0:
  SpawnLocation:
Team1:
  SpawnLocation:
Centre:
SurvivorRestrictedBreak:
SurvivorRestrictedPlace:
- BEDROCK
HunterRestrictedPlace:
- BEDROCK
HunterRestrictedBreak:
Kit:
  HunterFree:
    Scavenger:
    - WOOD_SWORD
  Juggernaut:
    Titan:
    - DIAMOND_HELMET
    - DIAMOND_CHESTPLATE
    - DIAMOND_LEGGINGS
    - DIAMOND_BOOTS
    - DIAMOND_SWORD
    - BOW
    - GRILLED_PORK|16
    - WOOL|64
    - POTION.8258|1
    - POTION.5|1
    - POTION.5|1
    - POTION.5|1
    - POTION.8257|1
    - ARROW|64
  HunterLeader:
    Leader:
    - IRON_SWORD
    - IRON_CHESTPLATE
    - IRON_BOOTS
  HunterStart:
    Cube:
    - STONE_SWORD
    - LAVA_BUCKET
    - ENDER_PEARL|2
    - IRON_CHESTPLATE
    Triangle:
    - BOW
    - ENDER_PEARL|2
    - ARROW|21
    - IRON_CHESTPLATE
    - LAVA_BUCKET
    Cross:
    - IRON_PICKAXE
    - ENDER_PEARL|2
    - LAVA_BUCKET
    - DIRT|64
  SurvivorStart:
    Ball:
    - WOOD_SWORD
    - LEATHER_HELMET
    - BREAD|8
    Circle:
    - BOW
    - BREAD|8
    - ARROW|21

I'll fill out the format if you insist and I already have the input file there? + I took scavenger off on purpose, many people hate it including me :d When are the other staff members going to check this?
Yes I know but you did it a bit wrong so I sorted it ;)
Okay, I will just make the kit reset time really low so the only way scavenger is possible is to die within one second. I will just leave the kit as default ;)

Haysagar

AoD Con
Reaction score
Not much of a fan for the map. Seems to simple and still has a WE feeling on the wall's around the map. Kit's look fine as long as the chest's balances out the survivor's a bit more. Going to go with a 0

edudew

Reaction score
Sorry that I haven't finished the input file yet! I've been on a vacation so it has been impossible :d but I'll do it now ;)

Baker93

Alkaqube
Reaction score
Apologies for the inexcusably long time it has taken for me to respond to this. I too agree that the use of spheres lead to a rather rushed and rough feel, which is added to by a lack of variation between islands. If you were determined to stick to balls as the main basis for your islands, perhaps you could have used different blocks, to simply add a wider range in design and potentially gameplay.

Declined for now, sorry!

Status
Not open for further replies.