Medic

omgitsathong

PinWheels
Reaction score
Ahh you guys have some of it wrong. I see the flaw in the /fly, but its not actually fly if you read the first post. It would be water around them instead of glass, just their feet most likely to make them move slower and unable to fly. And, also, there would be a time limit before the medic can heal someone. I personally like ShinyShark's idea, maybe when a zombie touches a human, there would be 10 seconds before the human would become a zombie. This would be interesting. For marnixxie's idea of curing the first zombie, shinysharks idea would definitely be able to counter that, because medics wont cure zombies, only halfway infected humans? And the time limit between cures should be a bit long, and only 1 per time or until the medicine wears off. Hope this clears up some of the flaws. Great feedback guys :)

Reactions: Jayfeather

Pokemon365

Reaction score
Okay since this half/human thing will greatly affect the game, this whole thing would need to be activated by one whole vet-op command, and not just be played randomly. Plus with the water for /fly, if they float in the water will the water get higher and they could technically fly? We might need to look into that.
Other than that i think this is a great idea!
In more explanation of the water thing: When you jump with /fly, the glass goes up, so if you float on the water, the water might go up and you could fly. Also with this, the glass appears below you, so when you are on a flat surface it does not appear. This might be a problem with the water, as it would have to be waist level, not under your feet

Marnixxie

Hippo
Reaction score
Ahh you guys have some of it wrong. I see the flaw in the /fly, but its not actually fly if you read the first post. It would be water around them instead of glass, just their feet most likely to make them move slower and unable to fly. And, also, there would be a time limit before the medic can heal someone. I personally like ShinyShark's idea, maybe when a zombie touches a human, there would be 10 seconds before the human would become a zombie. This would be interesting. For marnixxie's idea of curing the first zombie, shinysharks idea would definitely be able to counter that, because medics wont cure zombies, only halfway infected humans? And the time limit between cures should be a bit long, and only 1 per time or until the medicine wears off. Hope this clears up some of the flaws. Great feedback guys :)
Look that sounds better already!
But have you anything in mind with the skin issue?
Because from zombie back to human you keep the zombie skin.

And sorry if I sounded harsh on this, but I just try to get the best out of a suggestion.

omgitsathong

PinWheels
Reaction score
Nono, i dont take anything too seriously or get offended easily, this is all helpful feedback :). and as for skin issue, they wouldnt have a zombie skin if they arent a zombie yet. There would be a 5 or 10 second wait before turning into a zombie after being caught. During that time, thats when a medic is able to cure them, so the skin issue might not be a problem in this one. If they are fully a zombie, then a medic cannot revive them.

Pokemon365

Reaction score
Nono, i dont take anything too seriously or get offended easily, this is all helpful feedback :). and as for skin issue, they wouldnt have a zombie skin if they arent a zombie yet. There would be a 5 or 10 second wait before turning into a zombie after being caught. During that time, thats when a medic is able to cure them, so the skin issue might not be a problem in this one. If they are fully a zombie, then a medic cannot revive them.
Could the half-infected people get a skin like zombies? Possibly a green steve? They could also get a black name, making it easy to identify them, and if they get "revived" they could go back to their regular skin, and if they dont, they will become a zombie. I think that this will help.
Would my idea work though?

Edit: We could have one of these skins (I think they fit the situation)
http://www.planetminecraft.com/skin/half-zombie-steve/
http://www.planetminecraft.com/skin/half-zombie-half-steve/
http://minecraftskinspro.com/default.asp?action=readreviews&link=48787
http://www.planetminecraft.com/skin/sick-steve/
I personally like 1 and 4

omgitsathong

PinWheels
Reaction score
Hmm, poke this would be a good way to identify humans that are close to be infected, but, the problem is what marnixxie stated. If you are a zombie(so the half infected would be the same) your skin will stay the same if you get converted back into a human. So that would be one of the problems, unless im wrong and its just for being a zombie.

balloon98

The balloon that never pops
Reaction score
Could the half-infected people get a skin like zombies? Possibly a green steve? They could also get a black name, making it easy to identify them, and if they get "revived" they could go back to their regular skin, and if they dont, they will become a zombie. I think that this will help.
Would my idea work though?

