Declined MCMMO

Reaction score
I would just level up unarmed and deal 4.5 hearts of damage each hit with my fists.

Y

YouWould

Oh man, MCMMO... Good memories, would love to see it here.

Lee_scar

Geezuslike
Donor
Reaction score
Experienced opinion on the mod mcmmo:

While enjoyable there are significant downsides to the plugin in a contained environment such as rof so late in the life of the server.

Acrobatics is broken in the early stages, a simple dive to 1/2 heart diving board can quickly level up the skill.
-On certain maps a diving board can be setup and used all but the last two-five minutes.
--At higher levels this would neuter the risk of falling unless low level set, then its just no fun.
---Feather falling boots double xp rates gained, and there are high tier feather falling boots available.

The other skills, while fun to play with would certainly not fit well with the server.
-Issues involving skills could be used to greif. such as giga drill breaker and super breaker.

-Infighting about the small area and lack of mobs or 'whos mob it was' and the fair rights to mob grinding.
--High tier players completely decimating the field leaving nothing for others seeking.
---Mobs posing no risk and the survival aspect further neutered.
-New players being completely overwhelmed even further combined with the already overwhelming rank system.
--New player satisfaction rating possible drop due to lack of plentiful map resources.
---Maps becoming nothing more then harvest zones that would be no fun to play on; if anyone recalls on smp entire deserts were obliterated.
-massive lag if someone uses treefeller on some of the larger trees causing weak connection players to crash

-introduction of overpowered enchanted items from being able to harvest enchanted books from archane salvage + fishing

Timdood3

Mafia Host
Reaction score
--At higher levels this would neuter the risk of falling unless low level set, then its just no fun.
---Feather falling boots double xp rates gained, and there are high tier feather falling boots available.
--The risk of falling isn't fun.
---That's just flat out misinformation. exp gained is based solely on the amount of damage taken, regardless of featherfall.
-Infighting about the small area and lack of mobs or 'whos mob it was' and the fair rights to mob grinding.
I don't see this happening.
-New players being completely overwhelmed even further combined with the already overwhelming rank system.
McMMO is a rather common plugin, and most players will be familiar with it.
--New player satisfaction rating possible drop due to lack of plentiful map resources.
I don't actually see how McMMO=less plentiful resources.
-massive lag if someone uses treefeller on some of the larger trees causing weak connection players to crash
There is an inbuilt cap on the size of tree that can be chopped
-introduction of overpowered enchanted items from being able to harvest enchanted books from arcane salvage + fishing
This applies to any skill that this sort of problem could be applied to, but certain perks can be disabled in the config by setting the level needed over the level cap. I don't know if it's possible to disable the perk entirely.

Final note: I didn't know this was a suggestion for RoF, I was under the assumption that it would be for a survival server.

Lee_scar

Geezuslike
Donor
Reaction score
---That's just flat out misinformation. exp gained is based solely on the amount of damage taken, regardless of featherfall.
Actually no, as one who keeps up with plugins I can most assuredly inform you that feather fall does create a multiplier towards xp gain.

That is if one follows the default settings and slap dashed the plugin. It can be toggled, but the upwards levels are impossibly grindy to reach without the modifier.

So yes, wearing a feather fall will double all xp gained from any damage taken.

I don't see this happening.
This happened on a case by case example in other places and areas in the past. It happened on something as large as the pokemon server however the players there had some sense of reason to settle the dispute amongst themselves.

As a gauge of reactions I clearly see people fighting over which ore belonged to who, and which mob should have given xp to whom. I already see the instance where someone is barehanding or ranging mobs and another with a sword comes in taking them all out. Given the tiny maps, thus starting an argument over who truly deserved the xp.

This as well can be comparatively applied to the high xp resources in any given map for mining and shoveling. As the well informed and rank hungry will no doubt resource snipe the high yield products. Given the xp curve most will bottom out at around lvl 200-500 and continue to resource snipe. Effectively ruining the structures of maps and enjoyable factor of those not wanting to grind.

Combine this with the fact that at most in any given map you will only fine 64-100 iron, toss in 8-17 people all mining frantically and yes you will have an awful hollowed out map in seven to ten minutes. After all when you are given a task such as gaining experience otherwise standing around and building or doing nothing but sitting in a home, most people will assuredly apply themselves to level gain. Think of a frantic ant colony.

• Optimistic
Reactions: Notme

Jivvi

Mafia Host
Reaction score
If people just get a high enough level, then they would stand a better chance against them. It gives incentive to play and level up more, and increase the Candy-Crush effect RoF has.
the whole point is the gap between people who will not only max out ranks and nifty gear but max out mcmmo, meaning that there'll be a hefty putting down of new players, moreso than before

• Agree
Reactions: 1 person

X__x

Resident Zombie
Reaction score
Believe me when I say this, I've asked for this before. Not only do both IQ/Ogar not want this, pretty much none of the directors will add this to any of our servers for whatever reason they have. Even if many people want it. ;c

RaizzanX

Trash
Controller
Donor
Discord Staff
Reaction score
Experienced opinion on the mod mcmmo:

---Maps becoming nothing more then harvest zones that would be no fun to play on; if anyone recalls on smp entire deserts were obliterated.
It wasn't me, I swear on me grave. I did not level up till level 500 by obliterating the desert(I also obliterated plains)

Reactions: Amorix

Rune

Resident Roadman | Deception Lead
Admin
Donor
AoD Staff
Survival Staff
Reaction score
I agree with Deadface. Me and Dead once asked IQ to add MCMMO to fix the repair glitch which he replied with the answer "No.".

MCMMO will NOT be added to the RoF server how hard you guys try. If both of the server directors don't want it, it's not gonna be added. MCMMO is also extremely common in servers these days, Blocktopia wants to be unique with RoF, and adding MCMMO isn't gonna be unique. I understand why they have Essentials (If they don't, my mistake) and you guys have to remember that most of the plugins are coded by our talented team of Devs.

MCMMO IS NOT GOING TO BE ADDED, SO STOP ASKING.

Amorix

Reaction score
Truth be told, I don't see how implementing MCMMO would work without completely rewiring both the server itself and all the maps to accomodate for the severe alteration of gameplay this would cause.

Lee_scar

Geezuslike
Donor
Reaction score
I'm not shooting down the idea I could do an all purpose review on why it is good, however without having staffing experience I cannot say entirely what points are good.

As a staff member would have the insider information on goings on and such.

Rune

Resident Roadman | Deception Lead
Admin
Donor
AoD Staff
Survival Staff
Reaction score
Why is Runemen4 talking to us like we've been constantly asking for it lmao

thank you for constructive information/critque Lee_scar
Going to have to reply to clear this up,

We do keep asking Ogar and IQ about it. I don't want MCMMO like Ogar and IQ don't want it, and I am pretty sure that Ogar and IQ are tired of repeatedly being asked about it.

Lets all try to keep the discussion civil, and try to understand both sides to the arguments and try not to be one sided all the time. I like some aspects of MCMMO, and this isn't a lie. I played Factions with MCMMO which make it really fun to play and even fairer. But I don't want it associated with RoF because it doesn't suit it, and wouldn't work at all with how RoF is setup. It's already unfair to players who have low ranks because higher ranks can afford to get much more 'op' items because they can afford it and adding MCMMO will increase that gap which I would probably guess Ogar doesn't want.

Again, MCMMO isn't going to be added, even if many people want it. It's Ogar and IQ's choice, and if they say No, we have to respect that and move along.

Last edited: