Medic

omgitsathong

PinWheels
Reaction score
Okay, so FecalMatters talked about having 1 Medic per round to cure zombies into humans again, and i wouldnt think it'd be such a bad idea. To balance this however, the medic should only be able to cure zombies every couple of seconds, probably 10? 15? or longer? it can be flexible, but also, they would should be slower at running. For this to happen, it MIGHT not be doable, but I was thinking about how with /fly, there are glass blocks following the person using it, could this be changed into water, AND surrounding the player that is a medic, making them move slower since they ARE in water. This could spice things up a little , maybe add the element of freeze tag into this already hide and seek tag style gameplay. Also the Medic doesnt have to be every round maybe. Thoughts and comments?
Discuss!

Trap_Wolf

dam u str8 babygurl
Reaction score
Website
www.trapwolf.com
OMFG. We've literally applied this in this real life sort of murder game we have in drama club. We've set perfect restrictions on it and it works out amazingly. C:

FLAW THOUGH: So this means. The medic is immune the entire round? They can't be zombeled because any zombel that comes near them is cured. That's what I'm getting. o.o

omgitsathong

PinWheels
Reaction score
Nono, okay, to be more clear, a medic can be zombified during the time period that it CANNOT heal a zombie back into a human. For example, say theres a 1 minute wait before the medic can convert a zombie into a human (when the medicine is active). Before the 60 seconds are up, the medic CAN BE infected, but after that 1 minute, he is invincible for 1 touch of a zombie, because he/she will convert the zombie that he/she touches back into a human. The cycle continues after he revives a zombie into a human. This can be modified, such as the time limit before the next revive, and the time limit the medic has until the medicine's effectiveness wears off to revive a zombie, because we dont want the medic to be invincible for the entire round if he/she chooses not to touch a zombie.

omgitsathong

PinWheels
Reaction score
Yes Will, I was thinking about that for a bit, but i wasnt quite sure how it should be. I was thinking it could be like what you just said, or vice versa. Your idea is probably the better idea so yes, the water surrounding the player that makes them slower should be while the medicine is active, which should balance the teams.

CaramelCow

Reaction score
How about its like in lava with furious lava. Maybe it could be a round that happens every now and then?
And it could say to the player "Do you wish to be this rounds medic? Yes/No"

Summer10

Reaction score
This seems like the medic would have MAJOR advantage and they can just not revive someone to stay human all round from what I heard :eek:

Kloud_Strife

TNT Drama Queen
Reaction score
I don't know, it does seem kind of unfair, especially towards the beginning. However, the medic won't last long, because of the mobs of zombie concentrating on him (and leaving other players free) in a desperate attempt to get ured. Also, wouldn't the water around him let him fly? Unless it doesn't cover his head, in which aerial attacks could be feasible.

Im kind of seeing the medic as a hamster in a room full of dachsunds. One dachsund gets full, but the rest go hungry.

Friendy

SMP Overlord & Events Manager
Admin
Donor
Survival Staff
Reaction score
@omgitsathong But it would be kinda tricky for the medic to run from zombels while the medicine is de-activated, maybe only the /fly stuff whilst the medicine is active?
Fly would be bad, If the player was using WoM and could fly, They could easily get out of spawn and possibly use hacks if they got the chance, There is many, many negatives to this - E.G. - The Zombies all chasing the Medic to be cured so they win the round, Medic could just fly around on last minute, Medic could potentially ruin certain maps (Ones designed for survival); I honestly see no good side to this.

Marnixxie

Hippo
Reaction score
No, just like leaving. Someone else will get first zombie.
It is not really the same.
In the time I was an Operator I tried to /ref and /hide, but I was still the first zombie and it did not change (probably has not been changed), I had to leave the server (as you said).
Changing the rank does not solve the problem, there will be no other (first) Zombie and we have to wait till someone joins.
Also the one who was the first zombie and gets cured keeps walking with the Zombie skin.

That is why I LOVE this suggestion.

Reactions: Friendy

Friendy

Admin
Donor
Survival Staff
Reaction score
It is not really the same.
In the time I was an Operator I tried to /ref and /hide, but I was still the first zombie and it did not change (probably has not been changed), I had to leave the server (as you said).
Changing the rank does not solve the problem, there will be no other (first) Zombie and we have to wait till someone joins.
Also the one who was the first zombie and gets cured keeps walking with the Zombie skin.

That is why I LOVE this suggestion.
Omg I love it nao. +9001 (It's over 9.. Nah.)

ethical1337

Don't choose the easy path just because its easy
Reaction score
Even if I find an idea dreadfully stupid I don't go out of my way to make the idea die. I let the HC's decide what they want for the server. What you should instead be trying to do Marn is think of ways you can improve the idea or state your opinion once. Not try and block every angle possible. This is a suggestion thread not a post something and we can all tell you why its stupid thread.

Also I believe when a ref types /ref when they are first it selects another zombie. I haven't tried it in a while so don't take my word for it.

Friendy

Admin
Donor
Survival Staff
Reaction score
Btw, This is exactly the same suggestion as mine that you could cure Zombies (In my Blue/Red pill thread) but the only difference is that you have a time limit to who you can cure, Mine was just a command you could type /bluepill on TIME and you'd get a chance to find the Blue block or something, Break it and how ever many seconds/minutes to cure zombies.

Or it was the red pill, I forgot; Anyway, Mine got turned down so what would make this any different? - I'm not trying to shoot this suggestion down like ethical1337 but I don't see any good points from it, Unless you were able to make it so that you could only cure the "Chosen" Zombie, Or there could be a new type of Infection where if you get "Infected" you could go on for a cert.. Wait, Basically this:

Omgitsathong: /medic on 3 1 (Format: Medic on TIME ROUNDS - ROUNDS doesn't have to be added)
Then on the next round instead of being instantly infected you'd be infected by a player with a Yellow name and your name would stay white for around 30 seconds to a minute in which you'd become infected (Yellow not red) Without your knowing. The humans would obviously see the Yellow names and have to run away from the Half-Dead; But the players with Yellow names can be cured by the "Medic" which would be chosen at any random time (In the middle of the infection time, Before it ends), Therefor adding a fair game play and good strategy for players. It'd also be fun as the players with Yellow names would become Zombies when the "Medic" time has run out.

Would this be a better suggestion for this?

Shinyshark

Professional innuendo creator/finder.
Reaction score
If this is added, Why not have it so that the medic can save people who have been infected, but are not zombies.
The person gets infected by getting hit, The medic has an average ammount of time (30 seconds) to save the person before he turns to a zombie, once a zombie they can not be cured.

This way you won't have zombies being cured, but you do have an alternative.
(Yes, I know they can camp in a group and have the medic stay there infinitly healing them)

Reactions: omgitsathong

Friendy

Admin
Donor
Survival Staff
Reaction score
If this is added, Why not have it so that the medic can save people who have been infected, but are not zombies.
The person gets infected by getting hit, The medic has an average ammount of time (30 seconds) to save the person before he turns to a zombie, once a zombie they can not be cured.

This way you won't have zombies being cured, but you do have an alternative.
(Yes, I know they can camp in a group and have the medic stay there infinitly healing them)
Exactly what I just said.

Marnixxie

Hippo
Reaction score
Even if I find an idea dreadfully stupid I don't go out of my way to make the idea die. I let the HC's decide what they want for the server. What you should instead be trying to do Marn is think of ways you can improve the idea or state your opinion once. Not try and block every angle possible. This is a suggestion thread not a post something and we can all tell you why its stupid thread.

Also I believe when a ref types /ref when they are first it selects another zombie. I haven't tried it in a while so don't take my word for it.
No I am giving typical hints why it is stupid and how to improve it to something decent.

Friendy

Admin
Donor
Survival Staff
Reaction score
Someone read what I posted?

Btw, This is exactly the same suggestion as mine that you could cure Zombies (In my Blue/Red pill thread) but the only difference is that you have a time limit to who you can cure, Mine was just a command you could type /bluepill on TIME and you'd get a chance to find the Blue block or something, Break it and how ever many seconds/minutes to cure zombies.

Or it was the red pill, I forgot; Anyway, Mine got turned down so what would make this any different? - I'm not trying to shoot this suggestion down like ethical1337 but I don't see any good points from it, Unless you were able to make it so that you could only cure the "Chosen" Zombie, Or there could be a new type of Infection where if you get "Infected" you could go on for a cert.. Wait, Basically this:

Omgitsathong: /medic on 3 1 (Format: Medic on TIME ROUNDS - ROUNDS doesn't have to be added)
Then on the next round instead of being instantly infected you'd be infected by a player with a Yellow name and your name would stay white for around 30 seconds to a minute in which you'd become infected (Yellow not red) Without your knowing. The humans would obviously see the Yellow names and have to run away from the Half-Dead; But the players with Yellow names can be cured by the "Medic" which would be chosen at any random time (In the middle of the infection time, Before it ends), Therefor adding a fair game play and good strategy for players. It'd also be fun as the players with Yellow names would become Zombies when the "Medic" time has run out.

Would this be a better suggestion for this?

ethical1337

Don't choose the easy path just because its easy
Reaction score
- I'm not trying to shoot this suggestion down like ethical1337

I was not shooting this down in fact I was trying to do just the opposite. I was trying to give it a chance to be considered.

Edit: Lol Angel its K :3

Friendy

Admin
Donor
Survival Staff
Reaction score
- I'm not trying to shoot this suggestion down like ethical1337

I was not shooting this down in fact I was trying to do just the opposite. I was trying to give it a chance to be considered.
Woops! I meant to say "Like ethical1337 said", Sorry :L