Edit: We could have one of these skins (I think they fit the situation)
http://www.planetminecraft.com/skin/half-zombie-steve/
http://www.planetminecraft.com/skin/half-zombie-half-steve/
http://minecraftskinspro.com/default.asp?action=readreviews&link=48787
http://www.planetminecraft.com/skin/sick-steve/
I personally like 1 and 4
Not to mention it would cost money to make a new account to use the skins

Friendy

SMP Overlord & Events Manager
Admin
Donor
Survival Staff
Reaction score
I'll post it again.

Btw, This is exactly the same suggestion as mine that you could cure Zombies (In my Blue/Red pill thread) but the only difference is that you have a time limit to who you can cure, Mine was just a command you could type /bluepill on TIME and you'd get a chance to find the Blue block or something, Break it and how ever many seconds/minutes to cure zombies.

Or it was the red pill, I forgot; Anyway, Mine got turned down so what would make this any different? - I'm not trying to shoot this suggestion down like ethical1337 but I don't see any good points from it, Unless you were able to make it so that you could only cure the "Chosen" Zombie, Or there could be a new type of Infection where if you get "Infected" you could go on for a cert.. Wait, Basically this:

Omgitsathong: /medic on 3 1 (Format: Medic on TIME ROUNDS - ROUNDS doesn't have to be added)
Then on the next round instead of being instantly infected you'd be infected by a player with a Yellow name and your name would stay white for around 30 seconds to a minute in which you'd become infected (Yellownot red) Without your knowing. The humans would obviously see the Yellow names and have to run away from the Half-Dead; But the players with Yellow names can be cured by the "Medic" which would be chosen at any random time (In the middle of the infection time, Before it ends), Therefor adding a fair game play and good strategy for players. It'd also be fun as the players with Yellow names would become Zombies when the "Medic" time has run out.

Would this be a better suggestion for this?

Willchill

Blocktopia's Official Octopus
Reaction score
I think that we could have half-zombies which can only infect 1 in 2 peop-
Forget that.

I like these ideas, but the half-zombie would change the whole game.

Friendy

SMP Overlord & Events Manager
Admin
Donor
Survival Staff
Reaction score
I think that we could have half-zombies which can only infect 1 in 2 peop-
Forget that.

I like these ideas, but the half-zombie would change the whole game.
From my suggestion, It'd be a mode and not a permanent thing, Like Hardcore.

Knight365

Reaction score
Just want to points out some things here
What if a ref gets chosen as medic?
What if the medic doesn't want to heal anyone?
What if the medic logs off?
What if the medic gets kicked for pressing R?
What if the medic if AFK?
What if the medic wants to play and not heal?
What if the medic refuses to heal certain people?
What if the medic somehow abuses?
More to be added in if i think of some.

omgitsathong

PinWheels
Reaction score
Hmm, well a medic doesnt HAVE to heal if he doesnt want to I guess. Its not necessary for them to heal, its optional to make the game more interesting. Im sure the zombie will chase the medic to be healed anyways, just so they can become human again. If he gets kicked, then no medic that round, because its an optional gameplay that makes it more fun, not mandatory. If he afks, same reason above. For abuses, it would help more with detail :). If a ref gets to be medic, theyd have to be ophuman first, then act as an ophuman medic.

Shinyshark

Professional innuendo creator/finder.
Reaction score
As far as I know noone 'refs' untill the zombie is chosen.
You should be quite happy to save people.
If the medic logs off, there's no medic.
Same as before.
Same as before.
Healing is part of the playing, it's the same and a small effort.
A medic's a medic, and if he refuses to heal, that's a shame. Haven't seen a zombie that didn't want to infect somone.
Abuse results in punishment.

That's what I think would happen, I'm not staff here or a regular player.

Jayfeather

Gay Magician
Donor
Reaction score
It's not like a zombie.
It's just a nice chance for humans to survive, not a game mechanic that would fall apart if failed in some way.